What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

I started Hearthstone, I still don't know if this was a good choice.

I'll direct you to nohman.  He's apparently played it for a while, and offered to let me practice against him, but I can't until my new processor gets here (seriously, our Mac desktop that has an i3 is performing better than my gaming desktop right now).  No reason you can't better understand the game, though.

I'll direct you to nohman.  He's apparently played it for a while, and offered to let me practice against him, but I can't until my new processor gets here (seriously, our Mac desktop that has an i3 is performing better than my gaming desktop right now).  No reason you can't better understand the game, though.

He already said something to me on the hearthstone thread, but thanks anyway zeno.

He already said something to me on the hearthstone thread, but thanks anyway zeno.

No problem!

By the way, it WAS my processor that was causing the issues.  After I switched it with my new one, cleaned out a little bit of dust that had settled since I last cleaned it out, hooked it back up and launched Blood Money, which had previously struggled to show the opening cinematic without serious FPS dips.  Works perfectly fine now!

No problem!

By the way, it WAS my processor that was causing the issues.  After I switched it with my new one, cleaned out a little bit of dust that had settled since I last cleaned it out, hooked it back up and launched Blood Money, which had previously struggled to show the opening cinematic without serious FPS dips.  Works perfectly fine now!

Did you use the warranty?

Did you use the warranty?

Nope, it didn't cover accidents or neglect, and upon closer inspection required that I keep the original packaging, which I didn't do.  I just bought another one, and 2-year accident insurance, with some money I have lying around.  I'll have to pay myself back, since it's technically money for school, but my mom doesn't have an issue with using it that way as long as I eventually repay the money to my account.  All the more reason to get a job.

Nope, it didn't cover accidents or neglect, and upon closer inspection required that I keep the original packaging, which I didn't do.  I just bought another one, and 2-year accident insurance, with some money I have lying around.  I'll have to pay myself back, since it's technically money for school, but my mom doesn't have an issue with using it that way as long as I eventually repay the money to my account.  All the more reason to get a job.

That's some bad luck, around here the warranty works differently, we only have to keep the original packaging for the first 2 weeks in which we can return the product, after that 2 week period we can use the 2-year obligatory warranty just with a proof of buy, no need for the original packaging.

That's some bad luck, around here the warranty works differently, we only have to keep the original packaging for the first 2 weeks in which we can return the product, after that 2 week period we can use the 2-year obligatory warranty just with a proof of buy, no need for the original packaging.

Yeah, I really should've looked more carefully at the warranty before I did anything.  Oh well, learning experience.  My God, though, my FPS in LoL is off the charts.  Never even went under 100 on max settings with AA turned on.  It was glorious.

No, but reading up on it leads me to think it is all kinds of bullshit. I'll finish this game, but not soon. Likely gonna drop it for a while. 

O.K. it's not as bad as it sounds but it's annoying as hell. Here's my strategy:

1. Grind in Magatsu Inaba until you're around level 78-80
  2. Beat That (Keep a decent amount of money since you don't need weapons for the next dungeon anyway)
  3. Run from every single battle in Hollow Forest (aside from bosses).  
  4. Use Physical to defeat all bosses until Marie
  5. Before Marie, do a fight, defeat all but one enemy and guard until almost all SP is restored.
  6. Use a branch, go to fox restore SP and save, go fight Marie. 

BTW what party are you using? 

O.K. it's not as bad as it sounds but it's annoying as hell. Here's my strategy:

1. Grind in Magatsu Inaba until you're around level 78-80
  2. Beat That (Keep a decent amount of money since you don't need weapons for the next dungeon anyway)
  3. Run from every single battle in Hollow Forest (aside from bosses).  
  4. Use Physical to defeat all bosses until Marie
  5. Before Marie, do a fight, defeat all but one enemy and guard until almost all SP is restored.
  6. Use a branch, go to fox restore SP and save, go fight Marie. 

BTW what party are you using? 

Believe me, I don't really need too many pointers. I've beaten vanilla Persona 4 twice now. And i will beat the game. Problem is, the end game is such a chore compared to the rest of the game. I'll likely play Akiba's Trip 2 or finish Danganronpa. 

I forgot how shitty the endgame for Persona 4 is. High SP use, no SP items, very limited time to work more on S. Links, and tedious boss battles. Not even boss battles that take skill. Just tedious. 

Well the SP in the endgame is supposed to be only healed by the fox and if you had enough money you should've bought some sp items at shirako, though I don't remember if they are always available or not. Also the S.links are supposed to be all complete or almost complete by the endgame, in new games +. I haven't done margeret but is she that tedious of a boss battle?

Were you playing the golden or the original version?

Golden

Well the SP in the endgame is supposed to be only healed by the fox and if you had enough money you should've bought some sp items at shirako, though I don't remember if they are always available or not. Also the S.links are supposed to be all complete or almost complete by the endgame, in new games +. I haven't done margeret but is she that tedious of a boss battle?

As far as I know, SP items can only be found. The SP doesn't bother me that much, it just makes grinding, which is already fairly tedious at this point in the game, that much more tedious. Still a good game, but I'm very tired of it. 

Also, Margret can only be fought when completing her social link, which is best to do on a second playthrough.  

Believe me, I don't really need too many pointers. I've beaten vanilla Persona 4 twice now. And i will beat the game. Problem is, the end game is such a chore compared to the rest of the game. I'll likely play Akiba's Trip 2 or finish Danganronpa. 

I know, just figured I'd give you some advice on that part since it's new and annoying.  Also, why haven't you beaten Dangan Ronpa yet?

I didn't see them in Golden.   She is definitely time consuming but not ridiculously hard if your prepared.