New to the VN scene, and struggling. Please help.

Quokkamon

So I just recently bought my first Eroge VN off of Manga Gamer, it was an older game “sekai de ichiban dame makes koi” (The Most Forbidden Love in the World) and for the first two weeks of playing I had zero issues with it, in fact I’m in love with the game; but, just two days ago something went very wrong. I saved on a decision screen late at night because I was sleepy then the next morning when I tried to play the game it crashed on the loading screen. I thought it was strange, so then I tried to load the game with the option “resume game” and it worked perfectly fine, up until I had gotten to another decision screen. That’s when it will completely crash again and again no matter what I try. I can’t load into the main menu (it crashes), when I save it will save but it will crash immediately after saving. I’ve tried a plethora of ways to fix it, I’ve deleted it entirely and reinstalled but for some reason all of my progress is still saved. I really don’t think there could be any back up files in the cloud considering that I’ve always played the game without internet on. I even went to the lengths of restoring my computer back to when I didn’t even have the game downloaded but for some reason it just goes back to where I left off. I’m super puzzled by this whole situation and I’m not the most technologically advanced person to figure it out. The game was installed via compressed zip files if that’s useful info. Please help!!!

Contacting the mangagamer support is an option. But I can tell you that "The Most Forbidden Love in the World" savegames are under

c:/user/(your username)/saved games/manggamer/The Most Forbidden Love in the World

c is usually where your operating system is installed but it could be different for you.

So you can go there manually deleted your savegames and the game should have a fresh start. If that doesn't work try reinstall it again after deleting the savefiles.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

13 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

Contacting the mangagamer support is an option. But I can tell you that "The Most Forbidden Love in the World" savegames are under

c:/user/(your username)/saved games/manggamer/The Most Forbidden Love in the World

c is usually where your operating system is installed but it could be different for you.

So you can go there manually deleted your savegames and the game should have a fresh start. If that doesn't work try reinstall it again after deleting the savefiles.

You’re a saint my guy, it works now thank you so very much!! :D