Saimin Yuugi translation project (New attempt started mid-december 2022 with new team)

HMfan

Translated up to the first choice in Rui route. To get around the space issue, I used a mildly obscure unicode character (U+00A0, or " ") that looks identical to a regular space. QLiE is fucking stupid.

I go back to uni tomorrow, but I'm definitely making good progress.

Edited by WJHB

Update:

Pulled the upstream changes and pushed my own. Ready to merge now.

As of now I'm done with chapter 4. I actually managed to contact the author about the portion I was having trouble with earlier and fixed that up. I don't want to bother him too much, though.

Unfortunately sex scenes are really annoying to translate for me, and I got my first taste of that finishing chapter 4. Octopus likes to use 溶ける in a euphemistic way, which I struggle to deal with.

I did and he said that Staffing owns the rights and I should talk to them about it (which I haven't done.) Might have been a bad idea in retrospect since I don't want to get DMCA'd, but since he's a freelancer I doubt he'd contact them about it.

Edited by WJHB

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I had translated a bunch of this game for my own reasons a long time ago. I’m pretty sure I have the translation files still on my hard drive somewhere. It was almost all of Keikas route and a little bit more of Maiyas (I started off the previously done stuff someone else did). I’ll post the scenario files I had later tonight or tomorrow.   

I also did a vast majority of 3つの催眠 but never finished it or even edited it (it has been years). I’ll post that too if I find it for anyone who cares.

Edited by Randomer
Added on the part about 3つの催眠

As promised: Here's the scenario files I had for SY. This was single-pass with no editing. I also didn't spend any time with word wrap. Commas work fine though as long as you repack it with arc_conv.exe's qlie option (I included arc_conx and a text file with the command to use). Feel free to use or not use as you want.

Warning: Arc_conv.exe (included below) will throw a virus warning with some AV systems. If you don't want that file or want to risk downloading this from some rando like me, use the second link that doesn't include it.

https://mega.nz/file/2DZVjQgY#ak7JPwNEwnD_A2v5CHlRKCPUWpPgMQRPge0yBKGWK0Y

arc_conv.exe throws a virus warning though. Here's a version of the above without it included if you don't trust it.

https://mega.nz/file/vSRyWDYQ#kjC3AfMpLNAotPL7LaC7DCVyrVYC1S9LRoPhB4qwOoI

And as I mentioned, here's the scenario.arc~ folder with all the .mjo and .sjs files in it for editing and repacking for three hypnotisms. I honestly forget how to use the included tools to repack all the stuff. I know it can be done as I did it in the past though! This too has no editing and probably no word wrap ( I don't remember). 

https://mega.nz/file/6LgmSKxa#SxHx9BtQ-oxGFcsBG2xcNC3nh3z6ChlipEDDYEuu4fQ

Edited by Randomer
Added version without arc_conv

From a cursory glance it looks like this will require a lot of editing (I saw a translation error on the 4th line of Keika's route and a typo on the 5th,) but everything is much appreciated. I was kind of dreading working on Keika's route because I'm not as good with casual dialogue so this is a big help.

On 2/12/2023 at 9:11 AM, Randomer said:

As promised: Here's the scenario files I had for SY. This was single-pass with no editing. I also didn't spend any time with word wrap. Commas work fine though as long as you repack it with arc_conv.exe's qlie option (I included arc_conx and a text file with the command to use). Feel free to use or not use as you want.

Warning: Arc_conv.exe (included below) will throw a virus warning with some AV systems. If you don't want that file or want to risk downloading this from some rando like me, use the second link that doesn't include it.

https://mega.nz/file/2DZVjQgY#ak7JPwNEwnD_A2v5CHlRKCPUWpPgMQRPge0yBKGWK0Y

arc_conv.exe throws a virus warning though. Here's a version of the above without it included if you don't trust it.

https://mega.nz/file/vSRyWDYQ#kjC3AfMpLNAotPL7LaC7DCVyrVYC1S9LRoPhB4qwOoI

And as I mentioned, here's the scenario.arc~ folder with all the .mjo and .sjs files in it for editing and repacking for three hypnotisms. I honestly forget how to use the included tools to repack all the stuff. I know it can be done as I did it in the past though! This too has no editing and probably no word wrap ( I don't remember). 

https://mega.nz/file/6LgmSKxa#SxHx9BtQ-oxGFcsBG2xcNC3nh3z6ChlipEDDYEuu4fQ

may i know a bit more detail on how to make this file work? i tried to run it but it seems i forgot to set some stuff up

15 hours ago, WJHB said:

From a cursory glance it looks like this will require a lot of editing (I saw a translation error on the 4th line of Keika's route and a typo on the 5th,) but everything is much appreciated. I was kind of dreading working on Keika's route because I'm not as good with casual dialogue so this is a big help.

Yep, stupid mistake where it’s Keikas eyes sparkling in anticipation not Yanagis. I’m sure there are lots of other dumb mistakes like that throughout. I also loaded it up for the first time in a long time and noticed I used [ and ] in the text in a couple places that crashes the game that have to be removed (in the rooftop scene with the swimsuit and one other place).

Maybe I’ll do some more of Keika and the after story and post that. 

