Getchu Bishoujo Game Awards 2019 are out

ChaosRaven

So, it's again that time of the year when Getchu's Bishoujo Game Awards 2019 are out and the glorious winner is: Uh... Nukige Mitai na Shima ni Sunderu Watashi wa Dou Surya Ii Desu ka? 2 (aka Nukitashi 2). Congratulations to Qruppo for it!

It follows a list of the twenty best VN's of the contest:

1.) Nukitashi2 by Qruppo

38579.jpg

(Also best Music)

So this title is supposed to be super good, eh? Doesn't really look like it. :makina:

2.) Sakura, Moyu. -As the Night's, Reincarnation- by Favorite

38614.jpg 82846.jpg

(Also best Scenario and Character with Kuro)

This reminds me that I'm still waiting for the translations of Hoshimem -Eternal Heart- and Irohika. When will we get those?

3.) Tsuki no Kanata de Aimashou by Tone Work's

37549.jpg

I'm kinda interested in that one since it has some adult heroines for a change. I wonder if this will also picked up for translation by this hyper-fanboy Tsurezure Scans translation group.

4.) Cafe Stella to Shinigami no Chou by Yuzusoft

39806.jpg

(Also best Graphics and Movies)

What, no first place this year for Yuzusoft? Shame on them! Must surely be a terrible title then. :maple:

5.) 9 -Nine- Haruiro Harukoi Harunokaze by Palette

38324.jpg

Jay, I like the 9 - Nine series and can't wait for the title with my favorite heroine - Empress. :Chocola:

6.) Nee-chan no Susume ~Onee-chan no Itazura Seiseikatsu~ by Atelier Kaguya Bare & Bunny

Spoiler

38315.jpg

NSFW

Impressive, Atelier Kaguya got two titles into the top ten. And both from team Bare & Bunny - no love for their rivals HonkyTonk Pumpkin.

7.) MUSICUS! by Overdrive

39861.jpg

Whu, what?! Overdrive got a title into the top ten? Shouldn't they be dead by now? Though that was supposed their last title I think. Maybe they reconsider if sales are good.

8.) Motto! Haramase! Honoo no Oppai Chou Ero ♥ Appli Gakuen! by Milk Factory

Spoiler

39492.jpg

NSFW (Also best Ero)

I guess it's the same here like with their previous titles - good art but far too many heroines and poor story even for nukige standards. Atelier Kaguya should have gotten the Ero title. :wacko:

9.) Mamagoto ~Mama to Naisho no Ecchi Shimasho~ by Atelier Kaguya Bare & Bunny

Spoiler

39884.jpg

NSFW

I actually liked this one a bit more than the higher ranked Nee-chan no Susume, but both were good. 

10.) Kin'iro Loveriche -Golden Time- by Saga Planets

38243.jpg

So, since we're getting Kin'iro Loveriche, I guess this one is a possibility too now. Well, we'll see how the the first one turns out.

11.) Raillore no Ryakudatsusha by 3rdEye

40277.jpg

I really don't understand why 3rdEye is so obsessed with their double protagonists. Sorcery Jokers would have been much better if they'd left the dork at home.

12.) Aonatsu Line by Giga

38588.jpg

Looks pretty generic to be honest. What's up with Team Baldrhead?

13.) Evenicle 2 by Alice Soft

38599.jpg

I guess MangaGamer will have an interest in that considering the first one sold so well. But they've still Rance titles to translate, so this will probably have to wait.

14.) Haha Ranman by Alice Soft

37890.jpg

This doesn't seem to be as popular as their other Milf titles - I wonder why. Art looks a bit odd, but certainly not bad.

15.) Kimagure Temptation by Silky's Plus Wasabi

39232.jpg

Hmm, Nanairo Reincarnation was already a bit of a so so experience with lights and shadows and this is much lower rated.

16.) Study § Steady by Marmalade

37263.jpg

Not sure what to think about this one. Seems a bit bland.

17.) pieces / Wataridori no Somnium by Whirlpool

37056.jpg

So that's from the company that made the Neko-nin exHeart from Sekai Project? Didn't read that, but the VNDB rating wasn't particularly flattering. This seems to be a lot better though.

