Bland Default Photooooo, Begone~!

So a few days ago as I was checking the forums, I noticed the increasing amount of people who didn't care enough to change their avatar from the default one.  Specifically, I noticed our very own Moderator zhurai using it, and was inspired.

MJ9VezM.png

In the interest of spicing up our forums, I presented an the idea of me making a new one to Nayleen, who enthusiastically approved.  

I took the picture from a scene in the original animation Angel Beats, where Yui sings My Soul, Your Beats (Yui Rock Version) but fails in the end when she ends up with her neck consticted with her own microphone cord. 

Using the same color codes and font that our beloved Aaeru used for our banners, I created this here new "Default Photooooo" that all our new members will be able to enjoy.  

(Note:  The extra 'o's were meant to keep to the same number of letters as in "Fuwanovel", yet at the same time mimic Yui's groan as she strangles herself in the anime.)

Enjoy it guys~!(Gotcha ZuZu~!)

~Naomi~

As entertaining as the reactions could be, I think the goal is to attract new members, not scare them off by thinking they wandered into a blood cult

You know, considering how many eroge heroines are virgins, you might be on to something with the "blood cult"...

Oh, so thats who is responsible for this atrocity.

It fucking replaced my beloved gravatar with some fugly shit, and moreover forums are full of this stuff now, causing my eyes to bleed.

Using such tactics against own users is very bad idea.

Very mixed feelings about it it seems.

@RusAnon: I disabled Gravatars for the time being so people even see this, because Gravatar keeps displaying the old one regardless of what I try - its cache simply doesn't expire. Gravatars will be back, that I promise and am very sorry to have caused you problems.

Thing is I really liked this idea because people who don't like it might be more inclined to switch to a more personal avatar, and at this point I think really everyone should have one since basically every service and every site does use avatars.

I also can't really gauge how popular or unpopular Naomi's avatar is if only people who like it reply here - so I'm asking everyone who reads this to give their opinion about it, though especially if you dislike it.

Very mixed feelings about it it seems.

@RusAnon: I disabled Gravatars for the time being so people even see this, because Gravatar keeps displaying the old one regardless of what I try - its cache simply doesn't expire. Gravatars will be back, that I promise and am very sorry to have caused you problems.

Thing is I really liked this idea because people who don't like it might be more inclined to switch to a more personal avatar, and at this point I think really everyone should have one since basically every service and every site does use avatars.

I also can't really gauge how popular or unpopular Naomi's avatar is if only people who like it reply here - so I'm asking everyone who reads this to give their opinion about it, though especially if you dislike it.

Like I said before, I like it for the most part - but the text/color of the text is distracting.  Maybe do something to make it more readable/less intrusive?