Infernoblood - you need to use arc_conv.exe with the text file command I included. You need to run it on the base folder (so scenario folder AND the key file are inside the folder you are running it on) to recreate data6.pack. Warning though / it will crash in the rooftop scene because of the [ issue I mentioned above. 

On 2/13/2023 at 8:53 PM, Randomer said:

Yep, stupid mistake where it’s Keikas eyes sparkling in anticipation not Yanagis. I’m sure there are lots of other dumb mistakes like that throughout. I also loaded it up for the first time in a long time and noticed I used [ and ] in the text in a couple places that crashes the game that have to be removed (in the rooftop scene with the swimsuit and one other place).

Maybe I’ll do some more of Keika and the after story and post that. 

Infernoblood - you need to use arc_conv.exe with the text file command I included. You need to run it on the base folder (so scenario folder AND the key file are inside the folder you are running it on) to recreate data6.pack. Warning though / it will crash in the rooftop scene because of the [ issue I mentioned above. 

i ran the arc and open the file text from there but it didnt do anything. 

4 hours ago, Infernoblood said:

i ran the arc and open the file text from there but it didnt do anything. 

how did you do it, it worked for me try this, this what i did:
cut all content from data6.pack folder to main directory
in cmd ran cd "your folder directory here"
then simply used the same command on the gitgud.

i havent tested the game yet but doing that i got an output.pack which i renamed to data6.pack

11 hours ago, Mega The Game Dev said:

how did you do it, it worked for me try this, this what i did:
cut all content from data6.pack folder to main directory
in cmd ran cd "your folder directory here"
then simply used the same command on the gitgud.

i havent tested the game yet but doing that i got an output.pack which i renamed to data6.pack

waht command if i may know? i look at the gitgud and only find the datapack5 thing

edit: ok i tried to run the command at gitgud but it said 'arc_conv.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command which i assume because i didnt put it on rool folder. where is the root folder exactly?

edit 2: it give me output.pack but only 1kb which i assume i did something wrong.  is there something wrong that i did?

Edited by Infernoblood

10 hours ago, Infernoblood said:

waht command if i may know? i look at the gitgud and only find the datapack5 thing

edit: ok i tried to run the command at gitgud but it said 'arc_conv.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command which i assume because i didnt put it on rool folder. where is the root folder exactly?

edit 2: it give me output.pack but only 1kb which i assume i did something wrong.  is there something wrong that i did?

well as i said i havent tested it when i did it, it also gave me 1kb output 

Alright. I've finally returned. Apologies for the lack of updates. The beginning of my semester coincided with me starting one of the longest scenes in the main routes, but I've FINALLY finished it. One of the best scenes in Rui's whole route, honestly. I did some editing myself, but as always, if you notice any issues, don't hesitate to let me know.

In addition to pushing my changes to my fork of the repository, I've packed the current patch myself, with all my changes as well as HMFan's. It doesn't include Randomer's work on Keika's route yet, since I figured that should be edited first. You can find the patch here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a3irdhvHpJbu75BD3EnkwRYXq03jetV1/view?usp=share_link

The final patch won't require you to pack it yourself, so don't worry if you can't figure out arc_conv. The file I linked goes into the 催眠遊戯\GameData directory. No need to overwrite anything.

Edited by WJHB

Hiya, aforementioned WaifusAndSyrup here!

I've gone up to Keika's 2nd hypnosis scene and done the following:
-Removed brackets when characters speak to match the current translation style
-Made sure the words didn't get cut off by textbox
-A few typo fixes and discretion for oddly phrased translations

I haven't touched the commas save for right after the initial choice as I'm waiting on something before I start that, and Keika's bad end for the 2nd hypnosis scene was left alone because the text started to get wonky in the editor for some reason. Keep in mind that my discretion edits are based on the context of the translation I've received, as my understanding of Japanese is at the most basic of basics. I also haven't double checked my work as of yet, but I shall when I wake up tomorrow.

I'm hoping to get the wonky text issue figured out and commas done tomorrow before starting on the next scene.

I went over my work up to the second Keika hypnosis scene again.

-Changed the commas
-Fixed more words being cut-off as a result of changed commas
-Finally edited the first bad end

I'm pretty sure all that's left is preference choices for the translation so I'm now going to move on to other scenes.

Edited by WaifusAndSyrup

I finished the next 3 hypnosis scenes. There are some issues that I cannot resolve on my own and will be leaving behind.

04kei_040.s: The game crashes if I delete the brackets on line 1930. Couldn't find a solution.

04kei_050.s: Some untranslated Japanese text was left. I think it's already translated and just didn't get deleted, but I am uncertain.

04kei_060a.s: Untranslated Japanese text. This has a voice line, so it's for sure left behind. I could have guessed what they are saying, but I decided not to.

I think I can finish all of the "04kei" scripts before the weekend ends.

(Edit) In regards to the game crashing, it happened two other times after. The cause is when a character "speaks" using only exclamation marks and no other words. Two crashes were from someone saying "!!" and one more from a character saying "!!!"

Edited by WaifusAndSyrup

I've gone through everything except for one scene. I will finish the first go through of Keika's translated stuff tomorrow, then take a break before reviewing it all.

All brackets removed, commas replaced, word wrapping and small edits will have been done to everything we've got for Keika.

Edited by WaifusAndSyrup