Saimin Yuugi translation project (New attempt started mid-december 2022 with new team)

HMfan

It took a year from the start for the first major update that we could play publicly, so I'm not too worried about the project just yet. Good luck to HMFan and the others, and hopefully progress and generally everything is going fine.

Edited by AlterDim
Forgot to add the word 'play' between 'could' and 'publicly'.

• 1 month later...

Very good, I hope all is well. Do you think you could help me please? I'm starting to consider making patches in Spanish for this game but I dont know how to modify the .pack files, I hope it's not a bother and I can help, thank you very much for reading ❤️

Edited by Chikk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 9:39 AM, UnderArchivist said:

Well, if anyone knows how to edit these game files, message me and I'll pass it off to someone who does quick and dirty TLs so at least the game can be archived in English.

is it possible to put the tl at vnr comment function?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've gotten to the point where I can extract the original files with GARbro but I can't extract the patched one that HMFan made. If anyone else wants to give it a shot, here is the extracted scenario files for Yuugi.

Did some extra digging and found that you can indeed repackage the files with arc_conv

Edited by guy6359
Added extra info

I'll just go ahead and get started on Rui's route then. I noticed QLiE doesn't play nice with commas (also that it's whitespace agnostic which is painfully retarded for a VN scripting engine imo,) and that HMFan got around it by using the Japanese comma instead. I think that looks bad so I went with "," which looks a lot nicer. I can't unpack HMFan's patch with GarBRO myself, but the scripts are in the file in plaintext, so I could still extract and edit them.

As an aside: Jesus Christ are sex scenes annoying to translate. I don't know how to make 悶える not sound stupid when Octopus uses it every three lines.

7 hours ago, WJHB said:

I'll just go ahead and get started on Rui's route then. I noticed QLiE doesn't play nice with commas (also that it's whitespace agnostic which is painfully retarded for a VN scripting engine imo,) and that HMFan got around it by using the Japanese comma instead. I think that looks bad so I went with "," which looks a lot nicer. I can't unpack HMFan's patch with GarBRO myself, but the scripts are in the file in plaintext, so I could still extract and edit them.

As an aside: Jesus Christ are sex scenes annoying to translate. I don't know how to make 悶える not sound stupid when Octopus uses it every three lines.

Well hey thanks for helping out!

I went on and made a git repo to keep this collaborative instead of hoping someone posts a link that could die.

https://gitgud.io/LainIwakura/saimin-yuugi-translation

Next step is figuring how to repackage files

Edited by guy6359

1 hour ago, Sisulizer said:

Here are the scripts and choices after filter out, maybe I can help with the hacking since I have the tools to deal qlie engine
Here is how you translate the script:

○00000001○「よお、若旦那」
●00000001●「This is an example」

Would it be beneficial to keep the script files and the text files in the git repo or just keep working directly in the .s files? I've never done this before and I'd rather everything be kept accessible for everyone so the project doesn't die again

I guess I'll copy my changes to those scripts as well.

Also, I've never used git on Windows before, only Linux. I set it to commit CRLF as CRLF instead of converting to LF, since I assume this isn't a cross-platform project. Is that the right option?

6 hours ago, WJHB said:

I guess I'll copy my changes to those scripts as well.

Also, I've never used git on Windows before, only Linux. I set it to commit CRLF as CRLF instead of converting to LF, since I assume this isn't a cross-platform project. Is that the right option?

Yeah please keep it CRLF as this was a windows based game

Another thing to remind is the choice doesn't accept space, so you have to translate the choices like this: This_is_an_example_sentence.
Or another solution is to replace the normal space with Japanese space, modify the Lune.ttf by switching the place of normal space with Japanese space

Edited by Sisulizer