Craving some new VNs

Craftiee

Here we go with a dandy recommendation request,

Hello everyone, i've been diving deep for some new VNs to read, so i figured to ask some of the pros. In terms of what i'm looking for, i enjoy shorter reads but can go up to 25-30 hours, longer than that and I usually lose interest. Story wise im not a fan of open ended or "cliff-hanger" vns, I really the satisfied feeling I get when I finish a vn and the story is finished. Genre i'm looking for romance/love story stuff, the kind that makes ya feel warm & fuzzy, non-yuri and slice of life is more my speed. Other than that some VN's that ive read and enjoyed are: Nekopara series, Loca-Love, NinNinDays and Wild Romance just to name a few of the many. Obviously these are eroge and I would prefer that i guess, but when shit goes over the top and super sexual/crazy it makes me dislike the experience. Anyway hope you all have some good recommendation for me to read!

3 hours ago, Craftiee said:

Obviously these are eroge and I would prefer that i guess, but when shit goes over the top and super sexual/crazy it makes me dislike the experience. Anyway hope you all have some good recommendation for me to read!

Nekopara isn't over the top super sexy for you?! :Kappa:

Anyways, here are some of my suggestions....

Fureraba . About as warm and fuzzy and slice of life as it gets. And really funny.

Making Lovers . From the same devs that made Fureraba, it just released not even 2 days ago.

Sankaku Ren'ai: Love Triangle Trouble . This VN is hilarious!! It loves making jokes out of all the eroge and anime tropes out there.

Hoshi Ori for a pure love story, complete endings with a little bit of after school stories and almost no drama at all (just some minor stuff).

G Senjou no Maou has a very interesting true route with no mandatory prerequisites, it goes beyond romance whoever (it is also a mystery/ thriller).

KoiChoco can be a pain to get running ( need to set JP locale - emulator doesn't work for this one), but it is also a decent one. (it has a mandatory route).

Seconding If My Heart Had Wings. I have the same problem as yours, when shit goes over the top and makes me suspend my disbelief I just get put off.

Someone else suggested Making Lovers - I had a problem with that one because it is a dating sim which doesn't take itself seriously - it is a comedy after all. I am not iin the mood for that kind of thing at the moment. I plan to finish it later. You might enjoy it though.

Here are some points about If My Heart Had Wings:

It is very light hearted, conflicts/issues are minimal so you don't have to worry about getting depressed or anything.

The romance is great, even the H scenes are cute.

The protagonist is intelligent, proactive and knows how to act around women.

There is a fair amount of infodumping about gliding and aerodynamics - when I first read it, I found these parts immensely boring but as it turns out, gliders are quite interesting.

The art is beautiful, and all the heroines have good personalities.

I want to get A Sky Full of Stars from the same company (Pulltop) but I don't know if the translation is reliable.

To Heart 2 (haven't read this one yet but I heard that it is a pure love story)

Kira*Kira (has drama) and Deardrops from the same developer

Katawa Shoujo (has drama and bad endings but it is excellent)

If you want some simple recommendation, then I can recommend both of Wagahigh and Shuffle. If you already read those, then perhaps you can try Koiresort, Miagete (At least you didn't need to worry about the sex scenes), Umikana (You also didn't need to worry about the sex scenes since this VN is all age in the first place), and Koiken Otome. I hpe my recommendations here will be helpful to you.