Brief video explaining the different ____ge terms related to Visual Novels

Technically, Galge refers to male-oriented VNs with no erotic content (essentially console-only male-oriented VNs)... Hoshizora no Memoria is a nakige.  Grisaia is a hybrid plotge/charage so it really isn't a good example for that part.  Straight-out moege aren't even made anymore.

1 hour ago, GXOALMD said:

The 07th expansion games don't work as counter examples due to the fact that he specifies "cute" girls.  I can't speak to chaos head as I don't know enough about it.

I know, and I even mentioned that Higuirashi does fit his definition in my post (I still don't think Umineko does), but then, is this even a correct definition? Because I thought that this term generally means the classic route system: there's a male protagonist and several female romance options, and each of them has a separate route. Though, I guess, indeed, this doesn't really make sense in the context of this thread. I guess I'll just delete that part of my post.

22 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

I know, and I even mentioned that Higuirashi does fit his definition in my post (I still don't think Umineko does), but then, is this even a correct definition? Because I thought that this term generally means the classic route system: there's a male protagonist and several female romance options, and each of them has a separate route. Though, I guess, indeed, this doesn't really make sense in the context of this thread. I guess I'll just delete that part of my post.

You're reading too far into what I wrote; my comment was just meant as a shot at the writer because his cast is too insufferable to be considered cute.

2 minutes ago, GXOALMD said:

You're reading too far into what I wrote; my comment was just meant as a shot at the writer because his cast is too insufferable to be considered cute.

Ooops, I guess, I just didn't understand your post, lol. But whatever. It wasn't very fitting counterexample to begin with.