What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Has anyone played the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series? is it worth it? it looks really good to me, I'v played Metro 2033 and last light, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R looks pretty similar to it ( post radioactive fallout, in Russia, all the masks and suits)  I hear it is pretty hard starting off since it has a pretty big learning curve, so would anyone recommend it? 

Has anyone played the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series? is it worth it? it looks really good to me, I'v played Metro 2033 and last light, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R looks pretty similar to it ( post radioactive fallout, in Russia, all the masks and suits)  I hear it is pretty hard starting off since it has a pretty big learning curve, so would anyone recommend it? 

S.T.A.L.K.E.R games are all amazing. They are like Metro 2033, but open worldish. Areas are open and the games aren't strictly linear. You can also align yourself with different factions. Shooting feels good and tactical. And the Zone with various weird anomalies and naturally patrolling enemies is thrilling to advance trough. The games have great atmosphere, they are sometimes called horror games for good reason. Especially some of the underground segments are really tense and creepy.   

The best place to start is either the original, Shadow of Chernobyl, or Call of Pripyat. Call of Pripyat is mechanically the best, but it lacks some the freedom and feeling that the original had. But the core experience doesn't change too much.

They are pretty difficult games for variety of reasons, but most of the frustration can be avoided.

1. Play on master or veteran difficulty. Difficulty only determines the possibility of hitting someone after your bullet hits them. It doesn't make any sense, but basically it means that on highest difficulty all  bullets that hit enemy's hit box cause damage. On easiest the chance is only 30% or something. This works on you too, so on easy everybody including you is bullet sponge, but on highest every encounter is thrilling since everybody is frail.

2. quick save a lot and make hard saves from time to time. The games are sometimes unstable.

3. Pick your fights carefully. Going gun-ho usually ends up badly, finding a gun with good scope and sniping is often the best approach. And even lone mutant is strong enough to slaughter you, if you are not careful.

4. Use bolts. pressing 5 or 6 brings out a bolt which can be thrown to determine the places of anomalies. Helps to avoid the embarrassment of walking into gravitational anomaly and being torn to shreds.

I heartily recommend S.T.A.L.K.E.R, it's a really unique FPS experience and great fun.

I am currently playing Dragon Ball Z: Xenoverse...and it's surprisingly fun. 

It's more action rpg-ish than fighting game and I really like that aspect to it. Has some issues of course but honestly been fun and worth the price so far.

I'm playing pillars of eternity so far it's really good, I like it more than wasteland even if it is simpler.

Play them, just play them :P

They are not that hard really and once you immerse yourself in the world you can't stop playing it.

I bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl and it gave me motion sickness  :/  Literally the only game that's ever made me sick playing it.  If there was a way to get rid of that goddamn shaking, I'd play it...

I'm kind of Hesitant about it ,since most people gave such a good review of it, but as Zenophiious said, the movement speed is really absurd, I watched a youtube clip of the gameplay and my eyes were just not used to it, a lot of shaking, and the speed he moves at is insanely fast, if it was like Metro with no shake or super fast movement speed, I would 100% go buy all 3 and play them, the atmosphere was simply amazing, so it is tempting 

I'm kind of Hesitant about it ,since most people gave such a good review of it, but as Zenophiious said, the movement speed is really absurd, I watched a youtube clip of the gameplay and my eyes were just not used to it, a lot of shaking, and the speed he moves at is insanely fast, if it was like Metro with no shake or super fast movement speed, I would 100% go buy all 3 and play them, the atmosphere was simply amazing, so it is tempting 

If you are hesitant, try playing Lost Alpha first. It's basically re-imagination of the first Stalker and it's standalone. It's almost as good as the real Stalker games, so you can try how it feels without worrying about wasting money.

I tried playing Shadow of Chernobyl again without any mods, the swaying and mouse acceleration was awful. I didn't remember it was that bad, I can understand why people would feel sick. But it can be fixed by mods and the other Stalker games don't shake that much. 

Mind giving me a link to said mod?  I'm lazy ^_^

Seriously, though, I'm amazed they greenlit the swaying before they released the game.  It almost made me throw up after about 30 minutes.  It also gave me a pretty nasty headache to boot.  Keeping it was a really poor decision, which is a bummer, since the game itself was so fun.

I really do not recommend lost alpha or any of the sort that changes the main story of the game. Why? Because it is really important that you complete the story first before doing anything like that. The story has a rich and immersive  feel and shouldn't be washed away if you haven't completed it beforehand. 

In any case, For mods I recommend, the mods that polish up the game such as bug fixes and quality updates.

and for that case I recommend :-

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

STALKER Complete

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

Clear Sky Complete

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Misery

Misery is such a good mod and brings so much to Pripyat. I don't think I've been as scared without misery, the effect, sound, deft and story. It all comes out in misery. 

Akashi is in my opinion really weak. Yes you could buff him but you probably already got 4 - 5 warriors in your army at this point. You have to do so much too until you can buff him (if I recall or that's maybe character clear), not worth the time. My problem is I only got one or two foot soldiers. That's a pain in the ass later on when you do multiply attack and defenses every turn.

Making good progress so far on Crusaders Quest. I almost have one hero at max level and somehow manged to acquire a super awesome healer. ^^ Working on getting a legendary wizard class right now, but it's turning out to be one hell of a challenge. I finally got to the last stage in a dungeon where I can unlock her, but I can't complete it. :kosame: I should probably start working on another dps class since the ones I'm bringing there are kinda slop. It sucks when you only have two decent heroes and one of them can't enter. Guess I'll have to start grinding for another one, but it'll be worth it to get that wizard class. Hopefully I'll have one ready before the dungeon locks.

Edit: Woah, I got an A tier hunter. That should help out tremendously with getting the wizard. Now I just gotta level him up. ;_; They're giving out free premium contracts today as part of April 1st, lol.

Started Ar tonelico II and thinking of saving for the Atelier Arland series. Also pretty far in .hack//outbreak but I've been playing more warframe again since a few weeks ago.. where I've set my eyes on getting Nova Prime.

My atelier senses are tingling. Go forth my child and bask in the glory of Rorona.

Oh, still working through Sleeping Dogs. This game is actually kind of long. 

My atelier senses are tingling. Go forth my child and bask in the glory of Rorona.

Good, good.

I've been playing the heck out of Ayesha. It is so very good. I think I just beat the last story boss in my last session - I'm currently watching cutscene after cutscene, and hoping that the game gives me plenty of time after completing the main arc to go make all the awesome stuff I still want to make and beat up all the optional badass monsters I have left to beat up (and hopefully some other postgame stuff).

Good, good.

I've been playing the heck out of Ayesha. It is so very good. I think I just beat the last story boss in my last session - I'm currently watching cutscene after cutscene, and hoping that the game gives me plenty of time after completing the main arc to go make all the awesome stuff I still want to make and beat up all the optional badass monsters I have left to beat up (and hopefully some other postgame stuff).

New Game+. I dont think any of them let you play past the time limit

Beat Sleeping Dogs thanks to pain keeping me out of work. Now to dive back into Stalker.