Need help changing game files for visual novels?

BenjaminLucas

Before I say anything, I just want to apologize if I posted in the wrong forum or if this discussion has been brought up before; I just created this account to ask this question.

Anyways, a few months ago I bought the Sekai Humble Bundle, and I got Saku Saku in it. I prefer games that are patched, but Saku Saku doesn't have any for the Steam version. I've read sometime ago where you can literally move an  omegle discord xender R18 version of a visual novel to the Steam Folder of the game, and you can play the game with Steam, albeit it may disable achievements and the chance to get Steam trading cards. Can anybody link me a guide or tell me how?

I'm doing this for a small and picky reason: because I just want Steam to recognize that I'm not in a "Non-Steam Game" (picture below for reference).
Thanks for reading!

Edited by BenjaminLucas

Well, I think it should be allowed by the local rules if you purchase both copies of the game...

Just do this:

1. Buy the 18+ version of the game and install it.

2. Open your Steam library. Install the game if it isn't installed.

3. Right click on the game in your Steam library. Choose manage->Browse files. This makes the Steam game folder open.

4. Make a backup copy of the exe. file in the folder you've opened. You may make the backup of the whole folder if you don't want to reinstall the whole game if nothing woks.

5. Find the folder where you installed the 18+ version of the game. Open the game folder, and copy ALL files and folders inside of it into the your Steam version game folder (the one that you opened in 3). Choose to replace all the files that have the same names, there should be a lot of them.

6. Try to start the Steam copy of the game. If everything works okay, then you've finished. Just uninstall the 18+ copy of the game, you don't need it anymore.

7. If it doesn't work, try copying the name of the game's exe. file, then delete the file and rename the backup file from 4 to match the name.

If it still doesn't work, then it probably just doesn't work this way. Just reinstall the Steam copy if you want to make it work again.

• 2 months later...

I bought the Sekai Humble Bundle, and I got Saku Saku in it. I prefer games that are patched, but Saku Saku doesn't have any for the Steam version. I've read sometime ago where you can literally move an R18 version of a visual novel to the Steam Folder of the game, and you can play the game with Steam, albeit it may disable achievements and the chance to get Steam trading cards. Can anybody link me a guide or tell me how?