YOU and ME and HER (aka Totono aka Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi)

Formlose Gestalt

Totono Poll  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Aoi or Miyuki?

• Aoi
    • Miyuki

11 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:
  Hide contents

Actually, not all important scenes are available through the menu. So, at first it's better to just go forward.

Spoiler

I honestly don't remember any scenes that aren't in the menu. What scenes aren't there? After I seen how it worked I jumped around using the menu.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

4 hours ago, Formlose Gestalt said:
  Hide contents

I honestly don't remember any scenes that aren't in the menu. What scenes aren't there? After I seen how it worked I jumped around using the menu.

Spoiler

Some h-scenes (which are required to get out of the loop for the first time), several other scenes that happen in the apartment. Also, the scene where the god calls you for the first time is more or less random, I believe, and it's not in the menu, obviously.

1 hour ago, Dreamysyu said:
  Hide contents

Some h-scenes (which are required to get out of the loop for the first time), several other scenes that happen in the apartment. Also, the scene where the god calls you for the first time is more or less random, I believe, and it's not in the menu, obviously.

Spoiler

Maybe. Naturally at the beginning I just let them come randomly.  And obviously I regularly checked if completing a scene triggered something new so I let it continue  (without loading a new scene immediately) after reading a scene that I had loaded.  I am pretty sure that you can complete the game if you do that while using the save points. But the structure of the game makes it a bit difficult to check back on that, so maybe there is something that won't work. Afterwards I learned that I must have missed some scenes because I played along with Miyuki and never got her angry. But I don't think I missed a h-scene. I have 4 in the gallery. One of which she tells you ask her at a different scene. But you can just load that scene and it works.

EDIT: Looking at a CG gallery online I guess I have missed like at least one h-scene with Miyuki, so what ever I did was probably no the best approach. But I finished the game while heavily using the load menu, but of course I did check if finishing them triggered something new (which for me goes without saying).

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

Now, it got worst!

Spoiler

After failing many times to call god because I could not unlock Myiuki's phone, now I'm trapped in a loop without any choices, and can't restart the game to a previous point before the loop. It's not the loop where you can hack the phone, it's after it and there are NO choices at all. It is an infinite loop.

Edited by Silvz

I think you're at the point where you should do what I mentioned in my previous post. Basically, you're supposed to

Spoiler

go to the kitchen (one of the scenes you can access in the load menu) and mix something in a drink for Miyuki, which will make her fall asleep and give you the option to fiddle with the phone again.

8 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

I think you're at the point where you should do what I mentioned in my previous post. Basically, you're supposed to

Hide contents

go to the kitchen (one of the scenes you can access in the load menu) and mix something in a drink for Miyuki, which will make her fall asleep and give you the option to fiddle with the phone again.

But the problem is that there are no choices anymore

I'm pretty sure it's working as intended, even if it doesn't seem so right now. The same thing happened to me, and I was able to move on eventually. Just

Spoiler

go through all the scenes in the load menu until you eventually find some new event(s), and then you should be able to do the stuff I mentioned shortly afterwards.

23 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Guys, you don't understand. I have already tried doing all of that [and failed every time], but now the game stopped giving me choices, I CAN'T CHOOSE ANYMORE

Whoa, really? Maybe it's some bad ending that none of us encountered...

Spoiler

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, you were trying to unlock Miyuki's phone by answering questions about her preferences, and you failed too many times?

37 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Whoa, really? Maybe it's some bad ending that none of us encountered...

Hide contents

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, you were trying to unlock Miyuki's phone by answering questions about her preferences, and you failed too many times?

Yes, that's exactly what happened. The first time I failed so much, the game

Spoiler

looped back to when she hijacks the game. Now this time it didn't loop back. I tried doing what God said - raise points for Miyuki in order to fool her. However, it seems that she really fell por me and then this happened. I literally can do nothing, even if I restart the game. The only thing I can think of is deleting the save file, but if I do it I'll probably have to restart, and I don't want to, too much hassle.

41 minutes ago, alpacaman said:

Can't you pick scenes from the menu?

Yes, I can, and I've already tried choosing the specific scene with the cooking book. No dice.

