Jump to content
Formlose Gestalt

YOU and ME and HER (aka Totono aka Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi)

Totono Poll  

17 members have voted

  1. 1. Aoi or Miyuki?

    • Aoi
      9
    • Miyuki
      8


Recommended Posts

It took a bit longer than expected, but Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi. (YOU and ME and HER) is set to release in February next year!

You can pre-order the physical release on J-List:

https://www.jlist.com/NP005

Announced at AX2018 with the goal to release before AX2019, the last we heard was that it should release this year. Now it's set to release in February 2020 but at least we have something more concrete. For those who say, yeah but it was the same with Majikoi and that still hasn't released, on Discord it was said: "Regarding delays. We understand the frustration it causes you guys, but, can only say that, every game is a different project" So hopefully Totono will release in February 2020.

 

Until then here is blog post on J-list talking about Totono and DDLC titled: "YOU and ME and HER Outshines Doki Doki Literature Club"

https://blog.jlist.com/featured/you-and-me-and-her-outshines-doki-doki-literature-club/

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not played the game, but know more or less what the linked blogpost reveals:

Spoiler

I don't mind twisted love or such things. I only hope someone ends up happy. That's all I'm looking for.

If I hear that this is nothing more than a tragedy then I really won't bother with it. DDLC is the absolute limit of what I'm willing to tolerate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I have not played the game, but know more or less what the linked blogpost reveals:

  Reveal hidden contents

I don't mind twisted love or such things. I only hope someone ends up happy. That's all I'm looking for.

If I hear that this is nothing more than a tragedy then I really won't bother with it. DDLC is the absolute limit of what I'm willing to tolerate.

 

I am pretty sure if you stick to a route and dont try to 'cheat' you get the happy ending

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a delay tomorrow is the day!

YOU and ME and HER (Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi.) releases tomorrow May 5th!

https://twitter.com/jastusa/status/1257491308115042304

 

You can find the game on JAST USA and on J-List. The game has been send to Steam for approval, but it seems as of right now there are no news on that front. If you preordered the physical edition you will get the digital key tomorrow since shipping is delayed with all that is going on in the world.

Here is the opening:

As a side note the YouTube page lists 05.12.2018 as the upload date for that video. It was just unlisted since then. (Really makes you wonder if there is  a Muramasa video just beside it is...)

 

And for those of you looking for a walktrough here is a word from Verdelish the translator.

https://twitter.com/verdelishJP/status/1257534198312665088

She also recommends going for Miyuki route first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GXOALMD said:

Don't use a walkthrough?  Guess I can remove this one from my to read list.

Any particular reason why you become uninterested in reading a VN when it is suggested you do not use a walkthrough?
Actually curious, here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, GXOALMD said:

Don't use a walkthrough?  Guess I can remove this one from my to read list.

Honestly, I'd say go for it! Just this once, at least. I kinda know why she would suggest that but I won't say anything. Basically, if you look for a walkthrough, you will probably get spoiled, even from other results from this vn that might appear.

Edited by Leonor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some pople seem to have access to the game now (it seems to depend on the timezone?) so if you are interested check out JAST USA website.

Alos there is no Steam entry for those waiting on the Steam version, but the release seem to be on the 25th.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1293820/YOU_and_ME_and_HER_A_Love_Story/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And there goes my dedication not to buy new games before I clear my backlog. :vinty:As if I ever followed that dedication to begin with.

Well, I'm already spoiled on this game due to a very old thread in this very forum, but I don't really care about spoilers that much as long as the actual buildup is good.

1 hour ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

Some pople seem to have access to the game now (it seems to depend on the timezone?) so if you are interested check out JAST USA website.

Yeah, it's already available for me, even if it still says "pre-order".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Any particular reason why you become uninterested in reading a VN when it is suggested you do not use a walkthrough?
Actually curious, here.

The most general reason being that I don't like having interaction with my vns.  If I want to interact, I'll play a game and if I want a story spoonfed to me then I'll read a vn.

