Great VNs playing in a drama club?

[Hun]Lepto

While playing through a certain route in Wagahigh, I got to the part where there was a drama play. Needless to say, even the amount that was actually shown from the entire play, it still moved me alot and made me realize I might like drama plays alot more than I thought. That's why I'm currently interested in some recommendations if you have any.

If you are asking for VNs where some characters are involved in a play, then Katahane. The whole Shirohane chapter is based on character preparing for a play, and some parts of it are shown at the very end of the game. While the play doesn't follow them completely, the actual events the play is based on are shown in Kurohane chapter... which, incidentally, also involves characters preparing for a play, but I don't think much of it is really shown.

On 2020. 05. 29. at 11:31 PM, Silvz said:

The second game of Flowers has a play - but you need to read the first before. The play is staged in the game, so you can read it with some nice CGs.

There are many Flowers games on VNDB if I just write Flowers, which one is it? Simply the one with Flowers as the title?

On 2020. 05. 29. at 11:50 PM, Dreamysyu said:

If you are asking for VNs where some characters are involved in a play, then Katahane. The whole Shirohane chapter is based on character preparing for a play, and some parts of it are shown at the very end of the game. While the play doesn't follow them completely, the actual events the play is based on are shown in Kurohane chapter... which, incidentally, also involves characters preparing for a play, but I don't think much of it is really shown.

Well, that's definitely close to what I was looking for, thanks for the recommendation. Although I had it in my wishlist, atleast this will increase my interest in it when I'm considering picking up another VN.

45 minutes ago, Silvz said:

https://vndb.org/v14267

This is the first one

https://vndb.org/v15395

This is the one with the play

Well, I'm not too interested in yuri itself, but I will add it to my wishlist incase I get interested in it. Just hope it isn't overly dramatic (not like I don't like drama itself, I just don't like it when it's basically everywhere).

2 hours ago, [Hun]Lepto said:

Well, I'm not too interested in yuri itself, but I will add it to my wishlist incase I get interested in it. Just hope it isn't overly dramatic (not like I don't like drama itself, I just don't like it when it's basically everywhere).

It's not.

6 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

I have some news for you, man...

I may have worded myself wrong with my last reply. I'm not hating it at all, I just don't like when that whole overly dramatic theme that even hetero romance stuff usually don't have is there. I'm not homophobic, it's just that when you look at some (only some) stuff with gay romance, their themes can differ from a normal romance. Of course I found many that don't put that aura around itselves, but I'm more cautious with it than normal romances. I mainly mentioned it with Flowers, because the cover art made me feel like it would try to be super serious and play that "forbidden romance" theme that has probably been played for a shitton of gay romances already (though Silvz mentioned that it's not like that, so my concern went away). I just don't want the characters to dramatize for 30 hours whether it's okay if they fall in love or not and have that as their main plot, not that I can't understand where it comes from, but still, don't make it the plot. Nowadays of course this is less relevant as the society is also opening up to gay people, so do the creators make their characters aswell open up alot easier.

Tl;dr: I don't care if the fact that they're gay is treated more as a side thing and the romance itself has more focus.

Edited by [Hun]Lepto