What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Beat Sleeping Dogs thanks to pain keeping me out of work. Now to dive back into Stalker. 

What'd you think of it, batman?  I thought it was one of the best GTA clones I've ever played, what with the interesting location (reversed roads really threw me) and the emphasis on hand-to-hand over guns.  The story also blew me away; the realism, up until the boss fight, was pretty refreshing.

New Game+. I dont think any of them let you play past the time limit

Beat Sleeping Dogs thanks to pain keeping me out of work. Now to dive back into Stalker. 

Excellent. I'm even happier at the idea of New Game+ (I didn't know it existed) than at the idea of continuing on after the battle. Though now I have to wonder what the last day is on which I can finish the fight without getting a bad ending... ahh, well, it will all be revealed soon enough.

What'd you think of it, batman?  I thought it was one of the best GTA clones I've ever played, what with the interesting location (reversed roads really threw me) and the emphasis on hand-to-hand over guns.  The story also blew me away; the realism, up until the boss fight, was pretty refreshing.

I really had fun with it. Wasn;t anything amazing, but I would love to see more. It is a shame they are making Triad Wars a MMO instead of making another true story focus game set in Hong Kong. Obviously, Wei Shen's story is over, but it'd be fun to play as someone like Jackie maybe, someone who is genuinely joining the Triad gangs and work your way up through the gang in a story focused manner. 

Excellent. I'm even happier at the idea of New Game+ (I didn't know it existed) than at the idea of continuing on after the battle. Though now I have to wonder what the last day is on which I can finish the fight without getting a bad ending... ahh, well, it will all be revealed soon enough.

Typically, its either April Year 3 or April Year 6 I think. Sometimes, the main quest doesn't appear until after Year 3 ie. Totori. 

I started playing Dark Souls 2: Scholar of First Sin expansion/enhanced version/whatever. I never played the DLC anyway, so it was a good time do another play trough. 

The new enemy placement really threw me off guard and they also added more enemies, which makes certain areas very bothersome. More so, since I challenged myself to do no-shield run.

I really had fun with it. Wasn;t anything amazing, but I would love to see more. It is a shame they are making Triad Wars a MMO instead of making another true story focus game set in Hong Kong. Obviously, Wei Shen's story is over, but it'd be fun to play as someone like Jackie maybe, someone who is genuinely joining the Triad gangs and work your way up through the gang in a story focused manner. 

So then, how is it compared to Saint's Row? I wanna get a scope of things before I start playing...

What saints row? SR 2 or SR 3/4?

Uhhh, the best one, SR2. :P

Completely different. Way less over the top. Way more story focused. Much less gun play. More hand to hand combat. M

M? Masochistic?

Joking aside, would you consider it a GTA gameplay + Assassin's Creed seriousness kinda thing? That's what my friend says (but I've known for a long while not to trust him with things like that, he gets excited too easily).

Uhhh, the best one, SR2. :P

M? Masochistic?

Joking aside, would you consider it a GTA gameplay + Assassin's Creed seriousness kinda thing? That's what my friend says (but I've known for a long while not to trust him with things like that, he gets excited too easily).

It's not really Assassin's creed, you don't have that much verticality, but yeh, it's a little similar, but trust me, Sleeping dogs is harder than AC(well it's easy to be harder than AC lol )

Could your senses tell me if its a good series to start my journey through the atelier games? :)

You have a few choices actually in terms of localized titles. Could start with Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana which is more of a traditional jrpg. Or you could go with Atelier Rorona Plus (make sure you play the Plus version) which is a time based jrpg. Or you could go with Atelier Ayesha. All three of these are the start of a different trilogy. Lets not also forget Mana Khemia which is in fact an Atelier series too. Its the start of the time based mechanics (for English titles. Series was time based before Iris). 

Wow, I had no idea they were making a sequel, much less an MMO.  I think it's lame that they're going for an MMO, since they usually flop and aren't that well made.  Ah, well...

But yeah, I loved the characters and the story.  Kinda wish there'd been a system similar to Splinter Cell: Double Agent's in it, where you had to make sure that neither the cops or the triads got too suspicious of you, but that would've been just over the top amazing.

It's not really Assassin's creed, you don't have that much verticality, but yeh, it's a little similar, but trust me, Sleeping dogs is harder than AC(well it's easy to be harder than AC lol )

The first Assassin's Creed was hard as hell, then they dumbed it down in the sequel, and then they apparently decided that it was too hard even then, and continued to dumb it down even further until a drunk toddler could play it.

Wow, I had no idea they were making a sequel, much less an MMO.  I think it's lame that they're going for an MMO, since they usually flop and aren't that well made.  Ah, well...

But yeah, I loved the characters and the story.  Kinda wish there'd been a system similar to Splinter Cell: Double Agent's in it, where you had to make sure that neither the cops or the triads got too suspicious of you, but that would've been just over the top amazing.

The first Assassin's Creed was hard as hell, then they dumbed it down in the sequel, and then they apparently decided that it was too hard even then, and continued to dumb it down even further until a drunk toddler could play it.

You bet your ass I will be testing this theory out.

As for Triad wars, it looks like it may be like GTA Online in terms of how it works, except you run gangs and stuff. I feel like it will be pay to win

You bet your ass I will be testing this theory out.

As for Triad wars, it looks like it may be like GTA Online in terms of how it works, except you run gangs and stuff. I feel like it will be pay to win

Bet your ass a drunk toddler could beat the game  :P

Of course it'll be pay to win.  MMOs always are  >.>

Please don't give alcohol to toddlers.

WvvA1b9.gif

Rather, give it to a cranky old lady who has never held a game controller. You'll get similar results, and it won't be nearly as mean.

I've only ever played AC2, but I never considered it all that challenging and pretty much beat it in 2 days (would've been 1 if it weren't for time constraints). Might give the first one a shot if it's that much more difficult though.

I've only ever played AC2, but I never considered it all that challenging and pretty much beat it in 2 days (would've been 1 if it weren't for time constraints). Might give the first one a shot if it's that much more difficult though.

Try countering with the Hidden Blade in the original Assassin's Creed, I dare you.  The window of time in which to counterattack with it is so friggin' small I never was even able to do it.  Really, the others are child's play compared to the original.  Combat in general was more difficult, and the guards were better at detecting and spotting you, so you actually had to plan before you went in.  It's pretty sad, Ubi dumbed it down so it'd appeal to a wider audience...

Just bought This War of Mine on Steam.  I'm ready for dem feels.

Heh, I can very easily chain counters in the 2nd game. Well, I will definitely look forward to this. I've always had a lot of confidence in my reaction time (which has been greatly refined from playing insanes on Osu), so I'll probably be able to hit it off. :> And good, the guards were too big of a joke for me.

So much is happening this month. My attention has been split between Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, and Axiom Verge. Bloodborne is bloodborne. DS2 is DS2.

Axiom Verge is ok, gameplay is like metroid(which is what it's entire advertising campaign was centered around). I don't like how he designed bossfights. Regular enemies require quick dodging and attacking, while bosses barely hurt you but have huge amounts of health and spam the same series of attacks over and over. The bosses are designed to take forever, and slowly wear down your health, rather than have have a reasonable amount of health and doing an unforgiving amount of damage.