Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adamstan

"My Fair Princess" has been released

Recommended Posts

君を仰ぎ乙女は姫に / "My Fair Princess" official English translation has been released by SolPress on 2019-11-08.

26475.jpg

It has been released as All-ages Steam Edition plus free +18 Patch.

It seems interesting (some people say it has a bit similar vibe to Princess Evangile, minus all-girls school of course), and I like the art style, so it definitely goes onto my wishlist/backlog.

Sadly, according to some posts on various forums, the release is currently in pretty messy state, with font issues and untranslated lines :( A quote from r/visualnovels:

Quote

Untranslated names, untranslated dialogue, frequent grammar mistakes, lines for certain characters getting swapped or put into the same text box, bugs in the system menu.

Do we have another Hoshimemo-like case here? :( And will SolPress fix the issues?

EDIT - it looks like the bugs are being patched already :)

16 hours ago, Wildbreed said:

The above things including the text sync bugs have been fixed with the latest patch that was rolled out last night..

 

Edited by adamstan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh sadly, I don't understand why Sol Press released My Fair Princess with a lot of bugs and errors, knowing many would notice bugs and errors. And end up stop play My Fair Princess. 

They could released My Fair Princess when it's bugs and errors free.

I don't understand what Sol Press are thinking with. 

I have download game and that was before I knew My Fair Princess had bugs and error, so I have delete game from my computer and thank you to r/visualnovels for mentioned bugs and errors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Untranslated names, untranslated dialogue, frequent grammar mistakes, lines for certain characters getting swapped or put into the same text box

The above things including the text sync bugs have been fixed with the latest patch that was rolled out last night..

However the config menu is still bugged and is being worked on ( nothing game breaking tho its just a small coding mistake..and its easy to rectify on your own )...minor typos are still present tho and will be patched along with the config  menu fixes shortly..

29 minutes ago, Novel21 said:

Sigh sadly, I don't understand why Sol Press released My Fair Princess with a lot of bugs and errors, knowing many would notice bugs and errors. And end up stop play My Fair Princess. 

They could released My Fair Princess when it's bugs and errors free.

I don't understand what Sol Press are thinking with. 

I have download game and that was before I knew My Fair Princess had bugs and error, so I have delete game from my computer and thank you to r/visualnovels for mentioned bugs and errors. 

also clearly the bugs are not that aghast such that they warrant a game deletion... and some people are clearly overreacting to certain things....

the above bugs are only triggered only during a certain scene and get rectified by itself. which is basically 20 lines at most .. the rest of the VN is unaffected ... anyways all these things have now been fixed with the recent patch.. so lets give that a rest...

 

the only issues i had with SolPress is the way in which certain staff members replied to me when we asked them " that how was the VN pushed for release.. when certain bugs like the ones in the config menu were so easily noticeable " the reply i got to this was  ignorance to say the least...

The bugs themselves were not the main issue for me... easily circumventable  

Edited by Wildbreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See ton of comments on 4chan that "this game is only for Xev" and "no one is going to play it"...

 

Ehm... Can I ask why? Because it's niche game from niche company released in 2011 with questionable quality art? Or why...

 

Well, that art style is OK for me, but I see, that others don't like it really... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

See ton of comments on 4chan that "this game is only for Xev" and "no one is going to play it"...

People can say anything they want in order to justify the means for not spending money or an excuse to pirate...

also 4chan = not the mass majority..i sometimes go and shit talk on 4chan to as an anon i.e .... 

The only way to know is to see for yourself whether you like it or not.... i have not gone that far in the game but so far its alright...7/10 overall..... 

 

Quote

released in 2011 with questionable quality art

Err.. do you see anything questionable below?..what are they expecting.... The Mona Lisa?

130198.jpg

Edited by Wildbreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wildbreed said:

Err.. do you see anything questionable below?..what are they expecting.... The Mona Lisa?

130198.jpg

Her right hand looks pretty weird, mainly due to the mini-thumb, and a lot of the faces in this game look kind of odd, hers included.

But everything else (character designs, backgrounds, etc.) looks fine to me, though it is not a particularly exciting art-style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inflatable Lemon said:

Her right hand looks pretty weird, mainly due to the mini-thumb, and a lot of the faces in this game look kind of odd, hers included.

But everything else (character designs, backgrounds, etc.) looks fine to me, though it is not a particularly exciting art-style.

Like if you go specifically digging around for design flaws then you may encounter them in many VN s including some of the newer released title.

Like the way Yumemis leg are folded in the cg below from Planetarium

91765.jpg

Or how Soras Palm and fingers look from nine 9 ep 2
111774.jpg

So if you go digging around every cg.. you are bound to find some flaws in cgs here and there in almost every VN.... But like you dont buy and read VNs specifically to find design flaws do you?

I honestly didnt even notice anything odd with the Rin cg above until you pointed it out..you need to really look in order to notice those..

Quote

though it is not a particularly exciting art-style.

That is your subjective opinion..  I can say the same thing regarding the Raging Loop art style.... the character faces look stiff..  and the overall artsyle looks very odd....But that doesn't mean others find it the same way as i do..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Wildbreed said:

Like if you go specifically digging around for design flaws then you may encounter them in many VN s including some of the newer released title.

