What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

What's that game like?  Saw it one Steam and was mildly curious.  I looked at the Steam reviews, but lets face it, Steam reviews are hilariously godawful.

a freaking amazing jrpg mixed with a decent plot displayed as a vn but the charters are animated all the time and with lip-sync, the combat is really similar to the eternal sonata. Get it now it's 50% off :)

a freaking amazing jrpg mixed with a decent plot displayed as a vn but the charters are animated all the time and with lip-sync, the combat is really similar to the eternal sonata. Get it now it's 50% off :)

Got a slightly more detailed description than that?  I usually try to find out info about a game before I buy it if it's more than $5-10, but the Steam reviews are pretty unhelpful, as usual, and I don't really know any decent reviewing sites.  Used to go to IGN, then I realized that they're generally pretty full of crap and stopped looking at their reviews.

Got a slightly more detailed description than that?  I usually try to find out info about a game before I buy it if it's more than $5-10, but the Steam reviews are pretty unhelpful, as usual, and I don't really know any decent reviewing sites.  Used to go to IGN, then I realized that they're generally pretty full of crap and stopped looking at their reviews.

You can explore and see the enemies before fighting them like in FF12 with sections that you can explore (no random combat) but the fighting is turn based, like eternal sonata but without the points to move around (I can't think of any other game like that right now sorry :P) you even can do combos and special attacks.

It's like ff x combat but moving around in the combat zone once you hit an enemy. It's really fun.

You need to grind a lot...just like in any jrpg.

The plot is really hilarious and not serious at all, for me it was decent (a war between consoles...yeah I'm not joking) and there isn't much else to talk about :P

You can explore and see the enemies before fighting them like in FF12 with sections that you can explore (no random combat) but the fighting is turn based, like eternal sonata but without the points to move around (I can't think of any other game like that right now sorry :P) you even can do combos and special attacks.

It's like ff x combat but moving around in the combat zone once you hit an enemy. It's really fun.

You need to grind a lot...just like in any jrpg.

The plot is really hilarious and not serious at all, for me it was decent (a war between consoles...yeah I'm not joking) and there isn't much else to talk about :P

Just checked the IGN review of it for the lolz.  "I liked the game, it was fun, but too easy.  The fanservice in the game made me uncomfortable but I like Kill la Kill so shut up.  6/10"  Keep dropping the ball, IGN.

Well, I have $40 on Steam that I was going to put towards GTA V, buuuuut...eh.  Why not.

"Freaking amazing JRPG" huh? That's the first time I've seen anyone describe any of the Neptunia games with those words. They are not known for their gameplay, and even a lot of fans seem to admit that the gameplay is weak. Personally, I found the combat to be really boring and I'm not a fan of its sense of humor. Overall I thought Rebirth was kinda bad. :/

Thanks to the game club, I am playing Castlevania Aria Of Sorrow. Seems pretty fun so far!

(Tried One Way Heroics too, but, meeeh....)

Aria Of Sorrow best Castlevania. Symphony Of The Night also best Castlevania. I recommend.

Anyways, AoS is, in my opinion, for newcomers to Castlevania. It's got some pretty good gameplay in it, and its difficulty isn't way up there like with the other ones. Plus so many weapons are broken as fuck. You gotta be careful of the good end/true end split. Those useless books you collect give you clues to the true end. Once you're done with the first game, try replaying with the name "Julian".

As for SotN, IMO this shit be for Castlevania pros. It's got this power thing going for it, you feel so fucking powerful once you get into it. I don't really have much to say about it until you actually play, though.

"Freaking amazing JRPG" huh? That's the first time I've seen anyone describe any of the Neptunia games with those words. They are not known for their gameplay, and even a lot of fans seem to admit that the gameplay is weak. Personally, I found the combat to be really boring and I'm not a fan of its sense of humor. Overall I thought Rebirth was kinda bad. :/

well it was for me, I enjoy jrpgs a lot, well not so much lately because I don't have the time.

They complain about the graphics and how boring are the maps and that there are almost empty...i dont recall seeing maps full of life in any other jrpg either...they are almost the same, just random enemies walking around for you to fight, some items and treasures here and there and nothing more :/

The combat is like any other typical jrpg...it is boring if you don't like this genre.

Eternal sonata was freaking amazing too and they said the combat was repetitive and the plot bad, same goes for lost oddysey about the combat not the plot (this one was tedious because of the random combat for me but it was fun nevertheless ) resonance of fate, enhanced arms, carta magna, star ocen the last hope(yes I really liked it yet everybody hated it when it came out) blue dragon (gamespot gave this game a 6 and for me it's a 8)...everyone says skyrim is awesome and for me it was an awful rpg and still is, Xenoblade Chronicles everyone claim this is one of the best rpg out there yes because nobody finished it and knows the real plot and how shitty it is in reality, how repetitive it gets, how the quest plain bad and simple, how the ending is just terrible it was so bad that I had to stop playing it and I finished it a year ago(it was driving me crazy)...can't remember other titles right now, it was when I played with my xbo360 and borrowed ps3 of a friend of mine.

The gameplay ain't that amazing, yeah, but I thought the characters were fun. And the challenges added by 'Additional Content' really are challenging, like that one battle I can't seem to finish. Personally, the interaction is everything in the series. But looking in deeper in the gameplay wouldn't hurt.

