Attack on Titan Final Season To Be Done By a Different Studio

mitchhamilton

For those who are a fan of the anime that's been going on for 7 years at this point, not continuously, you might be interested to know that the WIT studio responsible for the 3 seasons so far will not be returning to animate the final season of one of the greatest animes this generation.

Instead the project will be piloted by MAPPA who's responsible for Dororo, Yuri on Ice, Zombieland Saga and many more. Their quality has been pretty good which may calm those worried about previous examples of studio changes to animes that have only resulted in the product being worst such as One Punch Man, Date A-Live, and Highschool DxD. With the trailer being out now you can see for yourself the quality of the animation and judge for yourself but if that wasn't enough to give you relief let me just continue.

Manga writer Hajime Isayama who worked alongside WIT studio during its production of AOT is also working alongside MAPPA for the final season. And as an extra bonus, the original composer will be working along theirs for the music and this is the best news in my opinion since AOT's music is God Tier.

I still have my doubts for the quality, I mean, no matter what the final season is going to stick out like a sore thumb because of the obvious change in style and it's the last season but we'll see. I'll hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Also, for those who have seen Dororo, what do you think? Think Attack on Titan is in trustworthy hands? Leave a comment down below and don't forget to like and subscribe for........ 

Edited by mitchhamilton

11 hours ago, Silvz said:

Why do you think DXD is worst with Passione?

Because passione produced a subpar season (DxD Hero), while you may be able to bash TNK for the last season (BorN) and their decision to cut content from it plus the pacing being all over the place, passione did no better in their first attempt plus while more faithful to the LN the art style was also lost and downgraded.  Overall I don't think Passione did a good job, personally I would've gone with a different studio tbh. TNK was out because they couldn't shoulder it financially anymore either.

Edited by DarkZedge

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pardon me for joining in late.

I'm not excited about MAPPA, tbh. I'll admit I haven't watched that much of their anime, but I can say that Dororo only had one episode of quality animation (and the rest was just okay). I heard Zombieland Saga suffered from similar issues and that there were supposedly moments of cop-out CG animation.

They are capable of making quality animation, but not in the same capacity or consistency as WIT. It won't be a Madhouse -> JC Staff type of decline, but I'm almost positive that there will be a decline.

• 1 year later...
On 9/7/2020 at 8:42 PM, Kenshin_sama said:

Pardon me for joining in late.

I'm not excited about MAPPA, tbh. I'll admit I haven't watched that much of their anime, but I can say that Dororo only had one episode of quality animation (and the rest was just okay). I heard Zombieland Saga suffered from similar issues and that there were supposedly moments of cop-out CG animation.

They are capable of making quality animation, but not in the same capacity or consistency as WIT. It won't be a Madhouse -> JC Staff type of decline, but I'm almost positive that there will be a decline.

having seen part 1 of season 4, i can safely say the show is in great hands.

there is a bit of a downgrade in animation, in terms of some movements such as stiff characters standing and just talking and rotoscoping going on but overall, really solid. certainly not disappointed at all with mappa.