I cannot run several visual novels

Hello there.

I'm requesting your help. I'm trying to run several H VN, but none of them are launched (actually one worked, but the 4 others didn't).

My computer originally was in french and it is using Windows 10. I already updated my graphic cards. I already tried to change system locale to Japanese (Japan), formats to Japanese (Japan), run in Japanese (with and without admin) with Locale Emulator.

Among the 4 VN who don't work, I already deleted one of them, so I will talk about only 3 of them.
The first is a SigplusEngine.exe problem. When I launch it, nothing appears, but I can see the program running in background processes in tasks manager. I tried to make it appear in apps by right clicking on SigplusEngine.exe in tasks manager, then "Access to details" (I write in bracket when I'm unsure of the translation, in french it is "Accéder aux détails"), then right click on the highlighted detail, then "Access to services" ("Accéder aux services" in french) but I can't go further because no service is highlighted, in the last step I was supposed to right click on the emphasized service, then "Start" ("Démarrer" in french). I read this solution in a french forum.

The 2 last VN have the same issue, a KiriKiri issue. When I try to run it (admin or not) (keep in mind I changed my system locale and my formats to Japanese), I have this error message :

unknown.png

When I try to run it with Locale Emulator set in Japanese (admin or not), I have this error message :

unknown.png

I would appreciate any kind help, thanks in advance.

Your system settings sound right and at least one of the titles seems to work. But just looking at the super fancy file path in the error message, that first thing I'd try would be to install it directly in C:\Hajimete and not use any fancy special characters or spaces in the file path. I remember that Baku Ane pretty much refused to run any other way.

Edited by ChaosRaven

All Siglus engine games need to be cracked (yes, cracked) regardless of validity of purchase.  This is because of the built-in region-checking.  Fortunately, the basic alpha cracker works just fine (universal alpha cracker) to get around this.

As for the Kirikiri games... do you have Bitdefender?  At present, Bitdefender's advanced threat defense blocks apps that try to alter files outside of their own folder (this is just VNs) and won't tell you it is doing it.  The reason why this is relevant is that most Kirikiri games default to putting the save files in your documents folder, and whenever you save or change the settings, the files there are altered in a way Bitdefender detects heuristically as being a threat, meaning it stops the activity and causes errors.  I'm pretty sure a few other antiviruses do the same thing, so you need to make your game exe an exception in your antivirus to prevent this.

So Siglus engine need to be cracked even if you get it legally because of region checking? Well at least it answer the question on why both of Lamunation and Kirikoi need to be ported for official English release, although at the same time it raise the question on whether Sekai will port Rewrite or not.