`

SomethingFunny31

White Album 2 Closing chapter has someone like that (I dont like him very much), but idk how the translation for that is doing. It's probably not 100% done.

Steins;gate 0, but you have to read Steins;gate first (actually, just read Steins;gate, regardless of what you want :sacchan:)

Symphonic rain is a little bit of a stretch, because the protagonist doesn't really have a reason to be depressed (and he isn't really), but he's just very melancholic by default. The whole VN has an overall very melancholic atmosphere, maybe you'll like that

Edited by Zidan209

The best I can offer for you is World End Syndrome.  While it's not exactly depression and is barely brought up in universe, the protagonist's lack of interest in the world and himself is probably largely along the lines of what you're looking for. https://vndb.org/v22181

As substantially less fitting options, there's also these:

Killer Queen's protagonist suffers from symptoms of depression, though iirc that's one of the few aspects of the novel that was done poorly. https://vndb.org/v105

Angels Of Death's protagonist suffers from depression, though iirc that's one of very many aspects of the novel that was done poorly. https://store.steampowered.com/app/537110/Angels_of_Death/

Well, Ame no Marginal kind of fits, perhaps? At least, the male protagonist is suicidal, and Rin also has some clear mental issues (not sure if she's actually depressed though).

I guess there's also the very beginning of Memory's Dogma where the MC is suicidal after death of his lover, but it quickly gets forgotten (and the novel is quite a trash that tries to copy the Sci;Adv series, so I wouldn't really recommend it to begin with).

9 minutes ago, GXOALMD said:

Angels Of Death's protagonist suffers from depression, though iirc that's one of very many aspects of the novel that was done poorly. https://store.steampowered.com/app/537110/Angels_of_Death/

Is this really a visual novel though? I haven't played it, but RPG Maker games of this kind are typically closer to classical adventure games. Admittedly, some of them may have little to no gameplay other than just walking, so they may be pretty similar.

51 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Is this really a visual novel though? I haven't played it, but RPG Maker games of this kind are typically closer to classical adventure games. Admittedly, some of them may have little to no gameplay other than just walking, so they may be pretty similar.

It's borderline.  It definitely has less gameplay than most RPG Maker horror games I've played.  Though it's been quite a while, iirc it has a comparable amount of gameplay to most of Uri's trash games.

These stand out for me.  Hapymaher, Tokyo Babel, and Sakura no Mori Dreamers

Here are some untranslated... maybe they'll get translations eventually.

Konata yori Kanata made

Houkago no Futekikakusha

Heliotrope Sore wa Shi ni Itaru Kami no Ai (Heliotrope - That is the Love of God that Leads to Death)

Kanojo wa Tenshi de Imouto de

Sakura, Moyu

Soukou Akki Muramasa

Yurikago yori Tenshi Made

On 4/23/2020 at 7:51 PM, Dreamysyu said:

Well, from what I recall from The Crooked Man let's play I watched about 6 or 7 years ago, it as still pretty much an adventure game. But I digress.

Probably ought to add that World End Syndrome has the most gameplay of my three suggestions, so if gameplay is an issue then it ought to be avoided as well.

I've been looking for the same thing for years now. There are some good recommendations here, and some games which I didn't know much about if anything.

I didn't remember that the guy from Killer Queen was depressed...

The protagonist from Leaves has some sort of existential angst. I don't really recommend Leaves though, it's average at best, and it is not only short but a kinetic novel.

I sort of liked it but it's nothing special.

The MC from Asphyxia (yuri, OELVN) is depressed too.

Maaaaybe Air Pressure (OELVN)?

Edited by supercar