18.) Ryuusei World Actor by Heliodor

38560.jpg

Never heard of that company before, but apparently it's new and this is their first title. Plot sounds interesting with urban crime mystery and stuff, but I'm not sure about the quality of it.

19.) Ren'ai, Karichaimashita by Asa Project

38787.jpg

So this is from the makers of Sankaku Ren'ai: Love Triangle Trouble! we got from NekoNyan? That was rated rather average, so I'm not conviced about that one either.

20.) Waka-sama no Zasuru Sekai by Minato Carnival

37483.jpg

I'm actually a bit surprised that this is tagged as a comedy title in VNDB, because the images look more like a dark fantasy setting - and I think I wish it was. :yumiko:

And oh yeah, the list of best selling titles is here: Getchu's sales ranking 2019.
Yuzusoft might not have won the Bishoujo Game award, but they can at least take comfort in being the bestseller again. :vinty:
Clochette and August are both in the top five best sellers as well, but surprisingly neither of their title made in into the Bishoujo Game award list.

Edited by ChaosRaven

Thanks for posting they overview @ChaosRaven!

I am personally looking forward to Nukitashi's translation, so seeing Nukitashi 2 win the award is a nice surprise. I don't know how good the sequel/fandisk is but at least it is not a pure moege.

Ryuusei World Actor is already completely translated, but has been rejected by Steam twice, so who knows when or if that game comes out in the west. It looks interesting, but word is that this VN has no proper conclusion, which is a thing that I can't stand. Here is @Clephas impression on Ryuusei World Actor: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/blogs/entry/2846-ryuusei-world-actor/

Musicus! and Waka-sama no Zasuru Sekai are the other titles on this list that I am most interested in. Musicus! is supposed to get a translation this year by Mangagamer. Let's hope that happens.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

Ryuusei World Actor had a lot of potential that went absolutely nowhere.

Waka-sama is a much darker take on Minato-soft's standard way of doing things.

Anything charage on that list is pretty mediocre (coincidentally, I either tried or played all of those...), the only exception being Shinigami no Chou which was about average for Yuzu Soft games.  

Kimagure Temptation isn't as good as the other two games by the same team, but it is still an excellent experience.  All the more so because they only had one heroine.

Sakura, Moyu would have been my choice for number 1 out of the games on this list, by several degrees.  

From what I've been told, Nukitashi 2 is basically your standard fandisc experience for a game that doesn't make a lick of sense.  Just ask @ittakuwhat he thought of it if you want to know.

Kin'iro Loveriche's fandisc was a good addition to what the original had already done, albeit lacking the same level of impact.  The addition of a route for the antagonistic ojousama (who should have had a route in the original game) was a great idea, though it turned into a total comedy route.

I don't get why anything Alice Soft from 2019 was even on this list... 

9... I wish they had just released all of them as a single game.  This drip-drip of paths is annoying as hell.

Don't even get me started on Milk Factory... even for a nukige, that was godawful.

Raillore... I dropped the game for obvious reasons (at least to me), but I suppose the flashy visual effects brainwashed enough people into sticking with it...

It doesn't surprise me at all that Tone Works is up there... nothing by Tone Works ever sucks in my experience, even though I can only play one path in any given one of their games before I get an SOL overdose and have to be taken to the virtual hospital for injections of action and story.

28 minutes ago, Clephas said:

From what I've been told, Nukitashi 2 is basically your standard fandisc experience for a game that doesn't make a lick of sense.  Just ask @ittakuwhat he thought of it if you want to know.

#2 is not exactly my favourite game nor sequel, and... I wouldn't translate it. Probably having a route of sorts for the best subheroine from the first is its best feature.

34 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

Ryuusei World Actor is already completely translated, but has been rejected by Steam twice, so how know when or if that game comes out in the west. It looks interesting, but word is that this VN has no proper conclusion, which is a thing that I can't stand. Here is @Clephas impression on Ryuusei World Actor: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/blogs/entry/2846-ryuusei-world-actor/

You seem rather well informed, not even VNDB has any info that there's an English version coming. :o
I assume it's not via one of the usual English publishers like Sekai, NekoNyan or MangaGamer and they are doing their own thing?

