Having issues in-game (Kamidori Alchemy Meister)

Hello, I've noticed that whenever i get into a battle in-game, the game "hangs" during the impact frames for attacks, I've tried installing codecs yet none have worked.

Not only that, the battle maps seems to be missing some text (example below)

age_2019-11-13_18-18-55.png

compared to

Discord_2019-11-13_22-29-26.png

for the record, yes my system locale is in japanese

image on top is my game, below is my friend's.

appreciate any help.

1 hour ago, DrakeLightheart said:

Hello, I've noticed that whenever i get into a battle in-game, the game "hangs" during the impact frames for attacks, I've tried installing codecs yet none have worked.

Not only that, the battle maps seems to be missing some text (example below)

age_2019-11-13_18-18-55.png

compared to

Discord_2019-11-13_22-29-26.png

for the record, yes my system locale is in japanese

image on top is my game, below is my friend's.

appreciate any help.

My copy displays the same as your first image:

7a6ffc351fea062960796379f1ea6ccf.jpeg

I believe this is normal and doesn't mean anything is wrong with your copy.

Your friends screenshot appears to have sections that aren't translated (the text you're seeing is Kenji), those shouldn't be showing up at all.

About the hanging issue, I don't know about that because I've never had that problem before.

Edited by Shaun

3 minutes ago, GXOALMD said:

This is just a shot in the dark as I haven't played it, but if you're using an Nvidia graphics card then make sure shadowplay is disabled.

That isn't the problem at all, I have that enabled and don't have hanging at all.  Shadowplay never interferes with any game.  Also if you don't even have GFE (Geforce Experience) installed you won't even have shadowplay to begin with, you need GFE for that but you need to manually trigger shadowplay for it to even do anything, it doesn't run on it's own.

Edited by Shaun

13 hours ago, Shaun said:

That isn't the problem at all, I have that enabled and don't have hanging at all.  Shadowplay never interferes with any game.  Also if you don't even have GFE (Geforce Experience) installed you won't even have shadowplay to begin with, you need GFE for that but you need to manually trigger shadowplay for it to even do anything, it doesn't run on it's own.

I don't have an Nvidia graphics card so correct, thanks for the reply regarding the text, now my only other confusion is the game "skipping" impact frames during combat2019-11-14_13-53-51.gif

ignoring the horrible capture framerate, you can see what I mean here, the odd thing is this happens on almost all attacks, but one or two exceptions (hades blast is one I believe) show the animation normally.

I'm honestly not too bothered by this, it's been 100+ hours so I've more or less accepted it might just be my laptop dying.

this is weird to say the least. ive had both of these issues but never together on the same pc. i got that weird tile thing going on with my current pc but frame skips was on my older pc. you can adjust the combat and exploration to make it less animated so it doesnt skip frames. and combat you can adjust so instead of getting a more personal view of the combat itll just be your characters picture and the enemies fighting. like when enemies fight each other.

I also experienced the same thing in regard of my animation attack, so perhaps your laptop being old might be a factor here (My laptop is from 2009 by the way). What I can say is that as long as the game didn't crash after that, it should be fine. About the battle maps missing some text, it seems that Aroduc have some problem when he insert the text translation of the field so he decided to remove it for the translated version (Not much loss here anyway). By the way I don't know what your friend did with his Kamidori file, so you may ask him to do some comparison here. I hope my answer will be helpful to you.