Summer Pockets is here!

Dreamysyu

56 minutes ago, adamstan said:

I kind of agree. I just finished Shiroha's route as well (I played it as the first one). I enjoyed it, but it indeed felt a bit rushed, which lessened the impact. Actuallly, the most emotionally impactful moments for me were

Hide contents

scenes with little Hotta-chan

Also, I really liked comedic parts.

You need to slow down a bit, or else you'll finish it in two days haha

Okay, Ao's route done in one sitting :)

While Shiroha's route had some pacing issues, this one was great - just classic KEY. Really, I think I don't have any major complaints. Ao is cute tsundere heroine, I really liked comedy in her route (it's kind of miracle all those lewd jokes got a pass on Steam :P ), and tear-jerking elements also did their job.

So far I'm loving this game.

1 hour ago, adamstan said:

Okay, Ao's route done in one sitting :)

While Shiroha's route had some pacing issues, this one was great - just classic KEY. Really, I think I don't have any major complaints. Ao is cute tsundere heroine, I really liked comedy in her route (it's kind of miracle all those lewd jokes got a pass on Steam :P ), and tear-jerking elements also did their job.

So far I'm loving this game.

Ao's is the only route [besides true routes] that was written by an old Key scenario writer, so that's probably why. I also loved her route, and was pretty sad entering Kamome's because of my feelings for Ao :/

49 minutes ago, adamstan said:

Whew...

Thankfully, my feelings were quite opposite - for me it was pretty good route. Perhaps not as good as Ao's, but still.

Stop reading so fast D:

Well, good thing that you liked it. I have high hopes for Tsugumi, and since I was kind of spoiled about the true routes, my expectations are pretty high too.

Now one thing that saddens me is that Umi's route - aka best girl's route - will be only available in Reflection Blue :<

8 hours ago, Silvz said:

Stop reading so fast D:

Maybe I should have picked up JP version - then finishing a route would take me a week instead of a day :P However, it's too expensive ;) (I managed to get Steam edition on some kind of sale with some nice discount)

As for Kamome's route - I actually liked the "adventure + childhood memories" theme. Incidentally, previous two titles I've read (Amber Quartz and Tenohira o, Taiyou ni ) also featured some variations on it.

Spoiler

And in Tenohira o, Taiyou ni  there even also was a trope of book written by a parent retelling characters' past, although details were different.

8 hours ago, Silvz said:

spoiled about the true routes, my expectations are pretty high too.

Now one thing that saddens me is that Umi's route - aka best girl's route - will be only available in Reflection Blue :<

I also have been spoiled a bit (shouldn't have visited that TVTropes page :P)

Spoiler

Isn't true route somehow connected to Umi?

Edited by adamstan

So, yesterday I finished Tsumugi's route. It was for most of the time very fluffy and lighthearted. But near the end I cried :rubycry: The effect it had on me was similar to Fuuko's route from Clannad. (even though story is different)

Mugyuu~~...

Now there's true route left - and it's good that it's Friday today, so no work tomorrow :D

Edited by adamstan

4 hours ago, Silvz said:

Now I'm starting Alka. I hope it doesn't disappoint me.

It didn't disappoint me :) While it (Alka + Pocket) isn't the most original one (you will definitely recognize some AIR and Clannad tropes), it is good.

And I agree with you about Tsumugi's route. Very touching ending indeed.

Edited by adamstan

9 hours ago, adamstan said:

It didn't disappoint me :) While it (Alka + Pocket) isn't the most original one (you will definitely recognize some AIR and Clannad tropes), it is good.

And I agree with you about Tsumugi's route. Very touching ending indeed.

Adam, is it only me or there is some noise during some voiced lines, specially Shiroha's and Umi's in Alka? It bothers me a lot while playing, but I couldn't find anything about this online

14 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Adam, is it only me or there is some noise during some voiced lines, specially Shiroha's and Umi's in Alka?

In normal lines - I haven't noticed anything weird.

However, there's indeed noise during

Spoiler

those weird black and white flashbacks

Spoiler

when Hairi starts to gradually forget about Umi

- and it corresponds to partially blanked text in textbox. Blanked parts of text are interrupted by noise.

But if you mean that one, then it's deliberate effect.

Edited by adamstan

54 minutes ago, adamstan said:

In normal lines - I haven't noticed anything weird.

However, there's indeed noise during

Reveal hidden contents

those weird black and white flashbacks

Reveal hidden contents

when Hairi starts to gradually forget about Umi

- and it corresponds to partially blanked text in textbox. Blanked parts of text are interrupted by noise.

But if you mean that one, then it's deliberate effect.

No, I mean in normal lines. Right at the beginning of the prologue in Shiroha's voiced lines and now, playing Alka, it's almost unbearable to listen to Umi because of it. D:

So, I finished Alka and must say that it was very touching. Umi is definetely the best character, and she makes me want to have a child too :<

The end of the route has a lot of Clannad vibes, indeed, it's almost a remake haha Now I'm into Pocket, and the first thing I thought seeing Shiroha was Rewrite's Terra route. I hope it's not as bad as it.