What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

I can't decide what to play... just bought a GTX 780 for my second machine and I've found I have nothing that I wanted to play sad.gif

Skyrim legendary edition with mods. You will not regret this. also watch dogs was a solid game if your cpu is up to it (poorly optimized for pc)

Oh and I play from time to time borderlands 2 with Japanese voices just to practice my Japanese. waiting for DA3 and TW3!

Skyrim legendary edition with mods. You will not regret this. also watch dogs was a solid game if your cpu is up to it (poorly optimized for pc)

Oh and I play from time to time borderlands 2 with Japanese voices just to practice my Japanese. waiting for DA3 and TW3!

If your GPU can handle it, I'd also recommend getting the official HD Textures Pack provided by Bethesda.  I have a GTX 770, and with all of my fans set on high, it runs without a stutter.  Solid FPS rate and everything.  Now, if only I could get SR3 to stop being so goddamn spazzy, I'd play it more often.

Ehhh...personally, I'd pass on Watch Dogs.  The whole game looked a little rushed compared to open world games like GTA and Red Dead Redemption.  The hacking mechanic is pretty cool, but Ubisoft missed the bar they set for themselves at E3 by a lot.  Even the reflections don't work right. 

T3leCeT.jpg

There's a lot of DLC costume packs, too, and a lot of forced stealth, which ends in automatic mission failure if you're detected.  Get the game if you want, but I wouldn't recommend supporting crappy business practices, like what Ubi did with the game.

If your GPU can handle it, I'd also recommend getting the official HD Textures Pack provided by Bethesda.  I have a GTX 770, and with all of my fans set on high, it runs without a stutter.  Solid FPS rate and everything.  Now, if only I could get SR3 to stop being so goddamn spazzy, I'd play it more often.

Ehhh...personally, I'd pass on Watch Dogs.  The whole game looked a little rushed compared to open world games like GTA and Red Dead Redemption.  The hacking mechanic is pretty cool, but Ubisoft missed the bar they set for themselves at E3 by a lot.  Even the reflections don't work right. 

T3leCeT.jpg

There's a lot of DLC costume packs, too, and a lot of forced stealth, which ends in automatic mission failure if you're detected.  Get the game if you want, but I wouldn't recommend supporting crappy business practices, like what Ubi did with the game.

The official HD pack comes with the legendary edition of skyrim, ain't it?

I did say CPU because he mention he as GTX 780 which is more than enough in the graphics department.

With all it's flaws, I did enjoy Watch Dogs. and it can fully use the 780 with the PC modification thats running around the Internet (bringing back graphics close to how they were in E3). they downgraded their graphics to (probably) accommodated for the console peasants... hopefully it would happen less the more consoles catch up with PCs.

As for the shady business practices, can't say I can defend them. Ubi with AC and EA with ME and DA are just holding my favorite franchisees as hostages. but they are who make them after all :/

except for the legendary Projekt RED, these guys are awesome.

The official HD pack comes with the legendary edition of skyrim, ain't it?

I did say CPU because he mention he as GTX 780 which is more than enough in the graphics department.

With all it's flaws, I did enjoy Watch Dogs. and it can fully use the 780 with the PC modification thats running around the Internet (bringing back graphics close to how they were in E3). they downgraded their graphics to (probably) accommodated for the console peasants... hopefully it would happen less the more consoles catch up with PCs.

As for the shady business practices, can't say I can defend them. Ubi with AC and EA with ME and DA are just holding my favorite franchisees as hostages. but they are who make them after all :/

except for the legendary Projekt RED, these guys are awesome.

Technically not.  It's completely free, but you have to manually download it no matter what version of Skyrim you buy.  Once you download it, you can never get rid of it (even if you completely uninstall the game and reinstall, it'll still be there), you can only disable it from running in the built-in mods manager.  Kinda weird, I know, but Steam counts it as DLC, not a mod, so that's why.

I'm not saying that it's a bad game, since I've never played it, I've just heard a lot a bad things about how much Ubi rushed and hyped it, and traditional Ubi crap like Uplay keeping people from playing it on launch day and the like.  The part that pissed me off is that the devs are insisting that the E3 graphics made the game unstable (even though the mod works perfectly, and actually removes some of the bugs, from what I've seen), and that they in no way intentionally downgraded the graphics for the PC to make all of the versions look similar.  Sources: Source 1, Source 2  I get that telling the truth would be bad for business, but then, so is fucking up the PC port for no good reason.  Still don't see how they thought they could get away with it.

