Tsunderes or Kuuderes Recommendations

Mr Poltroon

My current list is as follows:
https://vndb.org/u68049/ulist?c=added&c=finished&c=label&c=started&c=vote&l=2&mul=0&o=d&q=&s=vote

So if there's anything that isn't in the link above, please do recommend it!

I more or less like anything that fits in those archetypes, up to and including weird/eccentric characters that are outcasts as a result (Sora or Ayamine). Nukige are also fine (though the most important thing to me are feelings, consent, mutual trust, etc etc), such as Risa from Sweet Home.

In theory I don't like Modern Tsunderes, but I'm having a difficult time actually picturing any from VNs, since in VNs they actually end up together romantically; it's not like anime where perpetually undoing all development is the point.

Requirements: English, Not Yaoi. Everything else is fair game. RPG Maker games, Otome, EVNs, that fanfiction you wrote 7 years ago, etc.

Thank you kindly for your help.

Edited by Mr Poltroon
Added requirements.

1 hour ago, onorub said:

Don't think it's exactly what you're looking for but if you want a unique experience, Norn9 has both a tsundere and a kuudere protagonist.

I was going to ask what you think of the game, but then it hit me like a ton of bricks when I was mentioning that it was a console otome that I can't play it.

Was hesitant to recommend this at first, since there's a somewhat blurry line to the consent, but I saw you played Bunny Black, so I'm going to do it anyway since this one is more wholesome than that.^^

I mentioned the sequel and this game in the What are you playing? thread. https://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE240947.html

The dungeon of Lulu Farea has a large cast of girls, many Tsunderes and Kuuderes to be had in these two games, but there's only a fan translation to the second game. The blurry line definitely develops to mutual feelings in all cases, of that I can assure you. Also it's one of the most addicting puzzle games I've played. The Protagonist is even a weird/eccentric character who is an outcast (by choice) and they strangely gave him depth by making him shallow. :D

Chrono Clock and Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai have some of the best casts of heroines in my opinion, but they are more witty and sharp-tongued than tsun or kuu. (Chrono Clock has a classic Tsundere and a somewhat kuudere heroine)

Here are some of Tsundere/Kuuderes that I really like and recommend.

Tsunderes

1. Mitsuki from the fandisc,  Princess Evangile W Happiness, she appeared in the original game, but it's the fandisc where she gets the her own route.

2. There is also Rin from My Fair Princess

Kuuderes

3. Rikka from Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai

4. There is also Toa from Wagamama HIgh Spec

5. Shirone from Trinoline

6. Riku from Sorcery Jokers

Edited by Iori

7 hours ago, Ruberick said:

Was hesitant to recommend this at first, since there's a somewhat blurry line to the consent, but I saw you played Bunny Black, so I'm going to do it anyway since this one is more wholesome than that.^^

I mentioned the sequel and this game in the What are you playing? thread. https://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE240947.html

The dungeon of Lulu Farea has a large cast of girls, many Tsunderes and Kuuderes to be had in these two games, but there's only a fan translation to the second game. The blurry line definitely develops to mutual feelings in all cases, of that I can assure you. Also it's one of the most addicting puzzle games I've played. The Protagonist is even a weird/eccentric character who is an outcast (by choice) and they strangely gave him depth by making him shallow. 

That game and its sequel are indeed absolutely phenomenal. Unfortunately I could not place them in my list.

7 hours ago, Ruberick said:

Chrono Clock and Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai have some of the best casts of heroines in my opinion, but they are more witty and sharp-tongued than tsun or kuu. (Chrono Clock has a classic Tsundere and a somewhat kuudere heroine)

These are good recommendations. I happen to have already played the corresponding routes on them, so I can indeed say that they're quite good.

5 hours ago, Iori said:

1. Mitsuki from the fandisc,  Princess Evangile W Happiness, she appeared in the original game, but it's the fandisc where she gets the her own route.

2. There is also Rin from My Fair Princess

These are good!

I'll look into My Fair Princess.

5 hours ago, Iori said:

3. Rikka from Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai

4. There is also Toa from Wagamama HIgh Spec

For Hoshi Ori I'm technically in the middle of playing it right now, but it's not going all that well, hence this thread.

Wagamama is one of my favourite VNs ever, but there's just one route I haven't played that I'm leaving for a rainy day. Ashe's.
Speaking of which, you didn't recommend Ashe??

5 hours ago, Iori said:

5. Shirone from Trinoline

This one I did not know about. Is it a long route?

5 hours ago, Iori said:

6. Riku from Sorcery Jokers

Sorcery Jokers is good for a variety of reasons, but romance was not one of them, I thought. In fact, the H-Scenes in this game actively infuriated me. They felt so different and extreme compared to everything else. That may have coloured my perception, though, making me think the romance was bad when it was only the final epilogues that were.
At any rate, this was already on my list.

Glad to see that my taste is appreciated, I usually only recommend what I'd rate 7 or higher and though I'm not picky about what I read, (There is a certain delight to be had from bad games, picking apart what did and did not work and for what reasons is enjoyable for me) I am rather picky about what I would rate games, but in this case, maybe single good heroine routes within a mediocre VN would also work as a recommendation.

I remember a tsundere route  and an "ostracized by beauty/untouchability"-type girl leaning towards kuudere in Fureraba.

The Funbag Fantasy games are surprisingly well made and also have a number of heroines with the desired traits.

A bit older and it's more of a VN where I'd recommend the whole experience instead of a single heroine route, Family Project. (A very tsun girl to be had here)

One heroine is a tsundere, two others would be a kuudere together I guess^^, Harukoi Otome.

There's also an all colors of the rainbow array of characters in Koihime Musou. (Tsundere and Kuudere characters are more often the side heroines though)

Another Tsundere in Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru. (Also the best route in this VN, in my opinion)

Last, if you can handle it, Princess X, this one has a lot of reasons to dislike it, but also a lot of stuff that make it special, even touching at times and Monster Girl Quest, where pretty much the same applies, at times disturbing, at times touching. Kuuderes and Tsunderes present in both of these, but handle with caution.^^