As for SotN, IMO this shit be for Castlevania pros. It's got this power thing going for it, you feel so fucking powerful once you get into it. I don't really have much to say about it until you actually play, though.

>Castlevania: SoTN

>for Castlevania pros

I disagree. I finished that game back when I was in 2nd grade or something. It's not really that hard.

Well, advanced in Persona 3 Portable.

Got to the 15th floor and now i can't advance, i just randomly farm the lowlifes to upgrade my chars.

Also, advancing my social links, now member of the Volley team and the student council. So far, interesting game, really interesting.

I'm almost done with Rebirth 1 now.  Here's what I would say:

• The story is definitely aimed at humor, there is very little seriousness so as long as you're o.k. with that it's fine.
  • If you're in to Japanese stuff you'll enjoy all the little niche jokes they put in (aka fighting a Kyubey enemy)
  • The battle system is pretty good but it's nothing special.  It consists of moving around and using 3 types of attacks since enemy have both HP (normal) and GP (remove to do more damage).  Also special attacks and EXE Gauge attacks. 
  • The game does have some random difficulty spikes early on with bosses.  Just expect to fight 2 or something with no save.
  • It seems to be a good game if your a simple play-though person like me or if you like long excruciating challenges like grinding to level 999 post-game. 
  • Compa is best girl. 

Got to the 15th floor and now i can't advance, i just randomly farm the lowlifes to upgrade my chars.

Also, advancing my social links, now member of the Volley team and the student council. So far, interesting game, really interesting.

Playing the male or female route? Female route is literally the only non-canon Persona thing done. (I'm serious, the damn dancing game is canon but not female P3 route)

Female route is also more fun with dialogue. She is a lot more bubbly and upbeat. 

• The story is definitely aimed at humor, there is very little seriousness so as long as you're o.k. with that it's fine.
  • If you're in to Japanese stuff you'll enjoy all the little niche jokes they put in (aka fighting a Kyubey enemy)
  • The battle system is pretty good but it's nothing special.  It consists of moving around and using 3 types of attacks since enemy have both HP (normal) and GP (remove to do more damage).  Also special attacks and EXE Gauge attacks. 
  • The game does have some random difficulty spikes early on with bosses.  Just expect to fight 2 or something with no save.
  • It seems to be a good game if your a simple play-though person like me or if you like long excruciating challenges like grinding to level 999 post-game. 
  • Compa is best girl. 

I agree with the list, I would add that there is also something like a crafting system.

but Iris Heart is the best one.

"Portable"? Is that a PSP game?

I only know the PS2 game (FES version)

I agree with the list, I would add that there is also something like a crafting system.

but Iris Heart is the best one.

"Portable"? Is that a PSP game?

I only know the PS2 game (FES version)

Yes, there's a PSP remake of Persona 3.  You can play as Male or Female, but it doesn't' have the FES content.  But it does have one benefit: controlling party member in battle. 

Yes, there's a PSP remake of Persona 3.  You can play as Male or Female, but it doesn't' have the FES content.  But it does have one benefit: controlling party member in battle. 

Benefit in the loosest form of the word. P3 was designed around non-control, so I never had issues with not having control. P4 felt designed to have control, so I do remember having issues with not having control. In P3P, I never turn on ally control and I still don't have issues. I like it better in fact. 

Benefit in the loosest form of the word. P3 was designed around non-control, so I never had issues with not having control. P4 felt designed to have control, so I do remember having issues with not having control. In P3P, I never turn on ally control and I still don't have issues. I like it better in fact. 

Mitsuru doesn't spam Marin Karin? Well well. What a lucky guy.

I just couldn't stand autonomous allies in both games. The second someone didn't do exactly what I wanted them to do I changed everyone to manual control.

Playing the male or female route? Female route is literally the only non-canon Persona thing done. (I'm serious, the damn dancing game is canon but not female P3 route)

Female route is also more fun with dialogue. She is a lot more bubbly and upbeat. 

Yup, doing this route, which looks a lot of fun.

• Compa is best girl. 

Yeah, I'm okay with silly stuff and pretty much just humor in a game as long as they don't try and switch things up to become serious all of a sudden.  I mean, I enjoyed Saints Row 3 and 4, and they're pretty much just humor, so I think I can handle that  :P

As for grinding and random difficulty spikes, I've played a few Final Fantasy games before where grinding was literally the only way to beat the game without divine intervention from RNGesus, so I'm fine with that.  The random difficulty spikes are probably gonna irritate me, but eh, I can just grind through it.

Compa can't pronounce "Neptune"...is she dumb?

I agree that I liked it that way in P3 but I don't deny it would be convenient to have full control sometimes.

Yeah, I'm okay with silly stuff and pretty much just humor in a game as long as they don't try and switch things up to become serious all of a sudden.  I mean, I enjoyed Saints Row 3 and 4, and they're pretty much just humor, so I think I can handle that  :P

As for grinding and random difficulty spikes, I've played a few Final Fantasy games before where grinding was literally the only way to beat the game without divine intervention from RNGesus, so I'm fine with that.  The random difficulty spikes are probably gonna irritate me, but eh, I can just grind through it.

Compa can't pronounce "Neptune"...is she dumb?

Most characters can't.  We do have a Neptunia thread, come on over: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/8611-hyperdimension-neptuniaspin-offs/