LoveSick Darlings BRAND NEW DEMO LAUNCH!

BioLizard

Hello everyone at FuwaNovel!

I know I just signed up a few minutes ago, but I was actually recommended to this site by a few fans of my game and a colleague or two - so I thought I'd share my post here while getting to know this site!

I am Dimitri, the creator of the VN: LoveSick Darlings (which is currently in progress of being made)

I just recently launched the latest version of the game's demo (version 1.3!) and I am looking for feedback! It's available on two different services!

Itch.io (Windows, Linux, Mac):

https://biolizard.itch.io/lovesickdarlings

Steam: (Just windows. Other support coming soon):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1151410/LoveSick_Darlings/

Here's some quick information on the demo!

LoveSick Darlings is a visual novel focused on developing and testing the limits of teenage relationships. It explores friendship, youth, love, and everything in between. The game plays with tropes and expectations found in romantic visual novels and dating sims by undercutting this often-romanticized period of everyone's lives with a realistic edge.

Syd, our protagonist, moved into a small town called Foster Hills at the start of this year. He’s become best friends with a girl called Maisy who lives on the same street as him – and by extension, her friends too. Over time he has become a natural part of this diverse group of friends. As the school year comes closer to its end, Syd’s friends start pressuring him into asking his crush out to the formal held at the end of the year. Will he be able to do it? How will his friendships hold up around him as he makes these big decisions towards the end of this high school year? And what if someone in his own group of friends sees him as more than... "just a friend"? It's up to you to make these hard decisions as Syd to decide the fate of him and all of his friends.

Demo includes:

- 6+ hours of gameplay per run, with another 3+ hours to explore alternate events

- Tons of player choice leading to highly-customized runs of the game

- Deep and realistic cast of characters

- Beautiful sprite art

- Gorgeous CG artwork

- Week and day system where YOU choose how you spend your limited free time!

- And so much more! Download it and experience it yourself!

And that about covers it!

I know I am new around here, but I'm still keen to hear what you guys think of this game!

Also, if you liked the demo – or what you can see so far - please consider supporting this project's Kickstarter! Which is actually live right now:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lovesickdarlings/lovesick-darlings-a-visual-novel-with-consequences

Anything you can do would mean the world to me. I'd love to get this game fully funded.

Thanks so much for your time and for checking out this post! I hope you enjoy the demo if you give it a go!