Lamunation Release

littleshogun

That low price is really surprising, still going to wait for potential physical release though as I have a really damn long backlog and am not in a hurry when it comes to digital releases. Considering the vndb scores and generally how the VN seems from the things I have seen it is definitely something I want on my shelf.

Edited by bakauchuujin

Just now, Plk_Lesiak said:

Aye, that price and launch discount are very hard to say no to. :3 Probably will be a while before I read it, but I'm going to grab it anyways. 

Yep... Like, I don't have it in me to not buy this. There's just no way.

I'm not seeing how they can profit off of this and give the team enough to keep food on the table, but perhaps it is a steam gamble with low price, h-patch, and good translation, and in that case I genuinely wish them all luck.

I think that maybe they are hoping for high sales on Chinese market?

Anyways, "International" version is absolute steal, all the more when compared with DLSite's version. It surpasses it by having all three languages, and the price is small fraction of DLSite's price (円6600, which would be around $60). Mind-blowing :o

Edited by adamstan

Thanks to everyone who has bought the game! The release is going really well so far!!

Regarding the price, we set it so low for two reasons. 1) As adamstan said, we're hoping to appeal to the Chinese market, as well as to more casual fans/newbies to visual novels who are more likely to buy at a lower price point. 2) We ported the game to a new engine, which meant some of the QOL features had to be cut from the original version, so we thought it was fair to reduce the price accordingly.

If anyone has any questions, drop them here and I'll do my best to answer ^_^

2 hours ago, meru said:

Thanks to everyone who has bought the game! The release is going really well so far!!

Regarding the price, we set it so low for two reasons. 1) As adamstan said, we're hoping to appeal to the Chinese market, as well as to more casual fans/newbies to visual novels who are more likely to buy at a lower price point. 2) We ported the game to a new engine, which meant some of the QOL features had to be cut from the original version, so we thought it was fair to reduce the price accordingly.

If anyone has any questions, drop them here and I'll do my best to answer ^_^

then what features is cut from the original version then??? im curious. also theres a narration in there huh.

11 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

I second this question.  I mean, most of the engines I know of you could have ported it to aren't that lacking in features.

the ability to Jump to any voice line from the backlog...which was there is the original is not available here

The ability to replay the voice from any voice-line  from the backlog is also missing.. this was there in the original..

The ability to change the opacity of the text box which was there in the original is also missing here..

The above 3 are the only ones that i am aware off but there could be more...

However for the price-point on offer.. i am willing to compromise for the above .. that said i wouldn't have minded paying a bit extra to include the text box opacity option...Thankfully the textbox opacity that they have included by default is to my liking....

Edited by Wildbreed

It would have been nice to just stick with Siglus, but the cost of the license was prohibitive. One of the main things we had to forfeit is the Twitter integration, which was a fun gimmick in the original version. Other than that, we've had to scale back some of the menu options such as skipping back a line or changing opacity of the text box. Of course these are things that could be implemented in Kirikiri with enough time and resources, but the cost was out of the scope of this project. Still, I think the game looks great and functions well, especially for this price point :)

Edit// I just saw that Wildbreed responded above, and their post answers most of the questions! Thanks! ^^

Edited by meru

On 11/24/2019 at 12:39 PM, meru said:

It would have been nice to just stick with Siglus, but the cost of the license was prohibitive. One of the main things we had to forfeit is the Twitter integration, which was a fun gimmick in the original version. Other than that, we've had to scale back some of the menu options such as skipping back a line or changing opacity of the text box. Of course these are things that could be implemented in Kirikiri with enough time and resources, but the cost was out of the scope of this project. Still, I think the game looks great and functions well, especially for this price point :)

Edit// I just saw that Wildbreed responded above, and their post answers most of the questions! Thanks! ^^

what did the twitter integration do? I am enjoying this VN so much ,thank you for your hard work!:D

Edited by the tales of Sora

On 11/24/2019 at 4:39 AM, meru said:

It would have been nice to just stick with Siglus, but the cost of the license was prohibitive.

That's outright bizarre that they'd charge so much for the engine license that it's more economical to just port the game to a different engine.  So much of the eroge industry seems to operate in a Bizarro World that defies common sense.

Edited by sanahtlig

finished reading it. even more random than Suki to Suki to de Sankaku Ren'ai

i think the vn selling point isnt the story nor the h-scene but its random scenes and jokes that made on the way. the story is less than Suki to Suki to de Sankaku Ren'ai and h-scene is just a fan service (chapter 1-5 is common and 6-10/11 just lock you in the route which 3 of them is h-scenes.) and after story is still a fan service (7 chapters where 6 of them is h-scenes). (maybe graphics and sound too but still)

if has moments, a lot or jokes, reference and 4th wall joke. at the low price with 10-11 hour or reading??? (i finished reading it within 6 days) it is worth it even with reduced functions during the original.

my favorite moment was 

Spoiler

in corona chaper 5 where it shows the code and then a main menu where i cant click anything eXcept new game. lol

there are minor issues tho (can someone verify this?):

1. chapter select is available from the start and it appears that you can view every chapter from the start, even the after story. and without using "full open"

2. you cant toggle skip unread or skip read teXt. skip at the bottom skips read teXt and "ctrl" skips read teXt but scene skip at the top skips read teXt.

3. once you reach the route/character selection. if you select a route/character, eXit then go to the route/character selection, the neXt scene is unlocked. fully skipping the scene.

4. few teXt isnt translated mostly character name and a image that looks like a line (someone on discord says its in chinese lol). also a character teXt is in the body of the message boX. and at one point (when luna pulls lamune), you can see a piece of code maybe its her rotation.

5. a few lines doesnt sync with what they saying... maybe its translated differently but at one point the voice says lamunation but the line says a long line composed of 2 sentences.

6. i cant unlock BGM mode even with full open. anyone knows how???

7. theres no narrator route,witch and solaris

still a good read. might post images later for more information from discord