Questions about Kirikiri repacking

Frank

Hi everyone. I'm learning how to extract and repack some Kirikiri games. Right now I'm able to extract xp3 files and use ScnEditorGUI to TL stuff. I've some questions I'd like to ask.

Spoiler

haruoto.png

I can TL most of the menu now but still get stuck at one item. (The one that says ICOモード.) I've looked through the whole override.tjs and all other possible files in sysscn but I can't find where to edit it. Maybe because this menu is unique to this game. Any advice on where else to look?

Also there's the title bar. I tried editing the names in appconfig.tjs and config.tjs but that doesn't do anything; the text still stays Japanese. Was there something I did wrong here? I edited with Notepad ++.

The game is Haruoto Alice * Gram trial version.

I've learned how to do the other parts now. This is the only part I'm currently stuck at. Help is really appreciated.

P.S. Do you have any trouble using KrkrExtract? The tool extracts data fine but I never have any success in repacking. It always gives me a "Couldn't open file" message. Also, what does the universal patch do? The page doesn't tell me anything about how to use it or what it is for, only that it's a new technology.

Edited by Frank

Hi and thanks for the reply uyjulian.

I found where I should edit those strings. The extra menu was in folder "main" and the title bar was in appconfig.tjs.

Now I'm trying to find out how to put the files in a folder without having to repack them like you suggested. I made a folder named "data" and put all the files there, but it did nothing. Could you give my a step-by-step guide on how to do that? Sorry, I'm new to this.

EDIT: thread renamed because this has become a different question now.

EDIT2: Found a workaround by editing the default data directory for universal patch, and then recompiling the tool. If there's something else I should be aware of please let me know.

Edited by Frank

I have one more question.

I'm thinking about putting in word wrapping and it seems Nagato's code for wrapping is the best method, and to do that I have to add the code in mainwindow.tjs. But unfortunately the file use kjs2 script. Is there a way to do this? Because IIRC at present there is no tool that can decompile kjs2.

I can use \n to do line wrapping, but if possible I still prefer word wrapping to line wrapping, because manually adding \n every time is troublesome, and if the players change fonts, it can mess up with line wrapping.

On 2/29/2020 at 12:04 PM, MerzZly said:

Did you try it?

Unfortunately GARbro doesn't work with my version of the game. I intend to translate the trial and it seems the tool can only decrypt the full normal version of the game. But thank you very much for your suggestion.

Right now I don't need to repack the files because I can put everything in a folder like uyjulian suggested. And if I want to repack, the old xp3pack.exe tool will suffice.

12 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

My ScnEditorGUI isn't intended to translation, it's a example usage,
plz use my SacanaWrapper to translate it. 
https://github.com/marcussacana/SacanaWrapper

Thank you. I didn't see it before. That is a lot more convenient.

Edited by Frank