ATRI -My Dear Moments- to be released on 2020-06-19

adamstan

41049.jpg

ATRI -My Dear Moments- , a VN developed by Frontwing and Makura is going to be released on Steam in a few days by ANIPLEX.EXE (whose site seems to be still inaccesible from EU :( )

Steam page

In the near future, a sudden and unexplained sea rise has left much of human civilization underwater.
Ikaruga Natsuki, a boy who lost his mother and his leg in an accident some years earlier, returns disillusioned from a harsh life in the big city to find his old countryside home half-swallowed by the sea.

Left without a family, all he has to his name is the ship and submarine left to him by his oceanologist grandmother, and her debts.

His only hope to restore the dreams for the future that he has lost is to take up an opportunity presented to him by the suspicious debt collector Catherine. They set sail to search the sunken ruins of his grandmother's laboratory in order to find a treasure rumor says she left there.

But what they find is not riches or jewels; it is a strange girl lying asleep in a coffin at the bottom of the sea.
Atri.

Atri is a robot, but her appearance and her wealth of emotions would fool anyone into think she's a living, breathing human being. In gratitude for being salvaged, she makes a declaration to Natsuki.

"I want to fulfill my master's final order. Until I do, I'll be your leg!"

In a little town slowly being enveloped by the ocean, an unforgettable summer is about to begin for this boy and this mysterious robot girl...

I'm really looking forward to it - it is written by Konno Asta, and directed by Yow, both of which were in charge of Konosora (If My Heart Had Wings). And there's a cute robot girl there :D

Also, it looks very nice, and the screenshots suggest that it will have multi-language feature, so if translation turns out to be wonky, there will be original text available :D

ss_2602274780cd3cee2e2a6995300cd720e7a77

The VN is all-ages originally, so at least there should be no bitching about censorship :P

Edited by adamstan

I'm very interested in this for the same reasons you are, but I have to say that I'm also somewhat averse to buying it, because Adabana, which will be released on the same day by the same publisher, is still geoblocked in Europe with, to my knowledge, no comments from ANIPLEX as to why. I wonder if it's futile optimism to hope that they'd unblock Adabana if the ATRI sales are good enough.

Since ANIPLEX refuse to comment on the fact that they region-lock Adabana Odd Tales in large parts of Europe I really don't feel like supporting them at all.

Here is the Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1094820/Adabana_Odd_Tales/

If they would at least acknowledge it, I probably wouldn't be as pissed off, but with them not saying anything...

When I first heard about the ANIPLEX titles, I was optimistic since we got a new VN Publisher and the titles sounded interesting, but now I am pissed off when ever these titles are mentioned and ANIPLEX ranks among the worst VN Publishers for me personally.

I would urge anyone to think twice about supporting ANIPLEX. If their method of region-blocking is successful (in that their games still sell despite it) I can see this happening more often in the future. (Since they probably paid less for the license in return.) And I honestly don't think the VN scenes needs any more problems.

Sorry to mention this in your thread when your excited about ATRI, but I needed to say this. I won't come complain about it here again.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

Well, in this case, even putting the matter of translation aside, we don't seem to have much choice, as ANIPLEX seems to be the only publisher for ATRI - it looks like there won't be separate JP-only release from devs directly.

Actually, it is all a bit weird, since Frontwing also publishes by their own on Steam.

10 minutes ago, adamstan said:

And then they'll be whining about piracy...

I won't feel the least bit bad about picking Adabana up from some torrent site instead, since that is literally the only way for me to play it. I'd buy it if I could, but they're kinda forcing my hand here.

1 hour ago, adamstan said:

Yup, and the price for ATRI is great - instabuy. But Adabana is still region-locked, unavailable for EU. And then they'll be whining about piracy...

are you going to start reading right now? If so, could you send me the save file of right after the OP? I've played the demo, but the save was not transferred to the main game, and when I tried skipping, the OP didn't play at all.

Since there's no Higurashi for me this week, although originally averse due to the whole geoblocking debacle, I ended up buying ATRI as soon as it was released and will devote this weekend to that and Persona 4 Golden.

I'm barely an hour into it so far, but my first impressions are excellent. The music, art and voice work are all nice, and the setting and premise for the story is pretty interesting. More than anything, there's something about the general ambience of the game that I can't quite put my finger on, but it's making me feel like this is going to be a great read.

Edited by Seraphim88

1 hour ago, Seraphim88 said:

Since there's no Higurashi for me this week, although originally averse due to the whole geoblocking debacle, I ended up buying ATRI as soon as it was released and will devote this weekend to that and Persona 4 Golden.

I'm barely an hour into it so far, but my first impressions are excellent. The music, art and voice work are all nice, and the setting and premise for the story is pretty interesting. More than anything, there's something about the general ambience of the game that I can't quite put my finger on, but it's making me feel like this is going to be a great read.

do you have the save file I need? :P

1 hour ago, Silvz said:

do you have the save file I need? :P

Well, I've made a save after the OP that I could share with you, but I have no idea where the saves are actually located. They don't seem to be in the Steam folder. I found three files (atri-mydearmoments-.cfu, data_anchor.ksd and savecheck) in AppData/Roaming/Aniplex/ATRI-MyDearMoments- but I'm not sure if that's it either. At the very least, I haven't been able to find any individual save files, but maybe they're all part of a single larger file.
Any idea where to go from here?

31 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:

Well, I've made a save after the OP that I could share with you, but I have no idea where the saves are actually located. They don't seem to be in the Steam folder. I found three files (atri-mydearmoments-.cfu, data_anchor.ksd and savecheck) in AppData/Roaming/Aniplex/ATRI-MyDearMoments- but I'm not sure if that's it either. At the very least, I haven't been able to find any individual save files, but maybe they're all part of a single larger file.
Any idea where to go from here?

Have you tried looking for the game files through steam? Mine is in portuguese, so I may not be able to tell you the exact words, but you have to right click the game, go on properties, local files (?) and click on the first option.

On one hand, I really want to support good visual novels and their developers. On the other, Aniplex is one of those companies I really don't want to have anything to do with. It's a tough nut to crack, especially considering it's the sort of a story I'm really in for.

35 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:

Well, I've uploaded those three files I found in AppData/Roaming/Aniplex/ATRI-MyDearMoments- to my Dropbox, since that seems to be the only folder containing a file with the word "save" in the title.
You can grab the zip here, put it in the same directory and see if it works.

didn't work :c

I've made a zip for all the smaller files in the game directory (Steam/steamapps/common/ATRI -My Dear Moments-), so you can try that then. The file's here.

If that doesn't work, I'm all out of ideas. There's a Frontwing folder in AppData too, but there's no Atri subfolder in there, just a bunch of other Frontwing games I own.

Yeah, I've checked there too without finding anything. I've tried the Steam directory, Documents, ProgramData, and AppData and its subfolders. Either it's in some other location that I don't know about, or it's stored under some obscure name with no mention of the developer, publisher or game title.