11 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Waka-sama is a much darker take on Minato-soft's standard way of doing things.

It looks pretty interesting, will you write something about it or... did you already and I just missed it? :wafuu:

13 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Yeah, I was already scratching my head about the first one, but apparently there seems to be more than meets the eye. There must be a reason why it's so popular.

16 minutes ago, Clephas said:

9... I wish they had just released all of them as a single game.  This drip-drip of paths is annoying as hell.

I would have preferred that as well, but I can somehow understand the reason for it. With all the animation and stuff, it would have been a pretty expensive title and therefore a financial risk.

26 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

You seem rather well informed, not even VNDB has any info that there's an English version coming. :o
I assume it's not via one of the usual English publishers like Sekai, NekoNyan or MangaGamer and they are doing their own thing?

There has been no official confirmation, but the game has been found in the Steamdb as Meteor World Actor here. (Including a complete english opening here.) The translation company behind it is most likely ShiraVN (https://twitter.com/shira_vn) since they are partnered  with or a part/subsidiary/western publishing arm of DMM. Since the game hasn't been official announced they can't really comment on it, but I would be pretty sure that they are behind it.

23 hours ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

There has been no official confirmation, but the game has been found in the Steamdb as Meteor World Actor here. (Including a complete english opening here.) The translation company behind it is most likely ShiraVN (https://twitter.com/shira_vn) since they are partnered  with or a part/subsidiary/western publishing arm of DMM. Since the game hasn't been official announced they can't really comment on it, but I would be pretty sure that they are behind it.

If they are going to localize a Kinugasa Shougo game, they should go for Akagoei... talk about horrible choices.

9 hours ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

I don't disagree, but as far as I understand ShiraVN is related to DMM and Akatsuki no Goei is not under that umbrella, so I don't know if they had the choice.

I'm pretty sure Akabeisoft has a partnership with DMM... they just aren't owned by them.

15 minutes ago, Clephas said:

I'm pretty sure Akabeisoft has a partnership with DMM... they just aren't owned by them.

Sure at least in the way that DMM operates a big store and Akabeisoft sells there (or is there a deeper connection that I don't know about?), but DMM has the rights to Ryuusei World Actor, so can just decide yeah let's do that without negotiations with another company. Maybe they could have negotiated with Akabeisoft for a western release of Akatsuki no Goei , but in the end it would have been more profitable for them to release one of their own games.

But in the end that is all just speculation on my part, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, so I am just making assumptions that I can't really back up. But it would definitely be interesting to know why certain titles get picked, like in this case. It's just that we going to won't know in most cases.

44 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

Sure at least in the way that DMM operates a big store and Akabeisoft sells there (or is there a deeper connection that I don't know about?), but DMM has the rights to Ryuusei World Actor, so can just decide yeah let's do that without negotiations with another company. Maybe they could have negotiated with Akabeisoft for a western release of Akatsuki no Goei , but in the end it would have been more profitable for them to release one of their own games.

But in the end that is all just speculation on my part, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, so I am just making assumptions that I can't really back up. But it would definitely be interesting to know why certain titles get picked, like in this case. It's just that we going to won't know in most cases.

It probably has something to do with Akabei's xenophobia too... they only recently stopped blocking foreign IPs from visiting any of their affiliate sites.  I'm glad I can finally download the patch for &, because without it, it doesn't work on windows 10, lol.

Edit: I remember being seriously taken aback when Hello, Lady got licensed... I'd honestly given up on anything by an Akabei subsidiary ever being localized, since they went through so much trouble to keep westerners off of all their games' pages, even on download sites.

• 2 months later...

Late to the party here, but better late then never. Let me try to comment on what I know here.

