Most Graphically demanding vn game?

nos4r2

It's worth pointing out that even if the hardware's good enough, there are some VNs that run really bad (or possibly not at all) on Windows 10. The first that comes to mind is School Days/Shiny Days. The constant crashes and freezes I suffered through when playing those VNs could probably serve well as some sort of torture method to extract information from basically anyone.

23 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:

It's worth pointing out that even if the hardware's good enough, there are some VNs that run really bad (or possibly not at all) on Windows 10. The first that comes to mind is School Days/Shiny Days.

I don't know that that's a Windows 10 issue, School Days runs fine on my Windows 10 computer (or at least the first few hours of it does).

Well, this tablet's specs are super-basic. It'll probably do for most VNs, but I'd  still recommend something with 8GB ram and 4-core processor. That will make a huge difference in multitasking and everyday use outside of reading. Although if you want just a dedicated VN reader, nearly anything will do. 

Edit: something like this for example, in the i5 version: https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-c-series/Lenovo-IdeaPad-C340-14IWL/p/88IPC301187

1 hour ago, GXOALMD said:

I don't know that that's a Windows 10 issue, School Days runs fine on my Windows 10 computer (or at least the first few hours of it does).

You can probably count yourself among the lucky ones then! During my hours of troubleshooting, I noticed quite a few other people who ran into various problems while using Windows 10 in particular. The thing that turned out to work best for me in the end was completely ditching Windows 10 and playing on Windows 7 instead (compatibility mode in Windows 10 wasn't enough), but even then I would still get frequent crashes if I tried playing in fullscreen mode.
(I should mention that this mostly concerns Shiny Days. School Days wasn't quite as unstable, although it definitely suffered from more crashes than I would deem acceptable.)

There are some cases where certain VNs seem to play completely fine for some people, despite being broken messes for others. For example, I've heard people state that One and Moon won't play on Windows 10, but both of those ran without any issues at all for me.

Edited by Seraphim88

4 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

There are some cases where certain VNs seem to play completely fine for some people, despite being broken messes for others. For example, I've heard people state that One and Moon won't play on Windows 10, but both of those ran without any issues at all for me.

Huh, neat.

4 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

You can probably count yourself among the lucky ones then!

I'm not nearly as lucky as the people who never bought it.

13 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

For some weird reason, even though I'm running VNs on a relatively expensive laptop, I often have problems with Ren'Py games, especially during heavily animated scenes. I've no idea what's causing it.

That's curious. I've been playing a lot of those on a relatively low-end all-in-one computer and never had this kind of problem (unless the whole system froze for a few seconds, but that's usually from Chrome eating all the RAM :p). Maybe it's some kind of compatibility issue? 

1 hour ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

That's curious. I've been playing a lot of those on a relatively low-end all-in-one computer and never had this kind of problem (unless the whole system froze for a few seconds, but that's usually from Chrome eating all the RAM :p). Maybe it's some kind of compatibility issue? 

I mean, usually the problems aren't that big. The picture just constantly keeps freezing, so it's pretty annoying, but not game breaking. The biggest problem was when I was recently playing fault milestone 2. The game just kept crashing during animated scenes, and it was extremely annoying and experience breaking. Actually, since none of that happened with fault 1, which is in 4K, I suspect this has something to do with my 4K display. Most likely, the hardware just isn't good enough to constantly upscale moving images.

Well, I'm pretty disappointed with laptops anyway. And since now I finally have a place where I can put it, I'm thinking about buying a proper desktop PC. My last one lasted for almost 10 years, before the power module stopped working and most likely fried other components too, unlike all of my laptops which either fall apart or stop working after about 3 years. I don't know, most likely I just don't treat them carefully enough, but I'm not going to do that anyway.

22 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Well, I'm pretty disappointed with laptops anyway. And since now I finally have a place where I can put it, I'm thinking about buying a proper desktop PC. My last one lasted for almost 10 years, before the power module stopped working and most likely fried other components too, unlike all of my laptops which either fall apart or stop working after about 3 years. I don't know, most likely I just don't treat them carefully enough, but I'm not going to do that anyway.

I guess that's normal, laptops are always under more stress than something that just sits in one place for years without being disturbed in any significant way. Plus a lot more components and inevitable problems with internal space and cooling... Still, I'm kind of becoming of a fan of all-in-one computers for the kind of things I use my PC for, that is office work with a lot of multitasking and low-end gaming. My next VN machine will most likely be one of those, when the obnoxious gaming rig my brother left me with dies. :P Getting rid of the giant box and a good portion of the cables swarming around it will be a nice feeling, not even talking about the electricity it pointlessly devours. I'm also pretty sure if its graphic card had a soul, it would already beg me to end its miserable existence of mostly displaying static 2D waifus with like 1/80 of its computing power. ;p