VNs suitable for...

Mago Ivo

I'm not sure if I can put what I want to put in the title, so I'll say it here. I recently finished G-senjou no Maou and it gave me two things : A deeper love for classical music and a love for... smoking cigars.

I found it really suitable to smoke cigars while I play that novel and I picked that habit. 

I'm searching for VNs with, I don't know, similar shady atmosphere to G-senjou no Maou and certain parts of Fata morgana no Yakata.

Because it would be pretty weird, even for me, to smoke cigars while reading something like Clannad or Fureraba ~Friend to Lover~.

I'll start with Grisaia no Kajitsu, because some people say that it's the only visual novel which is somewhat close to G-senjou no Maou.

Edited by Mago Ivo

18 minutes ago, Mago Ivo said:

I'm searching for VNs with, I don't know, similar shady atmosphere to G-senjou no Maou and certain parts of Fata morgana no Yakata.

From what I understand, you're talking about the third chapter in Fata Morgana, am I right? If I understand correctly what you're asking for, then the two VNs that come to mind are Rose Guns Days (only played the first two episodes myself, but they were pretty good), and, I guess, an EVN called The Blind Griffin (but I'm not exactly sure of how good it is since I only played it for 20-30 minutes).

Edit. Though these two might be a bit more light-hearted than Fata Moragana and G-Senjou, I guess. I can't say for sure about RGD, it's been a very long time since I played it.

Edited by Dreamysyu

29 minutes ago, Mago Ivo said:

I'll start with Grisaia no Kajitsu, because some people say that it's the only visual novel which is somewhat close to G-senjou no Maou.

Nah, Grisaia is a comedy VN, it has little to no similarities to G-Senjou. The Angelic Howl chapter is the only one that might come close. The only VN similar to G-Senjou is its predecessor Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo.

1 hour ago, ChaosRaven said:

Nah, Grisaia is a comedy VN, it has little to no similarities to G-Senjou. The Angelic Howl chapter is the only one that might come close. The only VN similar to G-Senjou is its predecessor Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo.

I'd put the Seed of the World Tree (especially the second half) as being more similar to G-Senjou than Angelic Howl.  Regardless I second the motion. Grisaia no Kajitsu is a phenomenal vn but it's built pretty much entirely on comedy and heart wrenching/warming emotional moments; it's not gonna give the same style of entertainment that G-Senjou does.

4 hours ago, Ramaladni said:

Didn't you say you were going to jail soon in your previous thread? Now I can't really believe that you are a smoker. Please be honest.

I'm really glad somebody remembered. I didn't give an update to that because I thought that nobody cares enough to question if I was telling the truth.

Unfortunately, I am 100% honest about everything.

It's just that I thought that the lawsuit would end sooner, but things were going slowly. 

The last process in court (I don't know how to call it in english) was just two days ago, and since 12.12.2019 the judges have a one month deadline to decide my sentence.

My lawyer is brilliant and she increased my chances for suspended sentence to around 80%, but there is still a probability of me going to prison.

Suspended sentence in my country means that if I don't do some big crime I won't go to prison.

If they decide to put me in prison, I would have to be there for atleast two years by the law of my country.

Edited by Mago Ivo

On 14/12/2019 at 1:50 PM, Mago Ivo said:

I'm really glad somebody remembered. I didn't give an update to that because I thought that nobody cares enough to question if I was telling the truth.

Unfortunately, I am 100% honest about everything.

It's just that I thought that the lawsuit would end sooner, but things were going slowly. 

The last process in court (I don't know how to call it in english) was just two days ago, and since 12.12.2019 the judges have a one month deadline to decide my sentence.

My lawyer is brilliant and she increased my chances for suspended sentence to around 80%, but there is still a probability of me going to prison.

Suspended sentence in my country means that if I don't do some big crime I won't go to prison.

If they decide to put me in prison, I would have to be there for atleast two years by the law of my country.

Hi, thanks for the update. And wow, I wasn't expecting this. I was sort of skeptical myself, so...

Hope everything goes well for you man. Unless you're actually an awful person and deserve the jail time. If so, then you may repent in hell (just kidding, of course, please don't take this the wrong way). Hope you find what you're looking for and manage to enjoy your remaining free time, if things happen not to go well. If they do, do enjoy yourself all the more.

Cheers.

Edited by Ramaladni