Extract VN text 月影のシミュラクル (.xp3 files)

Unlighted

On 8/10/2020 at 3:52 AM, Unlighted said:

After spending yet ANOTHER 10 hours on it, I finally made it to work! So that no one else has to suffer from it, I explain it here :

TICK EVERY "UNBLOCK" FROM FreeMote Toolkit FILES'S PROPERTIES. 

i dont have a properties thing I can access. Mine runs through command line. How did you get to this stuff?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 8:31 PM, Unlighted said:

Hello there!

Me and my friends (we're about 5-6) are japanese N2+ french speakers planning to fan translate a visual novel. The problem is that we aren't too skilled in this "hacking" process.

From reading your posts, it looks like we have xp3 files to deal with (we are thinking of fan translating 月影のシミュラクル, I have both steam version http://www.mediafire.com/folder/3e3sdh6je0g5j/tsukikage, and DMM version if needed)

The problem is that, I tried to follow your guide, but we seem to encounter this error, occuring on every file :

C:\Users\User\Desktop\xp3tools-20060708\xp3tools-20060708>xp3-extract.exe C:\Users\User\Desktop\result\tsukikage\data.xp3 C:\Users\User\Desktop\result\tsukikage
Expected "#01" at position 0x17 but saw "#80".
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "xp3-extract.py", line 104, in ?
    assert (indexoffset+compsize+17 == filesize)
AssertionError

Can you please help us on how to make it work/ extract is for us? We are kind of serious about translating it and I can allocate more than 10 hours a week on the project for my part.

Thank you for reading!

I found a different tool that works for me better called scn-tool.
it pops out a .txt.toml file that you can read just like a txt file and all the dialogue is listed in the file. afterwords you use its inserter executable with the original scn file as the target. Just rename the new file and replace and repackage and the game is now transated! Anyways by some chance I also figured out that I am translating the exact same game you were so if you could tell me if you ever located where the system UI and stuff was managed that would be wonderful.