Visual Novel Monthly Recap - March 2020 Releases and Community News (ft. Company Closures)

• 3 weeks later...

As for March, well overall it's lack of noticeable release compared to either February or April so I guess the bimonthly circle will become true. Granted that there's Sideboob 2 for March release, but it's just a nukige so it wouldn't exactly count to me here (Besides the breast are too big there). At least Nekonyan's announcement in regard of Hello Lady fandisc (Or rather updated re-release) is good enough, so I'll look forward to that eventual release. Not quite interested with the Humbling Holy Maiden here, but good luck to Meru in regard of the translation work.

For Marco here, I would give a praise to Harukaze (If Tokyotoon is really them being rebranded) to quickly release an all age VN after their blunder in Noraneko duology releases so at least there's no censorship happened there because after all you can't censor sex scenes for overseas release if the VN is all age in the first place. Which to say it's the opposite of Pulltop, in which they took years for finally take a clue by releasing their first short all age VN Umikana. Recently I just realize that one of Umikana's VA (Akari Kitou) also voiced Momo from Machikado Mazoku, so I'm sure that Pultop wouldn't rerelease it with 18+ sex scene for Japanese only like back at Lovekami. While Marco's release should be seen as good because of no censorship I'm quite surprised that the reception on VNDB is quite nice unlike Umikana, although the writing did reminiscences Noraneko and Majikoi to an extend (Harukaze was formerly started from Minato-soft) along with sci-fi story and the use of CGs to tell the story like back at ef did help a lot though.

In regard of MAGES's purchase by Colopi, I'm more interested with on how lack of reaction from the fans like VNDB stated. Although if I may offer my opinion here, perhaps it's because the fans being apathetic for the lack of continuation in the main stories, and MAGES tendency to write the remake/fandiscs instead of continuing the main story. They've been reliant on Steins Gate didn't help at all, although admittedly it would ensure the survival of MAGES here (At least until Chiyomaru sold the company, which mean keep milking Steins Gate here is not enough). Keep in mind that it's just my opinion here, so I may be wrong on this.

Edited by littleshogun