Summer Pockets is here!

Dreamysyu

5 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

Kinda disappointing that we're missing out on Reflection Blue, which releases in Japan in a few months and has a ton of new content, but I guess I'll take what I can get. Been wanting to read this for a while now!

What is different in Reflection Blue? Can I fully enjoy the game without reading it?

28 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Can I fully enjoy the game without reading it?

Definitely. I mean - why not? After all, the game has been released year and a half ago, and lots of people enjoyed it as it is currently. Reflection Blue seems to be kind of "extended edition", sort of big fandisc burned into main game. (It introduces new routes for and one new heroine) But after all it is just that - an add-on.

Edited by adamstan

1 hour ago, adamstan said:

But after all it is just that - an add-on.

An add-on that adds a lot of new content, if I may say so (judging by how it was described in VA's tweets). What's more, people are always gonna consider the original base game inferior compared to the new complete edition. So yeah...

Not saying SumPocko is bad without it. It's definitely a complete experience on its own, just not complete in terms of everything that exists for Japanese fans xD (if they don't localize this new content too)

16 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

(if they don't localize this new content too)

They hinted, that translation of the new content depends on the succes of the base game.

16 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

What's more, people are always gonna consider the original base game inferior compared to the new complete edition.

True, but I think that's a bit stupid attitude. That's like saying that Princess Evangile is incomplete without the "W Happiness" :P Besides, it isn't even released yet. It may as well turn out that new content is inferior to the base game :P

Whatever the case, it definitely would be wrong to say that one cannot enjoy a VN without a fandisc, wouldn't you agree?

Edited by adamstan

18 hours ago, adamstan said:

They hinted, that translation of the new content depends on the succes of the base game.

Yes, I know. It could go either way. We'll see.

True, but I think that's a bit stupid attitude. That's like saying that Princess Evangile is incomplete without the "W Happiness" :P

I agree, but most people won't see that way, and you know it :D

Besides, it isn't even released yet. It may as well turn out that new content is inferior to the base game :P

That's beside the point. As you know, sometimes more content, even if it's bad, is considered better than "missing content". Whether it's bad or not is irrelevant to naysayers xD

15 hours ago, Sonicboom2.0 said:

I wish someone could gift it to me on Steam, Being poor sucks haha.

You're in luck. There's a raffle going on:

Join the raffle and test your luck :)

And in the meantime, people are complaining about lack of h-scenes in KEY VN :o:notlikemiya:

I was really shocked after seeing that. The notion that VN=eroge, and that whenever story involves characters having sex, you absolutely HAVE to show it in every detail, seems to be strong. (I personally find it ridiculous, and legendary bad quality of KEY's H-scenes only reinforces that ;) )

On a side note - when browsing Steam reviews of Flight Diary, I saw some people who claimed that they could feel when h-scenes were cut from Akari's route ;)

Spoiler

It was all-ages from the beginning.

Edited by adamstan

28 minutes ago, adamstan said:

On a side note - when browsing Steam reviews of Flight Diary, I saw some people who claimed that they could feel when h-scenes were cut from Akari's route ;)

Hide contents

It was all-ages from the beginning.

Glad to know the steam community is still as clueless as always.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Silvz said:

Since this game doesn't have Jun Maeda writing, how does it stand compared to other Key games? Is there any drama in it?

They say that there is - that despite not having Maeda's writing it's still "classic" KEY.

I think I'm going to read it next, after I finish Tenohira o, Tayou ni - unless I get distracted by something else, that is ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading Shiroha's route and enjoying it a lot. My only grip with the game is the lack of a proper common route, something so important to previous Key games. There is a prologue, but right after it you can choose the heroine you want to know better and the others are left aside :<

I love Hairi and Umi's moments, and I'm pretty excited for her route in Perfection Blue.

11 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I'm not far into the VN yet, but I can't help wondering, do the heroines also interact with each other sometime? The VN feels a bit... lonely so far, because all the characters seem to be isolated from each other. The heroines are charming, but I honestly miss some simple friendship vibes here.

Well, like I said, I'm still in Shiroha's route, and so far she only interacts with Ao. The other two are nowhere to be seen.

15 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I'm not far into the VN yet, but I can't help wondering, do the heroines also interact with each other sometime? The VN feels a bit... lonely so far, because all the characters seem to be isolated from each other. The heroines are charming, but I honestly miss some simple friendship vibes here.

I'm currently going for Ao, but so far she did interact with nobody except her pet fox yet. :unsure:

12 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I'm currently going for Ao, but so far she did interact with nobody except her pet fox yet. :unsure:

I read that some things from Shiroha's route are explained in Ao's, so it should be a better order to read them

Edited by Silvz

11 hours ago, Silvz said:

Well, like I said, I'm still in Shiroha's route, and so far she only interacts with Ao. The other two are nowhere to be seen.

People have different friends. Good thing they do something new other than making some lazy ass club or something to bring them all together.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4.03.2020 at 3:54 AM, Silvz said:

I have just finished Shiroha's route. It was way, way too short and for me it lacked impact, as everything happened too fast.

I kind of agree. I just finished Shiroha's route as well (I played it as the first one). I enjoyed it, but it indeed felt a bit rushed, which lessened the impact. Actuallly, the most emotionally impactful moments for me were

Spoiler

scenes with little Hotta-chan

Also, I really liked comedic parts.

Edited by adamstan