Point me in the right direction?

I know nothing about game design, coding, programming, it Japanese, but I wanted to try my hand at translating a game to get better at all of the above.

My problem is I don't even know where to start. I have the game, and the archive files are right there, but they arent in any format. They're just blank. I have no idea where to even start, if this is even the right place to start.

Help? Or just a nudge? Anything is better than the blind fumbling I'm doing now.

maybe /hgg/ on 4chan might have better info on this than a VN forum tbh

the japanese title is ビフレストの魔物娼館 if anyone cares, it's not on vndb. Creator is "midnight pleasure". It seems to be using RPG maker of some sort (I'll check more tho...); if you're not good enough to find tools for it you're probably not going to be technologically competent enough to operate the actual tools. I do recommend using a tool rather than RPG maker itself though because you can much more easily provide patches for new updates that way.

After checking out the trial I think this might actually be using SRPG studio. That's a somewhat difficult engine to deal with afaik so you'll definitely need someone else to help.

also you're useless without finding a translator so better get on that quick or learn japanese for a year