Website | Tumblr | Twitter | Discord | Itch | Lemmasoft | VNDB

Download the full game on itch.io: https://pinlin.itch.io/darknights

♦ Game info ♦

Commercial or free? Free
Release date? 31 October 2019
Screensize: 1280 x 720
Genre: Mystery, fantasy, romance, horror, psychological
Rate: 16+ for violence, blood and suggestive themes

There are 3 different type endings per route.

Romantic End | Normal End | Death End

♦ Features ♦

♦ 4 routes, each with a unique storyline
♦ 16 possible endings, 4 per storyline
♦ At least 10 hours playtime - 60,000 - 70,000 words per storyline. Total 270,608 words
♦ 8+ side characters, vary per route. 
♦ 60 CG art/20+ cut scenes
♦ 60 Original background art
♦ 40 Original soundtracks
♦ 29 Achievements
♦ Opening video
♦ Bonus material

♦ Story ♦

The protagonist is student who has no goals in life. She lives in a calm village and grows bored of the environment. Despite her potentials, she doesn’t work to develop them. Suddenly disappearances occur in the village. At the same time the protagonist meets new faces. It is suspected that a new resident is possibly involved in the events. The protagonist chooses one to investigate. From there the plot separates in four different story lines. Along the story she realizes what is important to her and discovers new things about her environment.
The story is told through moving sprites, original background art, unique illustrations and original soundtracks. Despite the title, Dark Night’s world is vibrant with visuals. The story appears to be slice of life, but it quickly gets down to its true color.

♦ Main characters ♦

5JEoo5M.png
Miyoko (can be changed):
The heroine (you) in this story. A strong, badass and intelligent daredevil.

CfqNEra.png
Junoru:
Just like his appearance, he is a real gentle man. He always speaks in a polite manner and is kind to the heroine. 
On the other hand his expression always carries a little bit of sadness. He is often absent-minded, which makes 
the heroine wonder what he is thinking about.

Kurato:
A strange guy who suddenly appear in front of the heroine's house. After a few incidents and misunderstandings, he is labeled 
as a stalker. Despite his cheerful personality, the heroine suspect his true intentions are different. 

nK2axJS.png
Sachiro:
He is a little shy around new people, but keeps his friendly attitude. He is often seen alone during night. Somehow he 
disappears exactly when the murders occur. He may not look harmful, but what is hidden behind this innocent face?

Zeikun:
Blunt and straight forward character. He prefers to be alone and often chases others away. Despite his cold attitude, 
he saves the heroine on the verge of death. Since he avoids questions, the heroine thinks he is hiding something.

♦ Art ♦

tumblr_pcp715WleQ1vupf7jo1_1280.png

bbb31733c364c1113d03bb0a7022e35d4bf364b9

accdbc4324f066d57a0d22c2e8a220d2c1b57299

eb37c28adf2c97ec148fc3162493eaf76c2de193

♦ Questions for you ♦

Which route was did you and play and which did you enjoy the most?

Share your thoughts of:
- Writing/story
- Visuals
- Music/sound
- Game mechanics
- Characters/overall experience

♦ Solo project ♦

Story, sprite art, bg art, cg art, GUI and programming are done by myself. I worked with a few composers 
to create original soundtracks and sound effects. This game will NOT have voice acting. It may change my mind depending on 
how much support this project gets.

Edited by Pinlin

This is... Massive, for a solo project. :o

Looks interesting too. And free? Seems more like something that should be paid $15 for. ^^ Can't really pick up a VN of this size right now, but this makes me super-curious, I'll definitely give it a try at some point.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

7 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

This is... Massive, for a solo project. :o

Looks interesting too. And free? Seems more like something that should be paid $15 for. ^^ Can't really pick up a VN of this size right now, but this makes me super-curious, I'll definitely give it a try at some point.

Hence the development took 6 years, haha. 

It's my first project, so I'd like to offer it for free. I hope for more people to enjoy my work. During those 6 years, I had to work a lot on my skills. I never drew background arts, published any writing and I was kind of new to digital art. Don't get me started on programming...
Even so, thanks to my passion and support of a lot of people, I managed to complete this.

I believe this is a medium-length VN (for one route without testing all choices). Nowadays I see a lot of short VNs with 1-2 hours length, so mine may look long?

Anyway, I hope to hear from you again if you try!

57 minutes ago, Pinlin said:

I believe this is a medium-length VN (for one route without testing all choices). Nowadays I see a lot of short VNs with 1-2 hours length, so mine may look long?

Anyway, I hope to hear from you again if you try!

I'm not the fastest reader, so I always assume 10k words = one hour, so... I would take quite a while for me to complete it. '^^ But yeah, I'll definitely leave so feedback when I get to it though. Maybe I'll try to tackle it over the winter holidays. :)