Leaf pulled all their stuff from DMM. Are they trying to “go clean?”

tahu157

I went on DMM last night to see if there were any particularly good deals on Leaf VNs for golden week only to find that they had pulled their entire catalog except for White Album 2. I thought maybe it was just expired licensing or something but then I went on Leaf’s website and their “games” section only lists White Album 2 and ToHeart 2.

No mention of the missing games on Twitter or their website announcements. Do you think they’re trying to distance themselves from their eroge past? Kinda seems that way to me.

It kind of looks like they are just abandoning sales of ero versions.  The Aquaplus games are now sold separately (except the ero versions, which are listed as permanently out of print) under the Aquaplus name only.

Edit: To clarify, all the old versions are still listed on the site, but solely as out-of-print and no longer sold.  I looked at other download sites, and it looks like the listings are gone there too.

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite surprising I guess since looks like they've been avoiding PC release for Tears to Tiara 2 and Utawarerumono sequel duology, although at least they manage to have the latter released in Steam back at January thanks to ShiraVN effort. Either way I hope that Leaf would willingly released their future products on Steam as well, not only at console. By the way I didn't mind that Leaf didn't produce 18+ VNs anymore, seeing that we have KEY who also been the same way.