What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Finally got Metal Gear Solid to work properly (aka getting Codec to work) on ePSXe. I've heard there can be problems about one particular boss fight if you are using and emulator, but whatever.

Besides that, I'm trying to A+ all levels in Hotline Miami, and checked out The Stanley Parable yesterday. 

There's XCOM as well

I think I'll focus on MGS first, then XCOM.

Edit: Playing Super Mario Advance and Metroid II on my phone (might get MII on hold until I buy it on my 3DS)

I just figured out that there were five playable Forest levels in the demo, so I played those on my Vita. So fun!

MGS spoilers

FUCKING NINJA

I swear he has good monologue but it gets unbearable when you hear it for the FIFTEENT. FUCKING. TIME.

I find the gameplay clunky and boring (moving with FPS is a must) and the story ain't all that interesting, but I want to see if this gets better

fuck Ninja though, the boss went from the most interesting to the most frustrating in a matter of minutes

My Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is already two weeks late, so I started playing La-Mulana again, this time on vita. I'm still impressed how it manages to be exactly what it wants to be. It's a "Ruins Exploration Archaeological action game" (as the developers call it), basically a Indiana Jones-metroidvania with environmental puzzles and really cryptic hints. Maybe this time I will finally finish it, and not get stuck on the end game puzzles.

Haven't ordered Bloodborne due to the framerate issues that have been reported in the gameplay tests... will wait for that to be fixed.

Anyway, DS2 is still worth going for and clearing (alongside with it's DLC) ;)

I didn't watch any gameplay videos for Bloodborne. Also didn't read anything about it. I didn't want to spoil it for me.

I won't actually drop DS2, I'll just put it on-hold for the time being. I also needed a short break from Souls.

I got The Last of Us for PS4 (digitally). Maybe I'll play this later today. :)

Played a bit of Ico and L.A. Noire with a friend.  The latter is definitely fun.

You didn't like Ico? Well, I did get a little frustrated with some of the puzzles due to how hard they were to figure out, but I loved the atmosphere of the game. It's heart-warming in its own way and it has brilliant designs and direction. I had decided to hold off on beating it until I bought the remastered PS3 version (it kinda sucks on a PS2 emulator), but I enjoyed it.

I didn't watch any gameplay videos for Bloodborne. Also didn't read anything about it. I didn't want to spoil it for me.

I won't actually drop DS2, I'll just put it on-hold for the time being. I also needed a short break from Souls.

I got The Last of Us for PS4 (digitally). Maybe I'll play this later today. :)

Only watched small stuff and read the pros/cons from some reviews and the framerate issues seem like a big deal (if it is like the Souls series) due to the need to fast reactions :(

I guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out

You didn't like Ico? Well, I did get a little frustrated with some of the puzzles due to how hard they were to figure out, but I loved the atmosphere of the game. It's heart-warming in its own way and it has brilliant designs and direction. I had decided to hold off on beating it until I bought the remastered PS3 version (it kinda sucks on a PS2 emulator), but I enjoyed it.

It was O.K. but L.A. Noire was definitely more fun to play with others.  Especially considering the jokes we make.  Its basically like do a "Let's Play" without the filming. 

Ended up going for Oreshika and Hotline Miami...

Only did 1 year in Oreshika but it feels like i'm gonna have my hands full for quite a long time with it (and sometimes feels a bit "stall" regarding progress... at least for now)

I hope your body is ready.  Get ready to be shot from offscreen multiple times.  I hope your "r" key can handle the stress  :P

Played a bit of Ico and L.A. Noire with a friend.  The latter is definitely fun.  

I pre-ordered L.A. Noire when it came out, and while the gameplay is solid, the story really started to bore me the further I got.  I ended up dropping it completely.  That's just me, though.  If you like detective games and GTA and Red Dead Redemption's firefight and cover systems, then this game is for you.  Just don't expect the story to be the equal of those two.

I pre-ordered L.A. Noire when it came out, and while the gameplay is solid, the story really started to bore me the further I got.  I ended up dropping it completely.  That's just me, though.  If you like detective games and GTA and Red Dead Redemption's firefight and cover systems, then this game is for you.  Just don't expect the story to be the equal of those two.

Finally finished Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus' storyline.

Okay. I admit defeat. Crimson Girls' Squad has the best story out of the four.

I lost it at Hanzo saying, "Homura, strive to become a Kagura."

HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ALL THE INTENSITY

Also, I found the 'Final Battle' segment great. It was kind of challenging, and a nice way to end the game.

It's fun to play with people and joke on.  Worth the $6 bucks for sure. 

I bought it for $65...

Unable to find "r" key in PSVita :) going to travel to Japan tomorrow and I guess i'll have something to do on the long long flight time >_> (until Vita battery dies at least)

Herp derp.  I keep forgetting that there's a Vita port.

Pro-tip: Tony mask is OP as hell.  Also, if you're looking to get an A+ ranking on every chapter, use Don Juan and try to get as many wall executions as possible.

I'm trying to get all of the achievements in Hotline Miami, and also replaying through Hotline Miami 2 on Hard Mode.  It makes me want to rage-quit so hard every level...

Gave up on Dota2 after getting an error that disconnected me in every game and didn't let me play for more than 2 or 3 seconds (shame is I really liked the game, but not even the support could help me with that error :()

Started The Elder Scrolls Online today thanks to a friend going crazy and buying it for me and four more friends. It's pretty fun.

Oh yeah, I need to get back into ESO myself. I was very interested in the plot, but I ended up having to cancel my subscription after my budget started tightening up a bit. I should be able to start it back up in May though. Amazing soundtrack, interesting plot, minimalistic interface, and very solid gameplay too.

Oh yeah, I need to get back into ESO myself. I was very interested in the plot, but I ended up having to cancel my subscription after my budget started tightening up a bit. I should be able to start it back up in May though. Amazing soundtrack, interesting plot, minimalistic interface, and very solid gameplay too.

Rance 7 is unexpectedly fun.

I didn't expect this.

I can't accept this.

Joking aside, it really is fun. The battles against Kenshin were especially so. Mars is such an awesome music piece... Uesugi is so strong... Ahhh.

And THAT aside, is it necessary to train up individual warriors as well as the unit? I've been doing it as a precaution, but I've yet to fight an enemy strong enough to take down the Sill and Rance super team (Suzume tags along too lol). That, and it seems like they'll gain skills or something from individual training.

Rance 7 has this charming thing about affection level affecting the unit's strength. It's totally awesome.

I love Rance's personality the most, though I don't approve of the H. I mean, in what game do you get the choice to glue a mustache on a suicidal kid before kicking them out? Akashi's a great unit and all, but it's the first time a game's given me a choice to royally screw myself over.