Yukikoi Melt, a moege from Frontwing, has been released on Steam.

adamstan

Do they mention anywhere in the game that there's a patch to restore the cut content? Because there's nothing on the Steam page and no official posts about it in the forums. I can imagine how disappointed someone would be if they bought this for 22,49€ and played through those 12% of the story without realizing there's a restoration patch.

1 hour ago, Seraphim88 said:

Do they mention anywhere in the game that there's a patch to restore the cut content? Because there's nothing on the Steam page and no official posts about it in the forums. I can imagine how disappointed someone would be if they bought this for 22,49€ and played through those 12% of the story without realizing there's a restoration patch.

From what I recall, previous games released by Frontwing in a similar fashion mentioned nothing. Though pretty much all Steam reviews did.

1 hour ago, Silvz said:

I'm a little skeptical about this one because I've just tried Momoiro Closet and couldn't get past the first two hours of the game. And being that my first Frontwing game, it gave me a bad impression about the company

Its not like Momoiro closet..

It follows similar route pattern as your typical Moege/charage... lets say any Yuzusft VN or Grisaisa series   

Common route -> Heroines routes

Its full of Perverted comedy like Sankaku and all the girls are great even side heroines... Lot of H content too.. 6-7 H scenes per heroine 

On 2.05.2020 at 3:14 PM, Wildbreed said:

Lot of H content too.. 6-7 H scenes per heroine

Whoa, that's definitely a lot :o Perhaps a bit too much for me. I'd say such amount is close to the straight-up nukige territory. I was hoping that maybe Steam version would be done NekoNyansoft's way - they make the best non-H versions - but that's not the case. So I think I'll pass on it for now.

This is just another case that proves visual novels don't belong on Steam at all and the reason I will no longer buy any visual novel off of Steam.

Also the cut content is the prologue, common route and 3 character routes, you jump straight into Himeguri Taruhi route.  This is worse censorship then If My Heart Had Wings or any MoeNovel title.

Edited by Shaun

1 hour ago, adamstan said:

Whoa, that's definitely a lot :o Perhaps a bit too much for me. I'd say such amount is close to the straight-up nukige territory. I was hoping that maybe Steam version would be done NekoNyansoft's way - they make the best non-H versions - but that's not the case. So I think I'll pass on it for now.

A lot of Frontwing’s "older" games are like that. Pure Girl and Innocent Girl are the same. Tons of goofy humor and lots of H. It was kind of their thing before. Jibril also has lots of H if I remember correctly. That’s always been the rage in Japan, after all, which used to be their only big audience. 

Only after they made their western branch did they start moving towards all-ages/ "optional" H content. 

1 hour ago, Jardic47 said:

Frontwing does make some good VNs, but this game is painful for me to read. I thought I was reading something from Sekai or something, but it doesn't have Sekai's bad quality. Good thing i haven't paid money for this game. 

How is something this good painful for you to read? It makes no sense, it's a fantastic visual novel imho.

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

How is something this good painful for you to read? It makes no sense, it's a fantastic visual novel imho.

It just depends on the writer. What is good to you may not be so with me. I felt like it said a few things and never went back to them. I don't know, maybe i wasn't reading in while i was in the mood for them or something.

That's an interesting way to avoid the censorship I guess, with Frontwing (FW) did cut the common route and all. Although actually it's not exactly their first time to cut the majority of the content for Steam version though, in that the first time they did this was back at Subahibi. As for my opinion, I'll just pass for this and waiting for Hatsumira, if only because Hatsumira was more interesting if we look at the premise (For the reminder, FW did mention at their Reddit AMA that they'll release both of this VN and Hatsumira). I like the opening song though, which is quite fitting seeing that it's quite chilling and the setting is in the winter.

Edited by littleshogun

On 5/12/2020 at 2:34 AM, Silvz said:

> moege

> bad

I don't see the contradiction

Neither do I. At most a vast majority of moeges are mediocre but they are never bad. Its like saying a cake isn't tasty. There may be cheap quality cakes out there but rarely it happens, that they taste shitty. It also depends on the mood/liking/niche of the reader. Someone who wants heavy plot with a moral policing message that would shock the readers with reality of this world and the nuances and hypocrisy of mankind should just go read some darkge or something.