Updated Intro, w/Pics

Ryoji

Hey guys, I thought id post some pics!!

here's a picture of my Grandson and I.

Family-1.jpg

And one of my awesome Robot leg compliments of an IED (Improvised explosive device) in Iraq.

RobotlegFTW.jpg

The leg goes with the 7 mortar fragments that are still in my chest&legs, and the 3 bullets that I took to chest/shoulder. Needless to say, everyday I'm able to get up and be with my wife, read VN's, and just be alive is a good day. I'm really glad I found this community, and the joy of Visual Novels. So thanks guys!!

wow, you have a grandson already!? I really can't see myself with grandchildren. I guess only time will tell.

So you have fought in Iraq huh. I have not met a person who fought in recent wars yet. You'll be my first. I too am glad that you are with us and that we are a part of the same community~

wow, you have a grandson already!? I really can't see myself with grandchildren. I guess only time will tell.

So you have fought in Iraq huh. I have not met a person who fought in recent wars yet. You'll be my first. I too am glad that you are with us and that we are a part of the same community~

3 Grandkids actually. 2 twin girls and a boy. ages 4 and 2.

Hey guys, I thought id post some pics!!

here's a picture of my Grandson and I.

Family-1.jpg

And one of my awesome Robot leg compliments of an IED (Improvised explosive device) in Iraq.

RobotlegFTW.jpg

The leg goes with the 7 mortar fragments that are still in my chest&legs, and the 3 bullets that I took to chest/shoulder. Needless to say, everyday I'm able to get up and be with my wife, read VN's, and just be alive is a good day. I'm really glad I found this community, and the joy of Visual Novels. So thanks guys!!

I just wanted to say Thank You for your service and that I greatly respect you and all the brave men and women that are serving in the military. I would be interested to know what the medals mean on your uniform.

Correct me if I am wrong but is your rank Master Sergeant? Sorry if that is being personal. Your grandson is adorable.

You look great and that uniform on the baby is awesome! That's an impressive collection of medals! And here I thought you'd look like Konata! :lol:

I'm really glad to have you here with us!

But for a grandfather, you look quite young and dandy!

So the mortar fragments and bullets are unremovable?

You look great and that uniform on the baby is awesome! That's an impressive collection of medals! And here I thought you'd look like Konata! :lol:

I'm really glad to have you here with us!

But for a grandfather, you look quite young and dandy!

So the mortar fragments and bullets are unremovable?

They took 2 of the bullets out. 1 near my heart is still there.

Most of the fragments were removed, but a couple are by vital organsso yea, they are a part of me now.

As for my medals, id rather not talk about that.

Correct me if I am wrong but is your rank Master Sergeant?

Yes I retired Master Srg

We're lucky to have you, Ryoji. The community's been rapidly bettered by your help and friendliness. : )

Thanks Tay, I appreciate that.

Can I call you Captain Badass or would that end up being annoying?/terribleattemptatajoke

Seriously, both of you look awesome in that picture! :3

Its great to have you here, I haven't been here that long, but you seem like an awesome person here and very friendly, which is great!

Hope you stay a long time here!

Not really sure how to close this post, so here's a random tune from one of my favorite OST's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9rNs8TkTcw

Can I call you Captain Badass or would that end up being annoying?/terribleattemptatajoke

Seriously, both of you look awesome in that picture! :3

LOL Ryoji is fine. Yeah I had my Grandsons Dress Blues custom made.

holy. so impressive O_O

it's like a completely different world to me.

thanks so much for helping with the site.

Nothing impressive. I just did my job and managed to get lucky. Thats why im still here and take everyday as a blessing.

I love this site Aaeru and believe in what your trying to do. Its my pleasure to help where I can!! I just wish I knew about programming and stuff so I can help out more.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, this is incredible, I always thought the foreign community around VNs were people about 15-35, it is awesome to see that everyone can enjoy it, just like it is with books or movies.

A teammate from our old America's Army gameclan was in Iraq too with the Czech unit, not sure if still there but it was computer games that helped him decide he wants to become soldier.

As for me I was so happy the compulsory military service was abolished few years before I was supposed to go, I am too chicken to fight with real guns and I'd better stay only with videogames.

It is great to have someone with so much life experience here in the community.

Woah, Ryoji-dono, it's such a pleasure to meet a person like yourself, now I know someone to ask about military stuffwink.gif (if you don't mind of course), anyway, thanks for your efforts!!! And i don't have many ideas right now.... so... ummm.... you can actually be like Konata fighting Guile.... bad pun... sorry.....

Anyway, it's a pleasure!!! (already said that, but i don't care...)

• 1 month later...