Is this Visual novel?

Skypie

idk.... have you click the video???
have you click the link in the description of the video??
have you google translate the japanese characters in the link if you cant read japanese??

This is an introduction PV of a fictional beautiful girl game "Kaku Friend". * This is a fictitious game and is not actually distributed or sold

What is "Kaku Friend"?

A fictional friend appears on the hero's delusion-! ?
The name of the man and girl who appeared as a mysterious Kaku friend is fictional.
A story that reminds her of her promise while deepening exchanges with the heroines.

This is a fictional beautiful girl game with a setting of ...

"Kaku Friend completebook ★" is a compilation of SD illustrations (doujinshi), and includes
"Kaku Friend", "Kaku Friend APPEND ★", and "Rough book limited to venues" issued in the past.

In addition, new illustrations (Kobichi-sama) are also posted.

Character introduction, SD event CG, scenario outline of each heroine, etc.

We hope you will read this fictional girl game. (Non-prohibited 18)
116P, special edition of special edition with foil stamping on special paper x2.

idk man... it looks like a action game to me??? can anyone verify it?

Edited by wyldstrykr

1 hour ago, Yuuko said:

It is an opening movie for Komowata's imaginary eroge he has done few art books about.

So it's not even a "fictional" game but a fake one? That's like a level deeper!

Are the artbooks NSFW?

1 hour ago, wyldstrykr said:

idk man... it looks like a action game to me??? can anyone verify it?

The "beautiful girl game" part is a good hint that it's meant to be a VN though? As much as it makes sense to discuss the genre of something that doesn't exist beyond heroine artwork.

1 hour ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

The "beautiful girl game" part is a good hint that it's meant to be a VN though? As much as it makes sense to discuss the genre of something that doesn't exist beyond heroine artwork.

well im using google translate so the word maybe wrong

Edited by wyldstrykr

20 minutes ago, wyldstrykr said:

well im using google translate so the word maybe wrong

Nah, it was obvious that "beautiful girl game" was translated from "bishoujo gemu/美少女ゲーム" and that, AFAIK, suggests either an eroge or a dating sim. Someone who knows the Japanese context better can correct me if I'm wrong. So, the mystery of the non-existant game is solved. :P

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

I know that I'd seen the art somewhere the moment I saw the thumbnail, and turned out it's really indeed Komawata one who as we know been in Yuzusoft VNs as the SD CG artist (She also work in some Purple Software VNs and Yumina as well). In any case, looks like her art is quite popular so much that some fan make a trailer for a fake game based on her art. So to answer the title question no it's not really a VN, although if the game become real most likely the format would be VN.