1. For Waka-sama, seeing Takahiro name it could only mean that he'll put his own style over the writer's style. That said, apparently this time it's quite dark so perhaps it might be a bit unlike usual Minato VN (Romeo Tanaka should be able to write dark story easily). If anything else it should be good if you want more Majikoi comedy style, and also if you've been want to see more 'passionate Hitomi Nabatame-voiced love-making' scenes because the titular Waka was voiced by Nabatame.
  2. Tsukikana, well if I may say don't expect Tsurezure will translate it seeing that they've been busy at this time, and more importantly Trip sort of didn't like the time travel story or something like that (I forgot the detail). Anyway it's the first tone work's attempt to have plot VN, and let's just say that it might be quite jarring if we already got used by them wrote lengthy slice of life story across three VNs. People are more interested to fiercely debated the first non-virgin heroine though, which to say that they may not read the VN to even understand the heroine story.
  3. It should be obvious that Saga Planet here did make Kirikoi FD for anyone else who (Understandably) quite upset with the ending of the main game, and that it's the first FD that Saga Planet created if I remember. By the way, seeing that Nekonyan already pick the main game and that their tendency is like to pick the FD as well, there's a big chance that Nekonyan will also took Kirikoi FD as well. Oh and to anyone else who wonder on why Akane is the heroine in the main game, let's just say that you should treat her as the side heroine because her hair color is not blonde, and that the title is Kiniro Loveriche which mean that our focus here should be the heroines with blonde hair (It should be logical to seeing them add the side heroine seeing that we have Hanasaki with two side heroines).
  4. Speaking about Nekonyan, I did hear that they're the one who provide the translation for Cafe Stella 4-koma manga at Youtube, so perhaps their relationship with Yuzusoft should be quite good. Of course it should be obvious that it's almost certain that Nekonyan will pick Cafe Stella, although when they'll pick it up we'll just wait and see here.
  5. Aonatsu Line looks like GIGA's attempt to go back to their moege here, and I think they may as well work together with Pulltop (ie MoeNovel) if they want to release this overseas seeing that they've been forced Sekai to censored Baldr Sky.
  6. Speaking about Sekai, recently they pick Kimagure so we'll going to have that in English as well. As for Nine, well write in episodic would allow the writer to space their writing so that he didn't overwhelmed by the huge amount of writing along with the budget, although of course ideally it should be released in one game. Anyway currently Episode 3 was at 10% translated and Episode 4 was already released, and apparently we'll going to have one more episode or something like that before we'll see the conclusion of Nine quintology (Hopefully at the next year). By the way I like both of Nine art (Thanks to Tsubasu) and the openings here.
  7. Too bad that Ryuusei was already rejected by Steam three times or something like that, which telling that Steam didn't like one element of Ryuusei. For me after knowing that Kinugasa did work on this, let's just say that I'll probably pass on this seeing that he didn't have enough capability to end his story properly. Granted that he can create nice setting building, although at the same time it could be his fatal weakness because it mean that he may not be able to cope with the setting especially if he make it in a grand way.
  8. I did hear Evenicle 2 did have severe drop compared to first Evenicle, although at least it subsided somehow. That said it have three weakness though, in that the first story is already completed enough so there's no urgent need for the sequel, the crossover only happen at the very end of the Evenicle 2, and looking from on how Alicesoft resolve the problem in Rance X I don't really think that Alicesoft can write it differently (I can't easily talk about the last weakness here seeing that it's a big spoiler territory). Still I'm kind of hoping that Mangagamer will pick this later though, even though Arunaru didn't work for Mangagamer any longer.
  9. Musicus here is Overdrive's Swan Song, and apparently Mangagamer will release this at this year. I don't know though on how much translation progress that they had, although I suspect that it might be one of their current secret project. For now, let's just say that I'm looking forward to it seeing that it's been lauded as good VN.
  10. While I'm not quite sure whether I'll look forward to Nukitashi 2 license here, I can definitely say that I look forward to Sakuramoyu license seeing that it's a magical girl VN (Not a nukige one, but rather a nakige one) and I always said that I'm hoping that we'll see more magical girl VNs being translated. That said, we may need a very long wait for this though seeing that both of Qruppo and FAVORITE did work together with Sol Press, and we know on how infamous Sol Press nowadays is.

I guess that's all for my comments about the VNs in the ranking here.

Edited by littleshogun