VN with after story

philipmikh

Recently finished reading Hoshi Ori and I loved the way that most of the game is spent after the confession scene with some routes containing lengthy after stories years after school graduation[rikka], though not quite as much as Clannad but still refreshing enough from the standard two sex scenes -> credits roll.

It feels like a more realistic approach to relationships, especially when we consider that in the real world most high school sweethearts end up breaking up after a while, just like I did (ROFL).

I did play Tomoyo after(being a fan of Tomoyo route in Clannad), but the bittersweet (or just bitter) ending kinda wrecked me and I'm not sure if I should just start Summer Pockets, hanging around in my library, as I can't find much information about how this game compares to others in terms of Key bullshittery tearjerker punches that they randomly pull from nowhere just for the laugh (or the cry).

I'm also willing to consider untranslated titles, I may not be able to read them immediately but they prove to be a useful addition to my collection nonetheless, right now I'm barely an N5.

It doesn't need to be a romance focused title, but some is always appreciated.

edit: fan discs are fine as well

Edited by philipmikh

If you're talking about in the same game then the only one to fully do that is Gin'iro Haruka, same company as Hoshi Ori, which is currently partially translated. Other than that the only one I can think of off the top of my head available in English is Private Nurse and that only applies to Ayano's route and those are a collection of short stories.

Otherwise after stories are relegated to fandisks.

This VN is pretty old, but certainly fits the bill - Kotori Love Ex P (English)

It's a combination of Kotori route from Da Capo, her fandisc stories and after story that you are looking for. Basically you don't need to read original Da Capo game, and you can ignore IF (Innocent Finale) alternative route since it's drama oriented and meaningless.

Hani Tsuma (Jap) is good too, although after stories is not that long.

Edited by ShinRaikdou

Hmm... Why don't you try Sakura Sakura I think it has a built in sequel or after story of sorts on the routes that you played/chose... And it has 2 protagonist for different scenarios. 

Princess Evangile is mostly romance but tackles some issues on gender integration and it has a Fan Disc too!

My Girlfriend is The President is more comedy oriented, a Parody of Obama and Putin in their Female versions. And it comes with a Fan Disc too!

Fureraba is a pretty decent high school romance Eroge! Has its own Fan Disc as a DLC for the after story.

9 hours ago, Templarseeker said:

Hmm... Why don't you try Sakura Sakura I think it has a built in sequel or after story of sorts on the routes that you played/chose... And it has 2 protagonist for different scenarios. 

Princess Evangile is mostly romance but tackles some issues on gender integration and it has a Fan Disc too!

My Girlfriend is The President is more comedy oriented, a Parody of Obama and Putin in their Female versions. And it comes with a Fan Disc too!

Fureraba is a pretty decent high school romance Eroge! Has its own Fan Disc as a DLC for the after story.

He asks about after stories with time skip. For example if game was about high school, then "after story" tells you about university, living together, work, married life, etc. I don't think any of these games have something like that.

Edited by ShinRaikdou