/cast Revive @ Sprite

Seraphim

28 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I wonder from where they got the money to resume operations. It's not that those studios usually just choose to close down.

Except Minori of course, but Minori was always a bit weird. :unsure:

From what I read they decided to stop making VNs and moved on to other things, so they never needed to declare bankruptcy or anything like that and of course never run out of money. It's anyone's guess how profitable Aokana was, but the curios things is if I remember correctly they sold their IP when they left the VN scene and said back then " that it is not possible to "revive" the company", maybe that was a misunderstanding or the situation has changed since then.

Here is a link to a news article from back then:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-02-11/aokana-game-maker-sprite-halts-operations-at-end-of-march/.143245

I wonder if it is conceited to think that the success(?) of the western release has anything to do with this development?

On the one hand, good for them!  May they find success and produce many great new VNs.

On the other hand, I don't know how interested I am in getting an EXTRA 2 unless they decide to follow Mashiro in that one too (or Rika).  And an actual sequel to Aokana... well the original certainly had it's merits so if they take the time to think their story though this time around then I'd be quite interested... but I don't know if I can sit through another jumbled mess.

Edit: Legit forgot that Rika is considered a main heroine and thus could get an EXTRA.

Edited by GXOALMD

Wow! This is such a good new! 

I've been searching information about this some time ago but there been no news since 2018 i think, so it makes me so happy that Sprites gets to resume operations, and, with a little faith they can take their time to make Aokana -ZWEI- as good as the original, i mean, they have really good characters to explore a sequel and if they do something similar to what Majikoi did with S it can turn out to be something really good! 

And well, i hope that they learn that Misaki route was the best and follow the trail of that route to make the sequel better. 

And of course it wouldn't be bad to see something original (But right now im too hyped with Aokana so :))

Whether if they sprite can revive thanks to Nekonyan or not is only them who knew the answer, so let me say that good for them to be able to resume their production. Will look forward to their next products will be (Hopefully) localized by Nekonyan.

Edited by littleshogun

1 hour ago, MFrost said:

I'm all for more Misaki and Satouin...hopefully. Honestly with the amount of characters, it's surprising they didn't do much with them and instead chose ...Mashiro... for an Extra/sequel.

I still don't understand why Misaki fans don't like the best character to ship her with.

Spoiler

I still don't understand Misaki fans.

18 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

if you are talking about milking you should be mentioning Majikoi not Aokana

What makes Aokana's case different from Majkoi? From what I was told, both are being milked to death, either by sales of merchandise, or new entries in the series.

Edit:

By the way, I have nothing against it, just so you don't misunderstand me xD

Edited by Infernoplex

If Aokana was actually being milked to death through merch, then I'd be able to get some Shindou merch.

Spoiler

And some Shion merch, and some Minamo merch, and some Satouin merch, and some Shirase merch, and some Aoi merch, and some Inui merch, but those are certainly all secondary to my need for some Shindou merch.

19 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

What makes Aokana's case different from Majkoi? From what I was told, both are being milked to death, either by sales of merchandise, or new entries in the series.

Edit:

By the way, I have nothing against it, just so you don't misunderstand me xD

18 hours ago, GXOALMD said:

If Aokana was actually being milked to death through merch, then I'd be able to get some Shindou merch.

Reveal hidden contents

And some Shion merch, and some Minamo merch, and some Satouin merch, and some Shirase merch, and some Aoi merch, and some Inui merch, but those are certainly all secondary to my need for some Shindou merch.

@Infernoplex Basically what he said and Majikoi released around 7 Fan Discs, almost a release every year after the main game came out

• 2 weeks later...