MangaGamer 2020 Licensing Survey

Mr Poltroon

I am happy to see DameKoi/The Most forbidden Love in the World coming in second when it comes to Mangagamer sales.

As for the survey I would love to see some coordination between chuunige fans to get a title into the results akin to what the Otome and BL fans did last year, but I don't know how it would best to coordinate that, and I guess the readership is a bit more fractured.

Having said that I am  probably going to vote for my usual choices.

1. Evolimit

2. A liarsoft title (Maybe Alpha Nighthawk or Dungeons & Daimeiwaku)

3. A chuunige that is not from their existing partners (Last year I voted for Bradyon Veda but this year since Lights self publishing ended maybe it would make sense to vote for something like Silverio Vendetta)

He he I have to agree with Mr Poltroon

Since that VN it's not a Otome but BL VN.

Here it's VN I have request for MG licensing survey.

Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka

Gakuen Heaven: Boy's Love Scramble!

Mashiro Iro Symphony

For company I want MG to licensing more from I choose Moonstone and company I want MG to licensing I choose August

6 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I've added Seisai no Resonance to my Short List of Yuri VNs I'm Writing Into Every Localisation Survey Without Any Hope It'll Actually Lead to AnythingTM.

Nice one! Dergonu brought it up before but I hadn't thought of it. I'll steal that.

Edited by Mr Poltroon

I mean, I technically I always stan Sanzen for r18 otome but it's chuuni, the romance isn't really the main focus...

Personally I just put in Shimaisou, Kodoku no Yurikago (too obscure to be on vndb, to save you the trouble), and Maki Fes for the memes. It's not like I really care about what the tl anyway at this point...

1 hour ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I've added Seisai no Resonance to my Short List of Yuri VNs I'm Writing Into Every Localisation Survey Without Any Hope It'll Actually Lead to AnythingTM.

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Nice one! Dergonu brought it up before but I hadn't thought of it. I'll steal that.

Oh yes, I'd love to see that translated. One of my favorite games.

I'm also just getting started on a re-play of Beat Valkyrie Ixseal, and I'm reminded how much I love the Beat series from Alice Soft. Hoping MG will do Ixseal some day, after they release Escalayer.

5 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Wont even bother voting. It'll just be some nekopara hellspawn winning anyway.

It's not an election though. You're not "voting" for anything, you share your suggestions to show MG what titles might be interesting to English-speaking audience. And you'll have stuff like Fate, White Album 2 and Sakura no Uta at the top of the list most of the time, so it's not exactly nukige winning the thing every year. Also, Nekopara-like crap is definitely Sekai Project's specialty, not really what people expect or ask from MG. :P

And while title suggestions are likely to mean relatively little, there's also the part about requesting more of specific genres etc., which is much more likely to influence MGs licencing decisions. If you think we get too much crappy nukige, it's probably a good idea to express what you'll like to see more of. :)

20 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

And while title suggestions are likely to mean relatively little, there's also the part about requesting more of specific genres etc., which is much more likely to influence MGs licencing decisions. If you think we get too much crappy nukige, it's probably a good idea to express what you'll like to see more of. :)

I really hope that is not the case, because among the answers for the " What types of visual novel would you most like to see more of? " is not a single answer that I really fit what I want to see, but I already suggested them to introduce more answers. I hope that they look what is being suggested with the titles and try to find titles along those lines if they are unable to license the suggested titles.

Edit:

I guess you could also refer to the "Which genres of visual novel do you enjoy?" question, which is fine in my book.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt