Any Audio Tracks You HAD to Mute?

mitchhamilton

whether it be certain characters, bgm, or maybe even sound effects, was there any that you remember sticking out as being the number 1 thing to mute with a track in a vn when you heard it?

i remember reading the first funbag fantasy and remember at a certain point i had to mute the bgm. it would play seemingly endlessly that one soundtrack. it was the theme for the main menu, it played constantly as you were reading. then side boob came out and there it was again in the menu! i thought "well, ill just play the vn and hopefully will hardly hear it throughout the vn."

NOPE! as soon as i hit new game it was there! taunting me! :ryuusui:

nothing more than curiosity. also, doesnt it bother you that curious has a second u but curios doesnt? what i mean is that when youre curios about something its to be inquisitive about it and curios is a form of historic artifact. BUT curiosity makes things confusing because it means curious but it doesnt have the second u. what gives, english language?

After two long as hell main games and two equally long fandisks, the Majikoi H-scene music made me go insane. It's probably gone by now since years have past, but there used to be a time where I wanted to disable my brain by hitting it into my keyboard over and over.

I ended up getting traumatized in my early days, I always turn the Video volume down to 10% or otherwise I'm afraid a cacophony is going to give me tinnitus. Other than that, I also disable system voices and loud menu-sounds, because they just annoy me as a notorious right-clicker and backlog checker.

17 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

After two long as hell main games and two equally long fandisks, the Majikoi H-scene music made me go insane. It's probably gone by now since years have past, but there used to be a time where I wanted to disable my brain by hitting it into my keyboard over and over.

I ended up getting traumatized in my early days, I always turn the Video volume down to 10% or otherwise I'm afraid a cacophony is going to give me tinnitus. Other than that, I also disable system voices and loud menu-sounds, because they just annoy me as a notorious right-clicker and backlog checker.

which h scene music tracks? im pretty sure majikoi uses a different track from its fandisks/sequel. id imagine sex scene bgms might be a big one considering theyre probably the most repetitive ones.

The last two visual novels I read had the BGM muted in favor of ambient spotify playlists. After a while the story started to feel like an LSD trip where all scenes, regardless of mood were chill as fuck.

It's not like the original music was bad, just a bit uninspired. And everything felt a lot more organic too since the visual novel could no longer rely on song cues to tell me how to feel.

Game is Tsuki no Kanata de Aimashou.

tbh, I've never had to outright mute the tracks for a VN... the baseline for VN music is pretty standardized to the point where most companies are essentially using the same compositions with slightly different arrangements, then labeling them as something new.  That's why companies that produce new and vivid BGM compositions stand out so much...

I do however, find little to engage me in most VN music, precisely because of the issues I mentioned above.  Works like Komorebi no Nostalgica, Hapymaher, and Devils Devel Concept stand out because of their exceptional and unique sets of BGMs... but the distance between them and the common ruck of VN music is so great that there is almost no resemblance beyond the superficial.

Some time ago i played Friends (From Aile soft), and i couldn't bare the voice actress of one character.

All it takes for me to trigger it was 1 or 2 voice lines so i finally muted it, but the thing is, it never happened again and i have heard a lot of bad voice actors so i don't know if it was me in that moment or that voice had something that i couldn't bare 

Edited by JulioInAction

On 12/5/2019 at 3:59 AM, Ranzo said:

Komari's voice in Little Busters because holy shit I think that is still the worst voice I've ever heard in a vn, man it was hard to listen to after a while

Ah the screeching sounds of Komari and Kud. Had to mute both.

This is going to sound weird, but I just can't bear the h-scene voice lines from Kuroinu ajsbdjasbd like, I'm not a huge fan of nukige but everyone was talking about how dark and heavy it was... I HAD to check it. So I did. Let me tell you, I'm loving the dark fantasy aspect and the h-scenes are beautiful, but those moans,,, way too much, man... way too much.