18 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Yes, that's exactly what happened. The first time I failed so much, the game

Reveal hidden contents

looped back to when she hijacks the game. Now this time it didn't loop back. I tried doing what God said - raise points for Miyuki in order to fool her. However, it seems that she really fell por me and then this happened. I literally can do nothing, even if I restart the game. The only thing I can think of is deleting the save file, but if I do it I'll probably have to restart, and I don't want to, too much hassle.

Yes, I can, and I've already tried choosing the specific scene with the cooking book. No dice.

I googled it, and yeah, apparently, it can happen. The only choice is to delete the save file and start from the very beginning.

10 hours ago, Silvz said:

Definetely not doing that. I think I've seen enough from the game, then lol

Spoiler

Apparently, if you spend too much time in the loop, at some point you will have a scene with Miyuki, where she asks you to give you a kiss, but you need to agree that you are truly ready to be with her forever or something. If you agree, all the choices disappear and you lose way to progress.

Well, I kind of thought about replaying the game from the very beginning to see some parts that I probably misunderstood in my first playthrough. I still haven't decided if I'm really going to bother with that, but if I do, I can send you my save files from just before I get to

Spoiler

the first loop.

6 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Apparently, if you spend too much time in the loop, at some point you will have a scene with Miyuki, where she asks you to give you a kiss, but you need to agree that you are truly ready to be with her forever or something. If you agree, all the choices disappear and you lose way to progress.

Well, I kind of thought about replaying the game from the very beginning to see some parts that I probably misunderstood in my first playthrough. I still haven't decided if I'm really going to bother with that, but if I do, I can send you my save files from just before I get to

Hide contents

the first loop.

nah, it's not necessary. I've started playing Punch Line.

• 1 month later...

Lol I was literally about to start a poll about who people voted for and turns out someones already done it. 

[SPOILERS AHEAD]

Spoiler

Even tho Aoi's route had some crazy NTR shit, I'm still on team Aoi xd. I mean I wanted to do Aoi's route first but the game forces you to do Miyuki's route first, I would have sworn eternal love to Aoi first and I wouldn't feel as bad for my choice at the end. Thankfully I was lucky enough to read this without any spoilers, so when I was reading this at late at night I obviously almost shat myself. I'm actually pretty surprised that Aoi has more votes than Miyuki (at the time of this post anyway), I was certain that most people would have been turned off by the NTR and choose Miyuki. Also can we talk about that prompt with the phone number at the end? Damn I was stumped at that and I actually had to search up what to do with that, the game was literally telling me to look at anything related to the game and it turns out it was in the manual the entire time??? In retrospect, I realise how smol my bren is lmao.

The ending was probably the single most hardest choice I'll ever have to make in a VN unless we get something else like it that literally screws with you and the game files like this. I haven't played DDLC and I probably won't anymore since every review I've seen for Totono compares it to DDLC and with the meta nature of this game, it's already obvious how DDLC will play out. 

Out of respect for the game, I haven't bothered trying to replay or look for Miyuki's ending. I haven't even opened the game after the ending to look at CG's or anything, except I wouldn't be surprised if I'm actually missing out on a lot for not opening the game.

Good read, wouldn't read again 9/10. I'm easily impressed and my repertoire of VN's isn't very big so this is easily one of my top VN's.

Edited by ImNiceWithRice
Realised this is probably a big spoiler, and most of my post under spoiler lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished this about a week ago. Hmm overall it wasn't... bad? 

Hard to talk about without spoilers. The good parts were good. Unique parts were respectable. Can see the DDLC comparisons. Some really dumb/frustrating parts.

I thought the slice of life moments at the beginning were fun and some of my favorite parts of the VN. Aoi and Miyuki being very different but eventually becoming friends was interesting. 

Actual romance parts were fun. Aoi in general was pretty weird and funny. Do Do Do do Do

The music was pretty nice and once the VN really got to the meat of the story I can see the vision the story was going for at give it lots of props for sticking out.

I thought a few plot twists were dumb and just felt like Nitroplus trying to Nitroplus appeal to dark fetishes

Shinichi was just a beta bitch. Not much else to say there. Miyuki was very...interesting. Understandable what she did I suppose. Aoi as said above was a funny character. While I wasn't a fan of what they did with her character a few times I still overall liked her most I guess.

I gave it a 7/10. The parts I liked I liked quite a bit. The unique parts of the VN were respectable. While the flaws I gave were understandable, they were still frustrating enough for me to lower my feelings about some parts of the VN.

Boop Boop