[EVER17] Need softwares to pack and unpack EVER17 scripts.

Hi, I need a software that could help me unpack and then repack EVER17 scripts files ("script.dat") so I can translate the game in my mother tongue. The script files extension is ".scr".

Edited by test
title edited

1 hour ago, test said:

Hi, I need a software that could help me unpack and then repack EVER17 scripts files ("script.dat") so I can translate the game in my mother tongue. The script files extension is ".scr".

i dont know such as the tool for to do it, but some ppl says as hacking on the engine of the game, so you need to understand how and maybe someone already did it.

3 hours ago, MDruidd said:

i dont know such as the tool for to do it, but some ppl says as hacking on the engine of the game, so you need to understand how and maybe someone already did it.

Thanks, I did research before to see if public programs did exist that could do it for me but I foudn nothing. About hacking the engine I don't know how to do it so is there a place where I can learn how to do it?

39 minutes ago, test said:

Thanks, I did research before to see if public programs did exist that could do it for me but I foudn nothing. About hacking the engine I don't know how to do it so is there a place where I can learn how to do it?

some ppl here have knowgle about it, but maybe just not appear. There so much way to learn that, but normally doing  self-taught and research so deep.
but try the post from fuwa here, reading some ppl post and maybe PM them, or maybe you can asking them to do it together.

1 hour ago, MDruidd said:

some ppl here have knowgle about it, but maybe just not appear. There so much way to learn that, but normally doing  self-taught and research so deep.
but try the post from fuwa here, reading some ppl post and maybe PM them, or maybe you can asking them to do it together.

I must thank you, I did enormous progress with your help, to be honest at the moment I'm writing this I did not read the whole fuwa post you send me but I remembered some ppl do hex editing so I donwloaded one, made a backup of the script file and edited it and voila! I did changed a dialog! I have a screenshot for you with an edited text (In this screenshot I just edited a menu text by editing the .exe of the game, my in-game screenshot is lost idk why..)

[Screenshot]

But I still have problems :

If I have only the HEX solution :

-Editing text using hex editor is hard for me since if my translated string is too long comparing the english string idk how I can do it.

-My language has accents that glitch the game

Else, if possible, I want to just unpack the file and edit them as txt files and then repack them!

EDIT : I can explore "script.dat" and extract the files with GARbro, but idk why even as an admin of my PC I can't re-insert the files into the "script.dat" main file.

Edited by test
Updated image link

1 hour ago, test said:

I must thank you, I did enormous progress with your help, to be honest at the moment I'm writing this I did not read the whole fuwa post you send me but I remembered some ppl do hex editing so I donwloaded one, made a backup of the script file and edited it and voila! I did changed a dialog! I have a screenshot for you with an edited text (In this screenshot I just edited a menu text by editing the .exe of the game, my in-game screenshot is lost idk why..)

[Screenshot]

But I still have problems :

If I have only the HEX solution :

-Editing text using hex editor is hard for me since if my translated string is too long comparing the english string idk how I can do it.

-My language has accents that glitch the game

Else, if possible, I want to just unpack the file and edit them as txt files and then repack them!

EDIT : I can explore "script.dat" and extract the files with GARbro, but idk why even as an admin of my PC I can't re-insert the files into the "script.dat" main file.

thats glad, im happy if you share for me too hehe.
yes the hack type can make that to txt file because you can fully editing the script.

how about find extract toole other GAR, or maybe need something to use that tool to extract a file?

1 hour ago, MDruidd said:

thats glad, im happy if you share for me too hehe.
yes the hack type can make that to txt file because you can fully editing the script.

how about find extract toole other GAR, or maybe need something to use that tool to extract a file?

If you want to do like me download a HEX editor (I used HxD) open the file ("script.dat" for example or "script.arc" or unpack them with a tool / extract the dialog files with garbro if the main script file is encrypted) with the HEX editor and scroll until you find the dialogs and then you can edit them!

Example : [Screenshot]

22 minutes ago, test said:

If you want to do like me download a HEX editor (I used HxD) open the file ("script.dat" for example or "script.arc" or unpack them with a tool / extract the dialog files with garbro if the main script file is encrypted) with the HEX editor and scroll until you find the dialogs and then you can edit them!

Example : [Screenshot]

ok thanks for sharing, ill try vn with short time maybe

9 hours ago, uyjulian said:

Use AnimED E17 SCR tool.

I found it but how do I compile the program / run it? (If someone know how to compile a tool with his source code I'm still interested)

Found it (the .exe) thank you so much!

Edited by test

@uyjulian

[Screenshot]

I managed to compile an modified scr file by inserting modified chunks of the original file but I see there is an "export as txt" option.. Do you know how to import txt after the txt transltation is done? It's way simplier than recompiling modified chunks..

Edited by test

2 hours ago, test said:

@uyjulian

[Screenshot]

I managed to compile an modified scr file by inserting modified chunks of the original file but I see there is an "export as txt" option.. Do you know how to import txt after the txt transltation is done? It's way simplier than recompiling modified chunks..

wow nice work, maybe ill try it since HEX not usable on other title haha @test
and thanks for sharing @uyjulian

Edited by MDruidd

@MDruidd If you are interested :         [Original post]

Spoiler

Ever17 Verified

Spoiler
bg.dat : Background images and CG events

Will extract .cps files. You can turn them into png or bmp thanks to AnimED's Image tool

bgm.dat : background music
Will extract .waf files. You can turn them into .wav thanks to AnimED's Audio tool
Use batch conversion and chose the file in which the .waf files are.

chara.dat : sprites

resume.dat : ???

saver.dat : screen savers (.scr files)

script.dat : .scr script files. NOT SCREEN SAVERS
Use the E17 SCR Tool if you want to mess with it. It's fairly easy to use.

Spoiler

Make separate directory for each .scr file (not required, but strongly recommended)

Open .scr file via E17 SCR tool and press "Export chunks" button. Repeat for each .scr file

You'll get bunch of xxxx.scr_chunk_xxx files, which are now can be easely edited via HEX editor. The 0x01 opcode is used for word wrapping.

After saving results of your work, open .scr file which lies along with chunks and (if "Automatically import on loading" option is enabled) you'll get xxxx.scr_compiled with freshly edited strings (if autoimport is not enabled, just hit "Import chunks").

"Save copy into directory" does exactly that - when compilation is finished, it copies xxxx.scr_compiled into entered path and renames file into xxxx.scr. Once you'll recompile all edited scripts, you can combine them into new script.dat.

"Compile from list" is a batch compilation mode, which requires two conditions:
a) All scr files must be placed into their own subdirectories. For example: op00\op00.scr, sa01\sa01.scr, etc.
B) The list must contain directory names ONLY, which names must match with corresponding .scr files.

Thanks a lot dsp2003 once more