Massive Forehead

FryingPan

As I've been playing games from Yuzosoft, I can't help but notice some of the characters that have a really big forehead (see the examples below). I am guessing the characters were first drawn bald and then the hair was added after that (like a Photoshop layer), most likely to experiment with different hair styles. It's not a major issue, but I still find it a bit distracting. I don't think I have noticed this in the other VN's I've played, so it's probably just Yuzusoft artists.

Links to some characters where this is quite noticeable.

Noble ☆ Works: Akari , Akari + Sena

Dracu-Riot!MiuAzusa , Sayo   (I haven't got Dracu-Riot! installed, so I've linked to the VNDB character pages)

Sanoba Witch: Koshiji + Touko + Meguru + Wakana + Nanano (used the Sprite Mode to make this scene)

In Nanao's case she may as well be wearing a wig.

Edited by FryingPan

24 minutes ago, FryingPan said:

I am guessing the characters were first drawn bald and then the hair was added after that (like a Photoshop layer)

As a matter of fact, we can see exactly what this looks like, because I constructed forehead-elucidating images long ago for some reason:

twwRR0R.png

k2Pcxel.png

UDEp3i4.png

5qrHdD7.png

CmsWdcC.png

920VUbE.png

Maybe I'll get around to examining the Sanoba Witch characters someday.

20 hours ago, Fiddle said:

As a matter of fact, we can see exactly what this looks like, because I constructed forehead-elucidating images long ago for some reason:

Damn. I was only imagining the front perspective, seeing it from the side makes it kinda scary...

12 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

I think it will please you that in Riddle Joker they actually addressed this issue. On left we can see the sprite from trial and on the right we have the final version.

DZ7-s7WVQAAawFK.jpg

I still think the head height could be reduced further, but that does look much better.