Snow Presents hooking problem

adamstan

Today I bought Snow Presents Download Edition from DLSite. The game works well, however I cannot manage to hook the text from it. Both ITHVNR and Textractor have built-in hcode for it, but it produces strange results. While they definitely capture the text going into text box, they fail with encoding / codepage or whatever. The output is similar to the result you get when trying to run Pulltop VNs on AdvHD engine without Japanese date&number format. (but then such garbage appears inside game's own text box of course)

snowpresents-hook.jpg

Does anybody know solution for this (or another working hcode)?

After experimenting a bit more, it seems that DLSite's versions' executable file is just weird. I found temporary solution, but it's very inelegant ;) - had to replace AdvHD.exe with the one from disc version (and let's not inquire too much where dit it come from...)  For this version then, ITHVNR lists additional hook - HW8@3977B:GDI32.dll which works perfectly.

5 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Download editions pretty often have small modifications because they usually use some kind of DRM when launching the game for the first time causing the hooks to stop working.

Yeah, looks like that's the case here. It's the same with another Pulltop VN I got from DLSite today - Te To Te Try On - download edition is completely unhookable, unless I substitute exe file for the disc one.

Looks like I got lucky with Saki no Love Love Honeymoon DL Edition. But that one was from getchu. Maybe their DRM is less intrusive.