Like the way Yumemis leg are folded in the cg below from Planetarium

Or how Soras Palm and fingers look from nine 9 ep 2
 

So if you go digging around every cg.. you are bound to find some flaws in cgs here and there in almost every VN.... But like you dont buy and read VNs specifically to find design flaws do you?

I honestly didnt even notice anything odd with the Rin cg above until you pointed it out..you need to really look in order to notice those..

That is your subjective opinion..  I can say the same thing regarding the Raging Loop art style.... the character faces look stiff..  and the overall artsyle looks very odd....But that doesn't mean others find it the same way as i do..

You asked if Veshurik saw "anything questionable" in that screenshot, and I pointed out two aspects that I found questionable. Bringing up examples from other VNs does does not erase those. And while the misshapen thumb is a minor oddity in one CG, the odd looking faces are not. Those are common to a lot of the characters and is something that I find pretty off-putting about this particular visual novel.

And yes, saying that something "looks pretty weird", that it "looks kind of odd", or that it is "not particularly exciting" are all obviously subjective statements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Inflatable Lemon said:

You asked if Veshurik saw "anything questionable" in that screenshot, and I pointed out two aspects that I found questionable. Bringing up examples from other VNs does does not erase those. And while the misshapen thumb is a minor oddity in one CG, the odd looking faces are not. Those are common to a lot of the characters and is something that I find pretty off-putting about this particular visual novel.

And yes, saying that something "looks pretty weird", that it "looks kind of odd", or that it is "not particularly exciting" are all obviously subjective statements.

Of-course it does not erase those..however the said questionable aspects also exists in other VNs too.. so just singling out kimihime by pointing out these minor oddities is kinda harsh.. as the same thing can be said about other VNs too...

As for the Character faces..i didnt find anything odd about them.. they are alright.. .. but like i said before i have atm played only 1/4th of the VN so i dunno if there are superbly deformed faces later on.. but so far i am enjoying the read.. and the faces are so far not as off putting as your making them out to be..they are alright.. as far as character faces..go..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wildbreed said:

Of-course it does not erase those..however the said questionable aspects also exists in other VNs too.. so just singling out kimihime by pointing out these minor oddities is kinda harsh.. as the same thing can be said about other VNs too...

As for the Character faces..i didnt find anything odd about them.. they are alright.. .. but like i said before i have atm played only 1/4th of the VN so i dunno if there are superbly deformed faces later on.. but so far i am enjoying the read.. and the faces are so far not as off putting as your making them out to be..they are alright.. as far as character faces..go..  

I am not trying to single out Kimihime, these are just some of my (subjective) reasons why I am not hot on the art. The same applies to a lot of other VNs.

I'll probably end up buying it eventually, as the premise does seem decently interesting, but right now I am in no hurry to add it to my backlog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Inflatable Lemon said:

I am not trying to single out Kimihime, these are just some of my (subjective) reasons why I am not hot on the art. The same applies to a lot of other VNs.

I'll probably end up buying it eventually, as the premise does seem decently interesting, but right now I am in no hurry to add it to my backlog.

How do you feel about the art in Shitsuaru? It has a lot of similarities to KimiHime's art, but I think it's good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Arkado said:

How do you feel about the art in Shitsuaru? It has a lot of similarities to KimiHime's art, but I think it's good.

I think it looks good. The color palette feel more vibrant, the heavier outlines make both characters and their design stand out more, and the faces don't have (as much of?) whatever it is that I find off-putting about Kimihime's faces. Sprites do seem to be lower resolution than in Kimihime, with some pretty obvious aliasing in some of the VNDB screenshots, but that's a quite minor point for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 8:09 PM, Wildbreed said:

Err.. do you see anything questionable below?..what are they expecting.... The Mona Lisa?

<snip pic>

Umm.  It looks kind of like she's got a broken pinky on her right hand?  And her eyes are too far down on her face.  Makes her look like Megamind.  I mean, the art style isn't terrible - I actually kind of like it - but there is definitely some weirdness here.

Edit: And apparently I somehow missed the reply which said both of these things already.  Damn ninjas...

On 11/16/2019 at 1:49 AM, Freestyle80 said:

cant wait for Sol Press to complain that its not selling well

Well, it won't.  VNs apparently still struggle to move four digits' worth of copies.

Edited by Nandemonai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

Umm.  It looks kind of like she's got a broken pinky on her right hand?  And her eyes are too far down on her face.  Makes her look like Megamind.  I mean, the art style isn't terrible - I actually kind of like it - but there is definitely some weirdness here.

Edit: And apparently I somehow missed the reply which said both of these things already.  Damn ninjas...

Well, it won't.  VNs apparently still struggle to move four digits' worth of copies.

No wonder wonder they release shit like this. When is the next interesting vn? Must be hello lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

No wonder wonder they release shit like this. When is the next interesting vn? Must be hello lady

Dont expect every release to be an Akabei-Soft or a Yuzusft..also i definitely wont go as far as calling it a shit VN... i am thoroughly enjoying it.. just like how i enjoyed Noble Works and  PE...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wildbreed said:

Dont expect every release to be an Akabei-Soft or a Yuzusft..also i definitely wont go as far as calling it a shit VN... i am thoroughly enjoying it.. just like how i enjoyed Noble Works and  PE...

Almost every release of theirs are obscure VNs that not many people are interested in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...