So Mirror is on Sale

mitchhamilton

1 hour ago, bakauchuujin said:

mirror is released by Paradise Project which is just a sub brand of SakuraGame, please don't promote them. They are by far the worst english VN publisher out there. The more sales they get the more VNs will be translated using google translate.

idk, seems to be a fine translation honestly, this coming from a very critical person of translations. using correct punctuation with coherent translations. maybe by supporting them with this game they can translate games with this same quality in the future? 

so yeah, i stand by what i promote here. if you want to check it out, its pretty cheap with gameplay and some nice visuals to boot. im digging it so far. :mare: 

EDIT: heres the steam page. https://store.steampowered.com/app/644560/Mirror/

Edited by mitchhamilton

6 minutes ago, McDerpingheimer III said:

tfw the existence of punctuation is your benchmark for a good translation

I don't know how the quality of this particular VN is, since they don't bother promoting with English screenshots (not a stellar sign), but what you're saying is not what mitch said. It is one of the factors, not the entire benchmark.

Here's a gameplay video in English (not really NSFW but there's a scantily clad girl all through it so don't really open it in public)

This + one look at the steam page really seems to corroborate bakauchuujin's statement. The very low price, the fact 90% of this game forum is in Chinese (although I never confirmed if their Chinese translations are legit), and the text on the video that, while not MTL (I guess?), clearly reads as something a non-native with very average grasp of the language would write just screams SakuraGame.

Also funny you guys mention punctuation when, according to that video, no sentence ever get a full stop, they just kinda fades into nothing, incomplete even sometimes wwwww

btw I am not saying they are likely to be SakuraGame, they are clearly SakuraGame. When updating my list on official english releases a while back I found that SakuraGame had put many of their titles under a new name Paradise Project. For instance Super Star a VN that seems to have credible evidence of stolen assets from what I have seen was originally released by SakuraGame and is now under Paradise Project, both of them are listed on the vndb page of Super Star. 

Edited by bakauchuujin

13 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

btw I am not saying they are likely to be SakuraGame, they are clearly SakuraGame. When updating my list on official english releases a while back I found that SakuraGame had put many of their titles under a new name Paradise Project. For instance Super Star a VN that seems to have credible evidence of stolen assets from what I have seen was originally released by SakuraGame and is now under Paradise Project, both of them are listed on the vndb page of Super Star. 

Ooooh thanks for the clarification. I remember seeing some rumors about it a while back but never went back to look for the actual facts, so my mistake.

But yeah, stolen assets games are a new (old?) low for them, when I thought they were already at the bottom of the bottom. :leecher: :amane:

Edited by MaggieROBOT

The first trailer on the steam page opens with "Sakuragame", so yeah, definitely them. I remember looking into this game a while back because someone said it has guro. (It does not. There is one very short scene with a bit of blood, I guess...)

It also has stolen art, from what I remember. 

Among Sakuragame’s titles it is the translation with the best quality, but that’s not saying much, considering everything they do is just put through google translate then slapped on Steam.  I would personally strongly advise against supporting them and their shady practices.