Yeah, I know that feel.  Mass Effect 2 was one of the best games I've ever played...and then EA decided that they should have more say with what BioWare makes, and here comes Mass Effect 3, and multiplayer premium packs.  James Vega was the lamest character in the entire game, in my opinion.  DA:O was amazing, too.  Whoever runs EA needs to be gotten rid of; they're driving a company with so many great studios through the mud, and if they don't stop soon, they might lose any chance of recovering their image.

For anyone here who has played World of Warcraft and/or Wildstar which do you guys think i should renew sub on? In the mood for both just not sure which I want to spend a month on.

I played WoW for years and quit during throne of thunder heroics.  I also played the wildstar trial for a few days and just was unimpressed altogether.  If I had to make a choice I'd say WoW because the developers are more experienced and the expansion is coming out soon.

However if you are also looking for a new experience there is also Final Fantasy XIV:  A Realm Reborn, which just got it's 2.3 patch release.

I played WoW for years and quit during throne of thunder heroics.  I also played the wildstar trial for a few days and just was unimpressed altogether.  If I had to make a choice I'd say WoW because the developers are more experienced and the expansion is coming out soon.

However if you are also looking for a new experience there is also Final Fantasy XIV:  A Realm Reborn, which just got it's 2.3 patch release.

Is final fantasy XIV: Realm reborn good?

Fire Emblem Awakening, I just got it after watching a couple of videos on it, and I already know which person is gonna be Morgans mother, Nowi. The fire in me burns for some loli, and I refuse to let Donnel or Ricken have her. I'm glad that MU Robin has no boundaries at all, marrying even the women who could be his children

Is final fantasy XIV: Realm reborn good?

In my opinion, yes.  However it does have it's issues.  First of all if you're going to ever play it, I recommend researching which servers have the best community you want (PvE, PvP, random parties, etc etc.) because that can make or break your experience, especially now that new content is being released pretty quickly.

After that is the somewhat high learning curve for fights, as square enix has been making encounters in PvE with some rather unforgiving mechanics (instant-death if you screw up, instant raid wipe if you specifically screw up, etc etc) but it just feels fantastic to play through them all.

One such fight.  Recently as well is the new Savage mode raid where not even the developers have been able to beat it, as it's just....BRUTAL.

There is also the crafting and gathering in FFXIV that are fundamentally different than say, WoW.  There are crafting classes that all have their own specific types of crafts but there is also gear and specific stats tied to each one (for crafting there is Craftsmanship which increases the rate of completion on the craft, Control which increases how much quality is put onto the craft when you try to increase it's overall quality, and CP which is the resource pool a crafting class has to work with to use it's abilities).  For crafting there is the concept of "High Quality" items, as in you go through the craft and try to increase it's quality as much as possible (to a maximum of 100% chance to high quality the craft) and give it additional stats, effects etc (for weapons it would get more weapon/magic damage and an increase to it's base stats as well), but if you go through the entire craft and the Durability reaches Zero, the craft fails and you lose the materials you put into it.

And while it may cost a monthly subscription (just like every other decent MMO out there), you can effectively pay less per month if you do several months at a time (280 day subscription costs me $12 per 30 days in a one-time payment rather than dividing it up into several $15 payments every month.)

Apparently you get points for stripping people

Akiba%27s_Trip_2_combat_screenshot.jpg

akibas-trip-2-ss-1.jpg

Whoops, I meant to say, "Is it a pun on the name?", but forgot about the line after "Akiba's Trip"  lol

It seems like all you do in that game is strip vampires to expose their flesh to the sun.  Ah, Japan.  This is why I love you.  So strange.

I'd rather get Galgun, than this. The 3D and modeling in AS is tragic. Old Illusion games like Schoolmate or Homemate had way better graphics and animations. It's clear, the game has been made to be fully compatible with PSVita, and PS3 is just an addition, since it retains full compatibility; yet, it still boogles me, as it's a game meant to run on PS3. It's prolly the most wasted console on the market.

I haven't been playing that much as of late, mainly due to being quite busy with life, tho:

0001x2.png

Don't even ask.

Has anyone been waiting for this game? I might grab it on the 12th as an excuse to use my PS3 again.

Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed 

2537669-5712590149-akiba.jpg

akibas_trip_undead_and_undressed.jpg

Akibas-Trip-2-Collabos_10-23.jpg

I pre-ordered Akibas Trip 2 for Vita the moment it was available. It's the perfect kind of stupidity I like in some games. 

I pre-ordered Akibas Trip 2 for Vita the moment it was available. It's the perfect kind of stupidity I like in some games. 

Is the entire game about stripping the opposing character?  The gameplay synopsis I read mentioned "combat" but failed to elaborate much, only mentioned stripping being part of it.