What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

I finally did it! I beat Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin without using shields or magic. 

But it was way more difficult to do than in Dark Souls 1, since 2 likes to throw hordes of enemies at you. Especially fighting against multiple bosses at same time is frustrating. It doesn't make it necessarily harder, just more time consuming, because you have so few chances to do damage. Some the DLC bosses were super annoying, they have lingering hitboxes and delayed attacks which makes dodging hard. 

It wasn't all bad, the new enemy placement was refreshing, it brings back some the charm of playing a souls game for the first time. And the winter wonderland DLC was pretty fun. 

I finally did it! I beat Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin without using shields or magic. 

But it was way more difficult to do than in Dark Souls 1, since 2 likes to throw hordes of enemies at you. Especially fighting against multiple bosses at same time is frustrating. It doesn't make it necessarily harder, just more time consuming, because you have so few chances to do damage. Some the DLC bosses were super annoying, they have lingering hitboxes and delayed attacks which makes dodging hard. 

It wasn't all bad, the new enemy placement was refreshing, it brings back some the charm of playing a souls game for the first time. And the winter wonderland DLC was pretty fun. 

I bought the normal 32-bit Dark Souls 2, so I'm waiting until the upgrade goes on sale before I get it.  Early buyer problems...

Also got $40 worth of Steam Wallet cards for Easter, surprisingly, so that's going towards GTA V.  Still waiting to see if it's a good port or not before I buy it.

I bought the normal 32-bit Dark Souls 2, so I'm waiting until the upgrade goes on sale before I get it.  Early buyer problems...

Also got $40 worth of Steam Wallet cards for Easter, surprisingly, so that's going towards GTA V.  Still waiting to see if it's a good port or not before I buy it.

65 gigs.

Jesus.  I'm gonna have to download for a week, at least.  Maybe even two.  1 GB takes me slightly over an hour...I hate my ISP.

I am glad I am not hyped for that game because if I tried to download that there would be like only 10 gigs for 4 people to use for a whole month, and that ain't happening

It doesn't help that I learned our internet was not unlimited only last month

Just bought the PS2 game "Oni" and will play it as soon as I have time again, I have no idea what kind of game that is but I thought the cover looks interesting and 0,50€ for a used version is nothing.

Oh oh, if it's the same Oni, this is the game Bungie Software released just before Halo : combat evolved.

I played through Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and had a blast. Now I'll just finish the stuff I didn't get and try to do character specific endings. On my first play through I managed to get "worst" ending, I didn't improve relationship points enough. Now it's time get all the girls and maybe some guys.

The game itself is kind of short and simple, but damn it is beautiful.  

I played through Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and had a blast. Now I'll just finish the stuff I didn't get and try to do character specific endings. On my first play through I managed to get "worst" ending, I didn't improve relationship points enough. Now it's time get all the girls and maybe some guys.

The game itself is kind of short and simple, but damn it is beautiful.  

I actually returned my new copy.   It didn't look that good honestly and the reviews seemed bad.

I actually returned my new copy.   It didn't look that good honestly and the reviews seemed bad.

I wouldn't say it's great, but it's not bad. For a full price release it's kind of lacking. The story is pretty interesting and it has bunch of great characters, but none of these are really fleshed out. Characters show up on their mission, and after that they just are with you. Episodic story progression makes it fun to play in burst, but it never goes deep enough and it lacks any meaningful conclusion.

Still I had fun with it and it has some interesting ideas, like the emotion system for conversations. The battle system is pretty solid too. It really has all the ingredients to be a great game, but they are not used properly. It feels like they had great idea, but failed to fully realize it.