Baldr Sky (Out now!)

Formlose Gestalt

3. Patch Notes

Adult Patch Version 1.00

- All sex scenes are restored.

- All CGs modified to remove nudity have been restored.

- Restored removed CG and nude character standing illustrations.

- Restored nipples to character face window portraits.

- Restored a small number of lines that were cut or modified outside of sex scenes.

- CG Gallery updated to display 18+ CG.

- The Scene Gallery replaces the Movie Gallery.

- Secret Files bonus h-scene unlocks are restored.

- The scenario chart updated to show the proper icon and thumbnail for sex scenes.

- Restored a small number of lines that were cut or modified outside of sex scenes. ehmmmm how did they found the small things in the small amount of time??? this patch is questionable... i guess someone from the SP is responsible for that or someone hack SP and get the game before even releasing

10 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

- Restored a small number of lines that were cut or modified outside of sex scenes. ehmmmm how did they found the small things in the small amount of time??? this patch is questionable... i guess someone from the SP is responsible for that or someone hack SP and get the game before even releasing

Dont be silly. Its quite obvious that its people from SP.... reason behind it is unknown. Might have been a deal with Giga to release the patch outside the eyes of the general public, or it might be discontent and a rebellious act from SP as a whole, or a few employees. Who knows?

Edited by Stormwolf

As for the 18+ patch, I can only say that we should thank whoever that created it whether it's from Sekai or a very passionate fans. For the reminder here, Sekai was used to be fan translation group so I guess it might be reasonable if they decided to go rogue for a bit for 18+ patch here in order to avoid GIGA's contract. Oh and I think GIGA here did prepare themselves to go for console release only, just like Leaf.

Well, it may be a bit early to talk about that since I'm still at chapter 3, but...

Is it just me or is this game pretty boring? At least, so far really nothing grabbed my attention. I hope it changes later on.

Could someone explain why this is supposed to be so good? I went in almost completely blind since I often enjoy things the most if I do it this way, but now I see this may have been a mistake.

2 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Well, it may be a bit early to talk about that since I'm still at chapter 3, but...

Is it just me or is this game pretty boring? At least, so far really nothing grabbed my attention. I hope it changes later on.

Could someone explain why this is supposed to be so good? I went in almost completely blind since I often enjoy things the most if I do it this way, but now I see this may have been a mistake.

because of gameplay???? i have the same vibe as you. i find the story boring maybe because it keeps switching between past and present

Yeah, the pacing is really slow and mainly focused on world-building and exposition. I'm at chapter 10 in my first playthrough and so far not a lot has changed. At least to me it feels like the first playthrough is trying to set everything up properly so things can hopefully speed up later, kind of how S;G did it, or MLA that took two prequels and like 15 hours of build-up to properly set up its story. I personally don't mind this approach and the switching between past and present and most scenes at least feel like they add something to the overarching narrative with little fluff. My two main complaints are that I don't like the cast that much so far and that the gameplay sections are too far apart for how short they are.

Anyway, I feel like the whole experience could go into three different directions from where I'm at right now: It could turn into an amazing dark epic like MLA (with less trauma though I suppose), it could go the Root Double way of telling its whole story through neverending exposition, or completely fall apart into convoluted stupidity that mistakes edginess for being deep like Chaos;Child did. I'm a little afraid it might be the the third option as C;C also has a very high vndb-score despite being really bad.

Edited by alpacaman

2 hours ago, alpacaman said:

Yeah, the pacing is really slow and mainly focused on world-building and exposition.

That's not what I'd necessarily call boring though. I mean, I actually prefer slower paced stories as long as I don't dislike the characters and as long as they use that pace to build something meaningful, and world-building is always welcome too. At the same time, I don't know, I can't really say that I care about this world so far. I mean, so far it's a pretty generic futuristic environment, and I haven't yet noticed anything that it does particularly well. Also, like you, I don't particularly care about the cast, and that's a rather important flaw in my eyes. I really hope my impression changes later on.

Edited by Dreamysyu

1 hour ago, alpacaman said:

The gameplay doesn't take that much time, about 5-15 minutes every two hours, including setting up your equipment.

Ah, that sounds like something I can live with, as long as it isn't so hard that I have to replay the same fights over and over again. I was afraid I would have to spend like 30-50% of the total playtime fighting, managing inventory and whatnot.

I guess we should thank Guapler for indirectly confirm us that the patch is indeed from the fans instead of Sekai (Even though it's not a nice thing to do), because logically there's no way that Sekai will request to take down their own patch. Now that I think of it the group did say that they did a throrough job of translating the interface and sex scene before the release, and as long as someone can open the script it should be possible to add the sex scenes within hour after the release.

Edited by littleshogun