My reason for this one specifically is because it's gotten compared to DDLC.  DDLC gets a similar schtick of "go into this blind" which turned out to be so you'd at least install it before you realize that it's a bunch of played out metahorror tropes that had stopped being interesting years before DDLCs release.  Needless to say getting compared to DDLC and then being told roughly the same thing I was told before tackling DDLC combine into one big red flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GXOALMD said:

The most general reason being that I don't like having interaction with my vns.  If I want to interact, I'll play a game and if I want a story spoonfed to me then I'll read a vn.

My reason for this one specifically is because it's gotten compared to DDLC.  DDLC gets a similar schtick of "go into this blind" which turned out to be so you'd at least install it before you realize that it's a bunch of played out metahorror tropes that had stopped being interesting years before DDLCs release.  Needless to say getting compared to DDLC and then being told roughly the same thing I was told before tackling DDLC combine into one big red flag.

Totono has more to it than just the gimmick, you know? Its not even that much like DDLC in the first place soooo....

 

On 04/12/2019 at 7:39 PM, MaggieROBOT said:

Can't wait to see if people will keep repeating how this is better than DDLC after reading (TOTONO SPOILERS AHEAD, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED)

  Reveal hidden contents

The netorare scenes, at least DDLC is a pure love story ;p :makina:

Ok yeah, and what's your point exactly? Totono is much better than DDLC anyways and its great. (DDLC IS good tho, so don't get me wrong or think im hating the game)

To be fair that one part is not even that bad as some people might think. People think it's really bad and that it might ruin the experience but no. It's plot relevant and it's not even all that enraging. Other highly praised VNs had that exact same content and much worse in fact.

Totono IS a pure love story and just because it has midly "problematic" or polarizing content it doesn't mean that its not that good.

 

11 hours ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

After a delay tomorrow is the day!

YOU and ME and HER (Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi.) releases tomorrow May 5th!

https://twitter.com/jastusa/status/1257491308115042304

 

You can find the game on JAST USA and on J-List. The game has been send to Steam for approval, but it seems as of right now there are no news on that front. If you preordered the physical edition you will get the digital key tomorrow since shipping is delayed with all that is going on in the world.

Here is the opening:

As a side note the YouTube page lists 05.12.2018 as the upload date for that video. It was just unlisted since then. (Really makes you wonder if there is  a Muramasa video just beside it is...)

 

And for those of you looking for a walktrough here is a word from Verdelish the translator.

https://twitter.com/verdelishJP/status/1257534198312665088

She also recommends going for Miyuki route first.

Oh yeah, there's definitely a Muramasa video in there and probably a Sumaga one too.

Remember that if Totono sells REALLY well we can get Muramasa soon (It's been in the works since like 2017)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Koyomi_ said:

Totono IS a pure love story and just because it has midly "problematic" or polarizing content it doesn't mean that its not that good.

This statement obviously interests me. I keep jumping back and forward on whether to play this, and pure love is certainly attractive to me. That said... Here's a spoiler question to which I would recommend answering in spoilers:

Spoiler

I just want to feel happy and cute feelings here. Will I actually get that at some point or will it all end badly?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

This statement obviously interests me. I keep jumping back and forward on whether to play this, and pure love is certainly attractive to me. That said... Here's a spoiler question to which I would recommend answering in spoilers:

  Hide contents

I just want to feel happy and cute feelings here. Will I actually get that at some point or will it all end badly?

 

Its a bit complicated to explain because spoilers but its pretty much 50/50. Its really dark because its a Nitroplus VN, but it does have its fair amount of cute moments.

Honestly, if you really want to play this, go ahead. But if you don't feel like it after all of this, its ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being honest here, the comparisons to DDLC make me want to avoid the game as much as I can. I hated, ha-te-d DDLC and I'm not into the same - similar, close - experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Silvz said:

Being honest here, the comparisons to DDLC make me want to avoid the game as much as I can. I hated, ha-te-d DDLC and I'm not into the same - similar, close - experience.

Except this game is MUCH different than DDLC aside of like one single thing/gimmick.

It's NOT the same experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×