Getting a "This Game is Japan Only" error from a VN.

Kaito1

I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I just recently purchased the visual novel, Floral Flowlove, from DLsite. I know in order to run Japanese softwares, you're suppose to change your System Local settings to Japanese. This is exactly what I did. But for some strange reason, everytime I try to launch the game, it keeps on telling me that a Japanese version of Windows is required. This is really odd. Has anybody experienced a similar problem to this? I would greatly appreciate it if you all can help me out.

Q5JkTiB.pnggzQYaSk.png

Edited by Kaito1

Siglusengine games like this (well, at least the error message looks exactly the same) need a bypass program to work if you're not literally running japanese windows. That said I would first try also using Japanese date and time settings. I'll pm you a link to alpharom which bypasses this, because iirc it can also be used to crack.

16 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

Siglusengine games like this (well, at least the error message looks exactly the same) need a bypass program to work if you're not literally running japanese windows. That said I would first try also using Japanese date and time settings. I'll pm you a link to alpharom which bypasses this, because iirc it can also be used to crack.

10 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

Search for the kdays patch or AlphaRomDie

Oh my god, thank you so much, you two! That Alphaprom program did the trick. I spent hours frantically trying to figure out how to launch the game. For a moment, I thought I'm unable to play it and that I wasted my money. The game was pretty expensive after all. Thank you very much for providing me much needed relief. This really should be in an FAQ or something to inform people about this.